Rangrasiya

Why does one choose to watch a particular show? - Page 2

chintu123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Over the past few days I have been reading various posts on the reservations that some of the viewers are having with the show. Let me begin by saying that I find some of the criticisms valid (though I may not agree with most of them).
 Now what are the factors that would make me watch a particular show/film?

,  I would choose to watch it if
a) It  stars my fav actors/actresses
b) The subject of the show is to my liking and
c) The promo further spikes the interest

This I presume would be the process for many others as well. I would therefore base my criticism of the show based on the above more specifically if the makers do not deliver what they promised either in thier interviews to the start up to the show or in the sneak peek/promos.

From my understanding of what the makers/actors have been saying and what the promos showed , the show is
a) A love story of a man who does not believe in love and a girl who does
b) The Main lead has shades of Othello to his character
c)  The sneak peek did indicate that there would be some amount of violence in the show 
d) Show would be larger than life
e) The show was set in Rajasthan border ( hence the local dialect)

Based on this if we were to analyse  the first week , then I would say that the show has managed to live up to the expectations. They have kept to the story that was promised in the sneak peek, the main leads are atleast visually compatible and good actors , the other characters of the show are well chosen and the locales and cinematography are excellent.

Coming to the criticisms , the only one that  I feel is valid is that of Sanaya's costume more specifically her chunri. But is it is big issue- I do not feel so. In fact , I was watching the song 'in Lamhon ke daman mein' from JA and Ash's blouse was even shorter!
The TRP viewers have been watching so many Rajasthan based shows ( and they are sucessful too) so dialect is not an issue. Violence , I feel will continue for some more episodes to come till the love story kicks in. I feel they slowed down  the pace of the second and third episode on purpose as it was New year's eve and they knew not many people would be watching TV on that day. On performance level criticisms , I feel they are subjective at this stage and we need to wait for some time for the show to settle in.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful post! Are you posting here for the first time? Welcome to the forum :)
GeoS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
nice post

welcome to RR forum
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Nice post n welcome to the forum!
 for me its usually actors and romance as a genre that would get me to watch something...

And this show has far exceeded all my expectations from it!

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
xMIC.Dropx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome to forum 🤗
awesome post.well i am watching those shows which story and actors impress me :)Edited by -BROKEN_ANGEL- - 10 years ago