The Desert & its Oasis

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Rudra; he is hard, tough, desolate, ruthless, rugged, rustic just like the sands of the desert. He will burn down anything that will take him for granted. Very few can get to him. His characteristics are very much like the desert which can be very hard on any unsuspecting person navigating through it.

Paro
is the eternal optimist, loving, caring, beautiful in & out and most importantly giving just like the waters of a rare oasis. She quenches the thirst and the fires of the desert and offers the much needed warmth & comfort in the difficult terrains of the desert.

Beautiful way of describing the two...
Hi,

NB awesome post  ðŸ˜Š

Rudra is like a cactus if one touches it they get pricked..Paro will get hurt every time she tries to get close to him

Paro's personality truly resembles an oasis..a girl who is thirsty to be loved and accepted, but each time it will come her way Rudra will be there to snatch it away

Love the way you've put it..so symbolic x
Here is the parody version

Rudra is that spot in the Thar desert where all the weary travelers of a Rajasthani Barath take a pit stop after a long bus journey. Its an isolated, desolated, rugged, bushy spot well hidden from main road, just like Rudra's emotions and virginity.

Paro is that welcome lota of water that can make the weary travelers jump with joy, especially after a rich Rajasthani Wedding meal knocks on the exit door.

Now let me field chappals and galis.
Edited by serialjunkie - 10 years ago
Awesome post. I love your distinct interpretations of Rudra and Paro. It is difficult to find water on the desert. Just like it is difficult to see Parud's union. It is possible but much effort is need to find a source of water in a deserted land. Parud will have to put an effort to be with each other as they surpass various obstacles that will come in the way of their love.
Edited by Sidda8 - 10 years ago
No wonder he seemed so sublimated into his surroundings when he was riding his bike through the desert. So solitary, so stark, so remote and inaccessible. I am loving the scenes where the director dwells on this quality of his, his prickly heat, his stubborn isolation born of betrayal. They couldn't have set this story anywhere else. 
I'll be so sorry when they finally start showing the scenes shot in Bombay  - no more man and desert shots then.