Priyanka on American show - Page 4

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by Amara_B

Originally posted by kitkataha

^ oh yea, I've warmed up to Aish as well post her motherhood. She is a lot more relaxed and at ease in comparison to her earlier yrs. Also, she is a lot more relate-able now, while earlier she'd come across rehearsed and cautious.

in totality, I'd still rate Aish above Priyanka when it comes to Hollywood appearancesLOLLOLIf I had to pick, I'd probably pick Aish's Oprah/Letterman intvw than any of PC's intvws...and that says a lot. It really grinds my gears to see a grown up woman act like she's still 13, unexplored lil girl.

Aishwarya's Letterman interview was excellent! The woman really knows how to hold her own. Letterman was being a class A racist douche, and Aishwarya shut him up Clap

Priyanka is just annoying. I loved her back in her Aitraaz days but she's just too into herself now.
how was Lettermen racist? The term racist is used so loosely today that we call almost anyone racist. He was being culturally ignorant not racist! And besides Bollywood has mocked other ethnicities countless times be it in award shows or movies!
-_- she needs to stop this fake accent! Like she is only bw actress i seen sucha wanna be!
Originally posted by shorty123

^ oh yea, I've warmed up to Aish as well post her motherhood. She is a lot more relaxed and at ease in comparison to her earlier yrs. Also, she is a lot more relate-able now, while earlier she'd come across rehearsed and cautious.

in totality, I'd still rate Aish above Priyanka when it comes to Hollywood appearancesLOLLOLIf I had to pick, I'd probably pick Aish's Oprah/Letterman intvw than any of PC's intvws...and that says a lot. It really grinds my gears to see a grown up woman act like she's still 13, unexplored lil girl.

Aishwarya's Letterman interview was excellent! The woman really knows how to hold her own. Letterman was being a class A racist douche, and Aishwarya shut him up Clap

Priyanka is just annoying. I loved her back in her Aitraaz days but she's just too into herself now.
how was Lettermen racist? The term racist is used so loosely today that we call almost anyone racist. He was being culturally ignorant not racist! And besides Bollywood has mocked other ethnicities countless times be it in award shows or movies!

I generally dislike Letterman a lot. He is an ignorant, judgmental, prejudicial, and yes racist excuse of a man.

It's easy for pc people to go around claiming 'oh poc just pull the racist card at every little thing'. This isn't true at all, racism is still as much a problem today as it was 70 years ago. If anything it's worse because racist discourse is now embedded in our everyday language so we no longer fight against it like we use to.

Racism is not confined to any given continent nor have I ever claimed it is. Quite frankly the racism in Bollywood (both against other races, and internalised racism) also makes me feel sick. One of the most horrific things I've seen in a Bollywood film is the way 'Blackface' is used as a comedic trope.

I'm very much against all forms of racism however they manifest themselves. Be it displays of cultural and/or racial ignorance, cultural appropriation, or forms of orientalism.
All non Americans tone own their accents for Americans not just Indians.  Did you ever listen to James McAvoy or Ewen McGreggor on UK vs US shows? Americans have a VERY difficult time with accents in general. Seriously my friends turn on subtitles for British English films Confused  Plus some accents are considered hot (French) and some alas are not. There are very few Americans who think Indian accents are hot.  Indian accents are associated with 7-11 employees...unfair, stereotypical but that's how it is.  I don't blame her for Americanizing her accent while in America anymore than I blame her for for driving on the right side of the street.  "when in Rome..."  Having said that - she seems pretentious and insincere and I used to like her a lot more than I do now. 
The main reason people start faking accent is to connect with people abroad... And to make it look that they have great connectivity with them!!

Edited by vedant123 - 7 years ago

Originally posted by shorty123

I generally dislike Letterman a lot. He is an ignorant, judgmental, prejudicial, and yes racist excuse of a man.

It's easy for pc people to go around claiming 'oh poc just pull the racist card at every little thing'. This isn't true at all, racism is still as much a problem today as it was 70 years ago. If anything it's worse because racist discourse is now embedded in our everyday language so we no longer fight against it like we use to.

Racism is not confined to any given continent nor have I ever claimed it is. Quite frankly the racism in Bollywood (both against other races, and internalised racism) also makes me feel sick. One of the most horrific things I've seen in a Bollywood film is the way 'Blackface' is used as a comedic trope.

I'm very much against all forms of racism however they manifest themselves. Be it displays of cultural and/or racial ignorance, cultural appropriation, or forms of orientalism.

Clap   EXACTLY
Why is everything seen fake by Desis? Can't they just appreciate anything in life? When I was in the US, finishing up my education, I found it hard to speak in an Indian accent (Thankfully, I DIDN'T have that SUPER THICK Indian accent that FOB Indians have, since I was brought up in the Middle East - one advantage, I suppose!). When you live around and associate with people of a certain culture or class, you tend to blend in and become like them. What did you expect her to do? Dunk her hair in oil and pronounce her Ts and Ds like they have just came out of the Hindi textbook?

[Content Removed]