The unforgiving sands of the desert- Updt

Posted: 10 years ago
He came,
He conquered,
With a heart set in stone,
And eyes that breathe fire.

Liked today's episode although the very long precap is driving me nuts. Tarun continued from where he left. His speech was well delivered. But the day's episode was completely dedicated to the hero of the story- Rudra. A man who wears his heart, his anger and his gun on his sleeves, a man so ruthless that he would burn down anyone who comes on his path.The whole juxtaposing of takurayin speaking of Paro's would be husband and the sheer ruthlessness of Rudra was well done.

I guess thats what the story boils down to- Paro is the dreamy, coy girl and Rudra the all consuming ruthless, powerful man.

The action sequences were well shot. I didn't mind the violence, given Im a big Tarantino junkie myself.

Ashish speaks with his eyes, he doesn't need words. His eyes were ruthless one moment and vulnerable in another moment. All the training seems to have done wonders and he looks the part of a man in uniform in terms of body language. However I have a problem with his unshaven appearance. I have been told that the border security personnel are normally local hires and as such dont have to strictly follow the rigid standards set for appearance of an army man. I guess this is going to be one of those instances where the writers have decided to take some liberties. oh well...

I loved Sanaya's expressions when Takurayin spoke of her would be husband, very restrained.

Highlight of the day-
The shot when Rudra shoots the guy who is seen falling from the brick wall. It was a well shot scene.

Edited by Naach_Basanti - 10 years ago
ohh my ,man!!!!!!!!!!,,,,ashish has nt evn set the silvr screen on fire tody,,,but RR forum tooo,,,,,,, ❤️Edited by nadiamalik01 - 10 years ago
NB pls write a full fledged FF on Rudra -Paro  :)
waiting for ur review...havnt watched the epi yet...
Sorry, I had some wifi issues. Post is now up.
Oh I am really liking this show 😊 What a womderful new years gift . Thankyou colours and nautanki ...
The highlight of the episode ofcourse waa rudra pratap ranawat's entry ...and buoy what an entry. Very impressed , his body language , ease in doing action scenes and ofcourse looking so good in uniform 😳 Perfect casting . 

The scenes I really liked were the beautiful moment between bindi and paro and then paro with mamisa , the 2 nd one especially was so poignant. The hesistancy in paro , the nervousness , happiness , sadness in leaving her loved ones , her villiage ...was oh so beautiful ...sanaya is slowly growing in to this role and making it her own. 

Then ofcourse the wonderful contrast scene when thaukarian is describing paro's ideal dulha and we see rudra in killer action , was very well executed. 

The scene in which thakursa is informing the villiagers abt paro being the chosen one , showed us more layers of his character ..his hatred for the indian govt manifested in BDF with his own justification as he feels he lost everything by the formation of the border and removal of privy purses. 
What stayed in my mind was thakurian's obvious discomfort when he starts spewing hatred abt BDF. 

Another lovely scene was when the shy paro gets up to feel the air of the villiage , in the tempo. Lovely ...and loved sanaya's blue-red-cream lehanga choli combo today, very fetching. 

She left the rudaraksh at home ...her protector..something bad is going to happen   We know from the promo , what 😆 

The lovely thing abt the show is their are so many beautiful things to appreciate so far , I feel I miss out on a lot of them while making this post 😊 Oh yes , the background score is superb ..loved a new instrumental tune which was played for rudra ...all the songs / instrumentals are simply superb.

Originally posted by Guinea

Oh I am really liking this show 😊 What a womderful new years gift . Thankyou colours and nautanki ...
The highlight of the episode ofcourse waa rudra pratap ranawat's entry ...and buoy what an entry. Very impressed , his body language , ease in doing action scenes and ofcourse looking so good in uniform 😳 Perfect casting . 

The scenes I really liked were the beautiful moment between bindi and paro and then paro with mamisa , the 2 nd one especially was so poignant. The hesistancy in paro , the nervousness , happiness , sadness in leaving her loved ones , her villiage ...was oh so beautiful ...sanaya is slowly growing in to this role and making it her own. 

Then ofcourse the wonderful contrast scene when thaukarian is describing paro's ideal dulha and we see rudra in killer action , was very well executed. 

The scene in which thakursa is informing the villiagers abt paro being the chosen one , showed us more layers of his character ..his hatred for the indian govt manifested in BDF with his own justification as he feels he lost everything by the formation of the border and removal of privy purses. 
What stayed in my mind was thakurian's obvious discomfort when he starts spewing hatred abt BDF. 

Another lovely scene was when the shy paro gets up to feel the air of the villiage , in the tempo. Lovely ...and loved sanaya's blue-red-cream lehanga choli combo today, very fetching. 

She left the rudaraksh at home ...her protector..something bad is going to happen   We know from the promo , what 😆 

The lovely thing abt the show is their are so many beautiful things to appreciate so far , I feel I miss out on a lot of them while making this post 😊 Oh yes , the background score is superb ..loved a new instrumental tune which was played for rudra ...all the songs / instrumentals are simply superb.

G, as someone else speculated there is a good chance Takurayin is Rudra's mom.
Nice review.😊

And I agree, the precap is unusually long. And I loved the action sequences, they were a welcome break from the colourful chaos that surrounds Paro.
Very nice review..

My reactions to the action scenes were like, 'am I watching a big budget action film in a theater??' Very well shot and Ashish Sharma's hard work has really paid off..

Rudra doesn't actually seem to be someone locally appointed .. I think, he is a major from regular army who is deputed to the border force.. Although an army personnel is supposed to maintain professional trimmed look, but when they are deputed to para-military or non-military services, they get to enjoy some liberty .. 

It is not surprising that Sanaya is doing a wonderful job as Paro, she is controlled as well as hesitant .. doesn't have the courage to demand something very strongly from the life.. 

But Ashish surprised me.. I am amazed at his acting.. As you rightly mentioned, his eyes do the most part of his acting...His eyes showed ruthlessness during action scenes, indifference and stubbornness when his boss was scolding and then such heart-wrenching sadness at the mention of Birpur! 
Loved his acting..

When two good actors are together, chemistry is an obvious outcome..
Edited by golpokobita - 10 years ago
Nice post...yet to see the episode