America - the best place in the world? - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago

😆

Originally posted by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

wow...good debate

born and raised in America, it is the best place in the world to live in for me because it is the only place in the world i've lived in.

i agree with the points mentioned by many of the people who posted before me especially desi pride.

two things she said tht really suck to me are why immigrants who do not like america, migrate here and why havn't they moved back yet and when asked if a person is america or the nationality of their heritage, why that person has to choose.

i have seen and experienced both these points and i still dont get them. i mean i know of many uncles and aunties who migrated to america and they keep on talking about how horrible bush is (hes not exactly my favorite president either...all politicians are unfortunately corrupt...it dusnt matter wat part of the world they live in ), or how there r all these flaws in america. listening to their conversations always puzzles me. i mean attachment to their homeland and memories of childhood is natural but why critisize the county they CHOSE to live in and the country that has given them a better lifestyle than their homeland (why else would they migrate).

and as for being the nationality of the country of our heritage or being american...why should we compromise?...we know we are both...then why should we choose?

when people ask me if i consider myself american or pakistani i saw im an american pakistani but more importantly im a human

all i think i did was reiterate what others said 😆...guess i checked this thread out too late and every1 said everything i wanted 2 say

ditto.....i dun wanna write anything more cuz everyone already said everything!!!

Posted: 17 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have been a long time silent member but this topic forced me to answer. I am from Canada and have moved recently to the US and of course am desi. I just wanted to say to all those who say those who complain well go back to where you came from, I think you are being unfair. US, Canada are democracies and as a citizen and or resident I am allowed to complain about what I dont like about this country. Just becuase you can make out from our skin color that we arent from here we say get out if you dont like, how would you feel a a white person said that to you? I hope I havent offended anyone, I personally would choose to live in Canada as its my home than India though I am proud to be Indo Canadian.