Draupadi or the bad portrayal of Draupadi??

Posted: 10 years ago
I cant stand the portrayal of Draupadi so far. Till now CVs have distorted the story as per their whims and fancies...but showing Draupadi as someone whose dad hates her, as someone who keeps glaring at her reflection is just way too much. I mean...Rupa Ganguly looked FIERCE. Draupadi should be both beautiful and fierce. Thats the most important aspect of Draupadi. No offence to the actor portraying Draupadi - but what can she do if shes asked to be dumb!!! Edited by meera27 - 10 years ago
I agree. I hate what the CVs are doing to Mahabharat.

But I don't think the episode showed Draupadi as dumb. They showed her loving side, her knowledge as well, etc.

I liked Draupadi. I think it's possibly because we've never seen this aspect to Draupadi in other versions. I have full faith that she will be fierce, but she has no reason to be right now.
meeraa, be patient, when the time comes she will be shown fierce.Edited by Arijit007 - 10 years ago
ive always been against the CVs.. but this one am able to accept as innocence of a new born girl 👍🏼
Lets hope all other members' positivity comes true. Like TM, even I felt Draupadi was being shown as someone calmer. Draupadi has to be fierce and stronger. That's the only way Draupadi should be. I am hoping in further epis we will come to see the real Draupadi.
a child when born is so naive...here the cv's tried to portray the unknown /never much discussed aspects of draupadi's life..

the main ved vyas story only describes the important events without giving more chapters/details about such small things ..so the cv's have taken their own cinematic liberty... i like this draupadi..

just that i feel the cv's should now buck up...they should keep up the pace of the story..
i wonder one thing Draupadi befriended with slave's daughter and said that she doesn't know the classification of society , she can't understand difference between princess and slave then how on earth she will insult Karna on sayambar? she will be taught about social norms so soon? or krishna will make her telling that without understanding?
Let's hope she gets fierce as the right time approaches.
Originally posted by Patrarekha

i wonder one thing Draupadi befriended with slave's daughter and said that she doesn't know the classification of society , she can't understand difference between princess and slave then how on earth she will insult Karna on sayambar? she will be taught about social norms so soon? or krishna will make her telling that without understanding?
Hi dear.. i think in this star plus mahabharat draupadi's svayamvar will take more time.. just draupadi's entry took two whole episodes.. then it would be one whole week for hidimba episode, then two weeks for bakasur episodes.. after that one whole week abt announcing the swayamvar and pandavas discussing about the swayamvar ...her actual  swayamvar will take two whole weeks..

so by that time draupadi will have sufficent time to learn about the norms of the society..😉
Originally posted by devashree_h

Lets hope all other members' positivity comes true. Like TM, even I felt Draupadi was being shown as someone calmer. Draupadi has to be fierce and stronger. That's the only way Draupadi should be. I am hoping in further epis we will come to see the real Draupadi.

Draupadi had no reason to be fierce or angry right now. She is a new born. She hasn't faced any injustice yet.