The Good..The Bad..The Ugly- Part 1

Posted: 10 years ago
Hi all,

Inayah here 

How awesome was the first episode? left me flabbergasted!!

The forum is filled with so many analysis' of the utter brilliance of the first episode..going to add my two cents (I know it's a little late, but hey better late than never)!!

Really liked how the team started off the episode with the underlying aspect, they gave the chance to viewers to connect and understand the characters with great depth

Filmy start it was, with all the gunfire..but I loved it to the core..left me with many questions as to why it all happened?

Upon revelation of Rudra and his father's story..one thing kept irking me!!..fair enough Rudra's mother was beautiful and she left the father, but the question that rose in my mind was why did she also leave behind Rudra her child?..didn't she care at all about him?..or was there another reason as to why she left?..maybe she was driven away..wasn't her choice..father maybe corrupting Rudra with lies with regards to his mother?

Loved..loved..loved the ending..although it was disturbing, we are yet to see why this reaction from Rudra?..or is it Paro's dream? (if spoilers are to be believed)

The good
Will start off with the ambiance..everything right from cinematography..acting..expressions..locales was spot on, it created the right feel for the start of the story amongst viewers

The music is to die for..what soulful lyrics

The child artists were best yet..they stole the show..young Rudra was amazing beyond words..what a talented child artist who conveyed intensity and pain from his heart..he barely had a sentence but yet left a mark with just the use of his eyes, on the other hand young Paro had many dialogues, she was good..played her part well and was not too kiddish or chirpy which I quite liked..she was real..but in comparison to young Rudra she fell

Preferred the entrance scene of Rudra, was much better compared to Paro..it was more dramatic and unexpected

Sanaya excelled in the expressions department, she was outstanding..as for Ashish his silhouette left such a big impact, the body language he protrayed without being seen left me amazed, if he could do this on the first episode then he will surely wow us all over when Rudra is seen more

So much more I can add but can't be asked ðŸ˜†...I think I've covered the basics

The bad
The famous one being (mentioned by many members) the butterfly..how fake did it look lol..it was a little far etched, but hey not everything can be perfect

Sanaya with the accent seemed okay to me..but then I saw many people saying she will improve with time..I didn't see anything wrong maybe because I have no idea what rajisthani dialect sounds like..anyhoo, if majority are saying she needs improvement then I will just go by that

Another thing I didn't quite like (sorry to those who did) was the bangs on Sanaya, leaving them out didn't quite give the feel of a village girl...but oh well! I won't complain as the rest of her look filled that void 

I also wanted to see more on the Thakur..they gave a little intro on him and showed a snippet of his back, which left me disappointed..I was looking forward to seeing him more in the episode..hope they make him more known in the next episode?!

I guess that's all the faults I could think of!!

But I think the entire episode overshadowed these minor faults..the awesomeness of the episode overdid the faults it showcased

The Ugly
The father and son lives revolve around this..the ugliness keeps reminding them of why their mother/wife left them

The bloodbath of villagers by BSD officers..leaving them frightened by the terror the BSD cause..utter hatred shown towards them

Murder of innocence (Paro's mother and father)..along with others on the bus 

The ending scene of Rudra and Paro which invloves Paro being surrounded by a ring of fire..for which Sanaya infused out excellent expressions..that scene was disturbing, questions buzz in mind..is that how much Rudra hates women?..or is there another purpose to it all?

All in all an mind-blowing first episode..exceeded expectations..filled with amazing creativity..left me hungry for more, can't wait to see what phase takes place next

Phew!..will stop there..sorry for the long rant, hope I didn't bore any of you x

Very nice take. Even I'm confused regarding how Rajistani accent should sound like 😆 I guess I need to watch more Rajistani related stuff.

The first episode was epic I enjoyed it, now waiting for the second episode to get more details of the story. Young Rudra without a doubt was the show stealer. Very talented child actor I'm really glad we got this episode about the characters past from the first episode itself.

Best scene from the episode is Paro & Rudra first meeting and Paro giving Rudra her doll after seeing him crying. I like how Rudra accepted the doll because it's foreshadowed in the future Rudra will accept Paro in his life.  
Originally posted by -Unknowndesire

Very nice take. Even I'm confused regarding how Rajistani accent should sound like 😆 I guess I need to watch more Rajistani related stuff.

The first episode was epic I enjoyed it, now waiting for the second episode to get more details of the story. Young Rudra without a doubt was the show stealer. Very talented child actor I'm really glad we got this episode about the characters past from the first episode itself.

Best scene from the episode is Paro & Rudra first meeting and Paro giving Rudra her doll after seeing him crying. I like how Rudra accepted the doll because it's foreshadowed in the future Rudra will accept Paro in his life.  

Thank you x

Same pinch..I have zilch idea as to how Rajisthanis speak nor do I understand any word of it..so can't comment on either lol

Oh I never caught on that..love the way you have depicted the last part..for sure Rudra will have that doll safely put somewhere..it connects them in many ways

I don't have any complain
This show is just TOOO good
Originally posted by Deedeepa1

I don't have any complain
This show is just TOOO good

The awesomeness of the episode overshadowed the faults..loved it too x
Nice Post
Definitely agree with Alz that the doll scene for me was the best and many meanings surround that

Although i thought the ending 'how can that be a dream' after seeing Sunaras post i definitely believe theres a high possibility of it
Originally posted by ayshaomar

Nice Post
Definitely agree with Alz that the doll scene for me was the best and many meanings surround that

Although i thought the ending 'how can that be a dream' after seeing Sunaras post i definitely believe theres a high possibility of it

Hey Ash 

Nice seeing you here ðŸ˜Š x

Looking at it the way Alz has stated, it sure shouts a ton of hidden meanings..it can be perceived into many things..can't wait to see what route it all takes..super excited 

It may well be a dream..because setting fire on the first meet without knowing the girl seems outrageous
I do not speak rajasthani,but I think I know how it's spoken.
It's same dialect as in Barjatya movies..HAHK,HSSH.
My many frds used to speak that dialect & I think Sanaya did just fine,
I didn't like butterfly  though..it looked pretty cheap.
Cheap means which you can order from amazon under 10 bucks
Other than butterfly ,I found everything very well executed.
And for ring of fire ,i think it has to be something more than hatred for women.
Couple of days ago Mr.prashant bhatt said in interview that "rudra has a dark shade but it's because of oath he has taken as BSF officer so he acts like this because in his mind it's his duty to protect the border".
So Rudra might have mistakenly thought about paro as a spy or someone who is putting his country in danger so that's why there is ring of fire.
The doll is going to be of special importance  in this lovestory ...the doll must have been put away by Rudra in a bank volt or somewhere safe...😉
I loved today's episode &looking forward for tomorrow's episode.
Edited by sonapari - 10 years ago
What to say u add it all.As per ur question why rudra was also left by his mother? Was he being of dusky.The potrayal of small rudra regd. the thought of why he was left,his angst was one of the best thing.
Nice analysis, I agree with some of your criticism, but as I connected with the emotions of the characters enacted beautifully by the actors, chose to ignore some practical details. Also, wondering if some of our doubts will be cleared in later episodes.