Rangrasiya

Most serached tv celbs on the net: Sanaya

najmaa thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Comedy, controversies fueled search for TV celebs online

The writer has posted comments on this articleAkash WadhwaAkash Wadhwa,TNN | Dec 31, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
Share on Linkedin

Comedy, controversies fueled search for TV celebs online
Kapil Sharma

RELATED

The list of most searched TV celebs on the internet reveals that Bigg Boss contestants are the big gainers, while Kapil Sharma rules the roost

Comedy, cookery, controversy tops the list
Kapil Sharma trumps the list of most searched TV celebs online, prepared by Google Zeitgeist. The stand-up comedian is having the last laugh for coming up with a show that tickles the audiences' funny bones. From Sunil Grover quitting the show to the channel going for a copyright for Gutthi's character, everything related to the show made headlines this year.

At number 2 on the list is chef Sanjeev Kapoor. "Sanjeev Kapoor has been a household name for quite some time now, but what made him so popular probably is his presence on Master Chef India," says Pankaj Bhadouria, winner of the first season of the show. "Also, there is an increase in the popularity of chefs 'coz people of all age groups now take a keen interest in cooking as a hobby. It has sort of become mandatory to have a cookery-based reality show on every channel," she adds.

Actress Mona Singh, who comes in at number 3, made news for all the wrong reasons in 2013. The actress was the victim of a cyber crime this year when a scandalous MMS clip, allegedly of Mona Singh, went viral on the internet, and that is said to be the reason for her figuring so high on the list.

The 'real' stars!
If the whole point of being on a reality show is to garner mileage out of it, Bigg Boss contestants have hit bull's eye. Kushal Tandon, Armaan Kohli and Gauahar Khan - among the most controversial participants in the latest season of the reality show that concluded yesterday are among the top 10 most searched TV celebs.

"One can not deny that controversies work for celebrities. They definitely make us popular but at the end of the day we have to prove our worth in the market with our work. While more screen time on a show like Bigg Boss can help us get an appointment with a producer or director, our professional skills alone help us get work," says Sambhavana Seth, who had a fairly controversial run in Bigg Boss Season 2.

However, Lucknow lad Kushal Tandon doesn't think he figures on the list because of all the fights he was part of in this year's Bigg Boss. "People started loving me more when I came on Bigg Boss, but I was already in news since I was part of a very popular TV show, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai. Plus, I was also on the Sexiest Asian Men list. So, it isn't like people started looking me up on the internet because of the controversies that I was recently part of," he reasons.

If looks could kill
Television's hearthrobs make up for the rest of the names on the list. Sanaya Irani at number 7, Vivian D'Sena at number 8 and Karan Wahi at number 10, credit their online popularity to good looks, and the good run that their shows enjoyed on TV.

"It goes without saying that leads of popular shows tend to make news. And I have been part of several shows this year (Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Chhanchhann and now Rang Rasiya)," says Sanaya, adding, "I have heard that my fans find me sexy, though I disagree as I am a complete tomboy in real life." She goes on to reason, "For actors, whether on TV or in films, looks make a huge difference. People search for celebs' behind-the-scenes looks."

"A popular show makes a star popular," says Vivian D'Sena, the male protagonist of Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon. "God has blessed me with good looks, but they are secondary. For an actor to be popular, he first needs to be part of a successful show, which I am," he adds.

Karan Wahi, who is number 10 on the list credits his looks, and his shirtless pics on the internet for his popularity online. "I was part of two popular reality shows that I hosted, but I think what must have led people to search for me on the internet are my shirtless photoshoot to show off my six packs," says Karan.

Top searched TV celebs
Kapil Sharma
Sanjeev Kapoor
Mona Singh
Gauahar Khan
Shweta Tiwari
Armaan Kohli
Kushal Tandon
Sanaya Irani
Vivian D' Sena
Karan Wahi
Edited by najmaa - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
eeekk can i just scream? *having a total fangirl moment! *😆
aahhh!! the one of the ONLY TV actresses on that list for a good reason!! yehhh!!❤️
Sanaya gorgeous Irani! this is cool! 🥳but lol probably (most likely:p) glad to have contributed to this! 😉😆
Anyway its really awesome though! ⭐️ So its not for nothing that we call her the queen of tellywood!  And true she is the beauty of TV right now!

LOL for her comment though! trust Sanaya to say that! 😆
"I have heard that my fans find me sexy, though I disagree as I am a complete tomboy in real life."

hmm.. wonder why Swetha is on the list? cz she got married? or controversy? anyway nice, another one I like! 😳

T4S Najma! u rock with all the articles every time! 😳

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
win7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
karan wahi comment 😆
Guinea thumbnail
Nice article ...tfs 😊
neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Najmaa! Not surprised that so many people search for her online - not just us crazies!

However Sanaya is crazier than us - she thinks she is not sexy? Which planet are you on dear Sanaya? 😆 🤣
xMIC.Dropx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow sanaya is in top 10
yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: neet2407

Thanks Najmaa! Not surprised that so many people search for her online - not just us crazies!

However Sanaya is crazier than us - she thinks she is not sexy? Which planet are you on dear Sanaya? 😆 🤣

She is the leader of the RRA ... she's crazier than all of us put together!!! 🤣

Aww ... proud feelings come ... although I have to say, I don't contribute to the search ... I am very happy when lovely people like najmaa do it for us and post all the Sanaya articles here 😆 TFS, najmaa! 😃
AdorableDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
tfs Najma
i love her answers always

Willy_Wonka. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for sharing dear 
 Great she is in Top most searched celebrity list 😎
 Love her always...😃 
SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So sanaya is the mostly searched actress from tv :)