Do you think Rani is over-rated!!! - Page 6

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Pradarshak Asked---

But still my question is unanswered, can you tell me a single female character oriented hit movie by Rani Mukherjee? - Not yet!

YES,and the irony is that even an AIshwarya Rai is thought capable of carrying movies on her shoulders "INTERNATIONALLY"...Ash's provoked is her movie,and so is Umrao Jaan..And even Kareena has given stellar performances in mvies like Chameli,which was completely her movie...HEck,even Tabu,Konkona Sharma ,and Manisha koirala(lajja)have carried movies on their shoulders....Even the newcommer ayesha takia has Dor,an offbeat film....Sorry to say,but where Rani lacks is the image....Rani just couldnt pull off a mujra in Mangal Pandey๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ.....Mostly women oriented movies are either period films,which always go to Aishwarya as she has the dancing prowess and the look,or movies that are meant to be rabble rousing.....WHere Sridevi scored over Rani was in the realm of looks and dancing capabilities...Sridevi was tall,and she looked cuter than RAni,and she was a dynamite dancer....Be it a bharatnatyam(as displayed by Anju of chaalbaaz) or a western number,she just scorched the screen.....

Originally posted by Pradarshak

she can,but Rani never leaves anything to chance..she does only those movies which are sureshot hits.....Whereas Sridevi experimented..Sridevi has attempted many more genres than rani has,Sridevi wouldnt do movies only with the top hero..Whereas Rani is stuck with Aditya Chopra/Karan Johar and his heroes(SRK,Saif,Abhishek),Aamir and men of their ilk......Rani would never risk it,NEVER!...I would say even priety Zinta has done a variety of roles (a la Armaan,lakshya,salaam namaste etc)...Rani lacks variety,she's more stereotyped as this "bubblegum candyfloss herione" who would never experiment...I'm afraid even Aishwarya is more versatile,as she does a Provoked,an Umrao Jaan,a very hep Dhoom and a normal movie like Guru......Rani never works on her image,and never attempts to reinvent herself..Barring Black,all her other movies have ben somewhat of the same kind.......and Rani surely has to yet deliver movies like Roop Ki Rani Chooron Ka Raja,Chaalbaaz,Khudah Gawah,Chandni,Sadma etcetera.....sadly Bunty aur Bubli cannot be compared to Roop Ki Rani

Lets look at Rani's hits....

Saathiya..It had an excellent script,and a banner like Yashraj,and excellent music

Chalte Chalte...It had SRK

Hum -Tum...Big Banner,Saif Ali Khan

Veer Zaara....Yash Chopra and SRK

B&B...Big Banner,good music,Abhishek

Black..Sanjay Leela Bhansali,Amitabh Bachchan

KANK..KJo,SRK,Abhishek,Good music

Sridevi's hits include Sadma(which if I'm not wrong is a dubbed version of a Tamil movie,and it had kamal Hassan who wasnt any superstar in Hindi),Nagina,Chaalbaaz(which had Sunny Deol,who wasnt a star or anything,he was just starting out,and it had Rajnikant,who isnt a craze in the North),Roop Ki Rani Chooron Ka Raja(both Anil Kapoor and Jackie shroff werent BIG superstars),Chandni(with Rishi Kapoor and Vinod Khanna,both run of the mill actors)....There are movies which Sridevi has carried all on her shoulders,something which rani yet has to do

Moreover Sridevi can be called a complete performer.....I still remember sridevi's dances in the songs "na jaane kahaan se aayi ho "from chaalbaaz,Hawaa Hawaaii(roop ki rani) and her dances in chandni,nagina etc.....

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ....i think she shud atleast be given sum credit.
i too agree with buffie and worldclass diva....and no way u can compare sridevi and rani. whatevr points i wanted to say are already stated by buffie and worldclassdiva. rani cant afford or would not ever try to experiment and would not carry a film on herself, frankly speaking bollywood is male dominated industry and rani perfectly agrees with it....thats why she is always goody goody with chopras and johars and all khan clan.......she wont do a movie with vivek chopra bcoz she knows he is not saleable actor today....

and if you think all the big actresses like MADHURI and SRI DEVI carried film on their own shoulders..and they were never close to any actors and production houses...mads and sri were most professional in films they will do very lively bubbly role ..full of life..but as camera stops rolling they would again be rserved and be on their own...they never need to go on praising others when there is no need and when no one asks...thats what aishwarya rai is she is thorough professsional and does her work..and forget everything...she doesnt do chamchagiri of everyone ...like wat rani does. rani is solely bcoz of chopra, johar and khans clan.

forthcoming projects:

saawariyan: bhansali its self is crowd puller, even if he makes a film with newcomer he is sure audience will come to watch his movies.

babul: amitabh, salman, ravi chopra

tara rum pum pum: saif ali khan, chopra , aditya

any sole pic of rani.

plz dude dont compare sridevi and rani , rani is no where near sridevi in looks, in dance, and maily into acting.
and main thing is that all khan fraternity have simple rule one who is always goody and over the top praises them, that person will get to work with them.

and who does not obey it, or follow it, they are kicked out.

Originally posted by sunny_sin2005

and if you think all the big actresses like MADHURI and SRI DEVI carried film on their own shoulders..and they were never close to any actors and production houses...mads and sri were most professional in films they will do very lively bubbly role ..full of life..but as camera stops rolling they would again be rserved and be on their own...they never need to go on praising others when there is no need and when no one asks...thats what aishwarya rai is she is thorough professsional and does her work..and forget everything...she doesnt do chamchagiri of everyone ...like wat rani does. rani is solely bcoz of chopra, johar and khans clan.

plz dude dont compare sridevi and rani , rani is no where near sridevi in looks, in dance, and maily into acting.

I would like to share something.  This has nothing  to do with her rating as an actress. Still I have never seen a frivolous actress like Rani off-screen. Sri and Mad were utterly professionals.

There was a football(some charity, if you guys have also seen) match some years back in Salt Lake stadium, Calcutta between the Indian cricketers(Sachin, Sourav, Rahul and and all top players)  VS the Heroes of Bollywood(SRK, Salman, Akshaye, Saif, Jackie, Govinda, Sunil and other prominent heroes. It was a very funny match, SRK and Sourav were the captains, I think the cricketers scored some 6-7 or so(don't remember) goals. Dozens kha jatey, charity match tha isi liye the cricketers controlled the situation. Sourav made hat trick. In actual life the heroes are so weak compared to the cricketers, of course, for obvious reasons). Anyways, geting back to the point, Rani was the only actress present there.  Itne sarey good-looking and dashing logon ke beech, I think she lost her control. She was also asked to join the prize distribution ceremony. On the stage she was literally jumping around, hugging, giggling, pinching and punching the people she knows or works with. Akshay and Govinda looked embarrassed  trying to tame her down. I thought that was a bit serious part, since the ministers and other eminent figures were also present on the stage.

yes, since many actresses that surpass her, who are just as talented. Yet its us the public who ha given the position right