Rangrasiya

Bitter Childhood, Dark Ocean

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
First of all, loved the opening episode. Awesome work RR team! 

Rudra is actually the first dark character that makes complete sense. The trend of angry young man is quite common but I have not seen any character as justified as that of Rudra. The reasoning is always one isolated bitter past experience and the person turns bitter for the rest of his life until he meets the girl who transforms him. While it looks good onscreen, it is very illogical to me. Rudra, however, had one bitter experience and an extended bitter childhood to add to it. His mother abandons him and his father maintains a very mechanical relationship with his son. He faces isolation in school and probably in his community too.  To seal it, he is trained as an army officer in a very harsh environment  - I have heard real stories of the rigorous training, which kills the emotional side of a person,that happens in army camps.  Paro, on the other hand, had an extremely bitter experience as a child too. Nevertheless, she had a loving family to nurture her through her difficult times. Hence, Paro has grown up as a normal person despite that one bitter life experience. Like they say, time and a positive atmosphere heals every wound. Rudra had neither of these and hence he turned into something like a dark ocean. Although I usually find the snobbish and larger than life attitude of angry young man characters very annoying, I can sympathize with Rudra already. And this is what you call a well-developed character! 

Would appreciate your views too.
Edited by Oyster - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Agreed. The very fact that Rudra had nothing and nobody to fall back on , left completely vulnerable and fed with hatred against his mother and beautiful women , I can see just why Rudra is so ruthless. No sun means never ending winter. So, yeah , here's the ruthless Rudra for you , who may not even remember the last time someone spoke kindly to him. 

Emotional famine leaves you dry and lifeless. Rudra seems to have no reason to feel, as of now.
Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome post Sonia.

I agree with you, I love the fact how the show both characters childhood from the beginning especially Rudra past was well done, his character make perfect sense I feel so bad for him. Poor guy ๐Ÿ˜ญ I think Rudra is the only angry young man who character make perfect sense because we actually see what an awful childhood he had.

The Bus scene with Paro & Rudra as kids was Beautiful with the Rangrasiya theme song.   
-Emma.K- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 7
Loved your post, and can't help but agree.  The angry young man with a bitter past has become a very very common trend and like you, I didn't always understand it, however in Rudra's case it makes perfect sense to me.

As you mentioned, Paro had a heartbreaking childhood, but a proper environment filled with love and care made her outlook more positive towards life. Rudra on the other hand...did he have anything to fall back on? We don't know the entirety of his past however from the looks of it, there seems to be nothing but negativity - whether it's his father who feeds him with his idea regarding beautiful women, the attitude from his schoolmates, his teacher...and then joining the army must have made him plow all of that anger into his work, which will turn out to be a sole importance.

I'm loving all the discussion on the forum, it's great to see! But then, after such an impressive episode it is kind of expected๐Ÿ˜Š

Julie_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yes your correct here. This character make perfect sense now.
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sonya, hi! where have you been? How are you?
I loved the episode. This could be the very first angry young man I sympathize with all the time. And Nautanki really know how to start a show, don't they? I remember watching the first epi of Madhubala which was also quite good. but nothing can touch RR. Today's episode was so enthralling, I forgot this was a soap. The kids <3, love them. They were brilliant.
I got my sister to download it for me. Must watch again.
pakpearl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sanaya's back n so is my Soniya...
Well-said..
I've no other option..I arree..๐Ÿ˜Š
neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Just watched the episode - wow it was awesome and I agree with you about Rudra - I really felt the pain of the little Rudra - he couldn't even take the doll from Paro he was so used to no one caring about him - but somehow she understood him even in her own pain and gave him her doll - wow wow wow - their characters explained beautifully through the kids 
expectappu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with you completely. Usually these angry young anti-hero types are said to have bitter experiences in the past. But the past is revealed in parts and sometimes they forget about it completely. But, I liked how they have given us an understanding of the individual characters. This will make things easier to connect to. But, the constant references to Othello and this episode makes me feel Rudra is going to be more darker than any character we have seen yet. So, I hope everyone can hold on to this image for long, as I am sure they will be pushing us to extremes. Paro on the other hand is going to be an angelic version of a real girl in this story. So, Rudra and his grey shades will stand out more. For the first time I believe this show has a good story to say. I hope the TRPs don't force them to change their story or the pace in which they want to convey it to us much. Coz many shows start off strong, but then they lose their way mid-way. Keeping my fingers crossed for this Guns and Roses story of Rangrasiya!!!๐Ÿ˜Š
xMIC.Dropx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i can't help but agree with you completely
all the characters are justified in their own paces