Hum Thehray Gunahgar - New Soap on Hum TV

Posted: 10 years ago
I watched first episode of this show by fluke only and I was enthralled. I was looking for the new serial in place of MKPYH and I remembered that someone posted the promo for this show and I thought it might be the one started in place of MKPYH but this is not the case. HTG is a new soap that airs from mon- thurs at 6:30 PM on Hum TV and it is veryyy good. Only after 5 minutes into the first episode I was hooked. First it was the chemistry between Danish Taimoor and Ashna Kausar that captured my attention and then it was everything. From acting to direction to script and dialogues to somewhat novelty of the concept and pace of the show. Do give it a watch IMO it is worth every minute up till now. I am really looking forward to the next episode but I just hope in future it does not turn out to be like rishtey kuch adhooray sey.

Details:
http://www.ebuzztoday.com/hum-tv-drama-serial-hum-theray-gunehgaar-35091/

OST:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u_sm8GLro0[/YOUTUBE]

Promo:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnnHgj0hScs[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by PyarayAfzal - 10 years ago
Kise apna kahein is the show replacing MKPYH. It has Danish and Arif Fatima
Ashna Kauser? You mean Ushna Shah?

I tried watching this but it was just weird how the two guys get nikkahfied then get nikkahfied to other girls. From the promos, Danish will have to divorce Ushna then it seems like Ushna will get married to Farhan Ali Agha's character.

I really like Danish Taimoor and Farhan Ali Agha, both are very underrated. Plus it has Mansha Pasha in it. I do not like any of the other girls though.
Isn't danish playing mansha's adopted brother in the show? Isn't it weird for them to get married
yup true. My mistake ..Ushna Shah it is.

I did not like Ushna Shah in Sheher-e-Yaran also but here she seems to have improved a lot. Though she is still shaky in some scenes but overall she is alright. This is what I like about this show, most of the cast is mediocre but the director has managed to get fine performances out of them, at least better than many actors in some leading shows these days. The other girl is also not bad at all.

I also had reservations about Ushna's father marrying her off to Danish at first. Usually parents insist on meeting guy's family first but then the execution of some of the scenes sent this thought into back of my mind for example her father asking muhallay walas to come for the nikkah and him insisting that Danish should stay for the dinner. Of course this thought is still there but it is not as bothersome now.
Originally posted by plo_98

Isn't danish playing mansha's adopted brother in the show? Isn't it weird for them to get married

I don't think so. We do not know whether they are adopted or not (or did I miss that part?). We just know that Zakariya and his wife took care of Ramal and Nudrat like their own kids. It is quite common you see for example "orphaned behen ki beti was raised by khala and then khala marrying her off to her son" etc.
Ushna or whatever her name is she does way too many shows and I can't stand her.. literally can't stand her.. what's with all the cast? sasta drama hai..😆
Originally posted by PyarayAfzal

I don't think so. We do not know whether they are adopted or not (or did I miss that part?). We just know that Zakariya and his wife took care of Ramal and Nudrat like their own kids. It is quite common you see for example "orphaned behen ki beti was raised by khala and then khala marrying her off to her son" etc.
I heard danish say it in a promo

Originally posted by plo_98

I heard danish say it in a promo

@PyarayAfzal - Taking someone in basically means that they "adopted"  them (one word translation in English lol), maybe they just didn't do it "officially."

@plo - so yes Danish is Mansha's adopted brother and Sarah's character is the adopted sister. In the show, her and Raheel love each other and get married secretly even though they are basically adopted brother/sister. Raheel and Mansha are biological siblings while Danish and Sarah are their adopted siblings.

This is a weird situation I agree but in the end in depends whether they consider each other as bro/sis or consider as friends because they are not blood related.
Edited by canuck-umz - 10 years ago
Originally posted by canuck-umz

@PyarayAfzal - Taking someone in basically means that they "adopted"  them (one word translation in English lol), maybe they just didn't do it "officially."

@plo - so yes Danish is Mansha's adopted brother and Sarah's character is the adopted sister. In the show, her and Raheel love each other and get married secretly even though they are basically adopted brother/sister. Raheel and Mansha are biological siblings while Danish and Sarah are their adopted siblings.

This is a weird situation I agree but in the end in depends whether they consider each other as bro/sis or consider as friends because they are not blood related.

I do not think so. Taking in does not really mean adoption IMO. I mean here in west adoption has specific meanings and I think in east as well. Adoption actually gives you the legal right to start using adopted father name as your father name and many other rights. Even if you are not adopting the child legally or formally still then there should be an informal understanding that you have actually "adopted" the child i.e. you have actually accepted the child as your own. I can give you examples from novels actually 😃 for example in bin roye aansoo saman was "adopted" by her mamoon (although there was no formal adoption) but in "yeh jo subh ka ik sitara hai" romaisa was not adopted she was only "raised" by her khala. I would feel a little weird saying that romaisa was "adopted" by her khala. I personally do not think in normal spoken language we use the term adoption for romaisa's situation. Now in BRA agar aisa hota kai saman ko "adopt" karnay kai baad mamoon ka apna beta ho jata aur saman aur woh beta shadi kar laitay tou I would have found it reallyyy strange (not because of the ages) but agar romaisa apnay khala kai betay sai shadi kar lai tou there is nothing strange in it.

This is why I said in HTG what the situation is I am not sure although Rammal and Nudrat call Zakarya and his wife as mom and dad but what the understanding among them is not clear.

But I think it is a very superficial sort of discussion what you say, how you say they are all relative things. There is no absolute definition for it. But I hope I made it clear what I meant.