Meet TVs new Army man:Ashish Sharma

Posted: 10 years ago

Meet TV's new Army man

Dec 29, 2013

Meet TV's new Army man
natasha coutinho
the asian age.
Ashish Sharma is very upbeat about making a comeback with Rang Rasiya on Colors. The promos have been on air for a while now and there are huge expectations from the show since it will air in the time slot of Bigg Boss. A pleased Ashish says, "I think that's an advantage because I'd expect that the Bigg Boss audience largely would watch our show. My friends and family are elated because the promo is eye-catching. The countdown has begun."
For Ashish, shooting in Rajasthan was a welcome change since that is also his home state. However, he did have to face a few challenges as well. He says, "Coming from Rajasthan, I knew the local language, so communication was easy. The weather used to be extremely cold in the morning and burning hot during the day. We were shooting in the desert and by the end of the schedule I was not keeping too well. But overall it was a memorable experience."
The actor, who is working with co-star Sanaya Irani for the first time, affectionately describes her as "completely mad". Ashish says, "We didn't know each other when we began shooting. I'm a reserved kind of person while she likes to talk a lot. She keeps saying that if we say 50 words a day, 40 of them would be hers." Ashish plays an Army man in the show and admits that he had to learn the nuances of an army man to perfect the role. He says, "I had to get the psyche of my character Rudra right. He has a certain angst on his face all the time. I had to adapt to his thought process. The army salute is different from the Navy and Air Force, which I had to perfect. I also learnt to walk like a soldier. I had to work on the character for a month before the actual shooting started."
The Rajasthan schedule is now over and the team is back in Mumbai, Ashish admits that he hasn't been able to spend enough time with wife Archana Taide of late. Incidentally, Archana's show Qubool Hai and Ashish's Rang Rasiya will be airing at the same time slot, just like Sanaya and her beau Mohit Sehgal who is also part of Qubool Hai. Ashish says with a smile, "Right now me and Archana are competing with each other and she ensures that I watch her show." Speaking more about his ladylove, Ashish reveals, "She is a romantic at heart. Once she planned a trip for us to Goa for which she took leave from my production house and I didn't even know about it. It was only at the last minute that I came to know that my leave was approved." Ashish continues, "Whenever I get some free time, I like to spend it at home, with my wife and our two pet dogs. Ours was not a typical love story. We started out as friends. The friendship became more intense over the years and then we decided to take the plunge."

http://www.asianage.com/tv/meet-tv-s-new-army-man-403

Edited by najmaa - 10 years ago
AWW my ARMY MAN...Love My Ashish Sharma😳😳😳

tfs dear😃
Super excited to see you as armyman.welcome back ashish. 
Originally posted by najmaa

Meet TV's new Army man

Dec 29, 2013

Meet TV's new Army man
natasha coutinho
the asian age.
Ashish Sharma is very upbeat about making a comeback with Rang Rasiya on Colors. The promos have been on air for a while now and there are huge expectations from the show since it will air in the time slot of Bigg Boss. A pleased Ashish says, "I think that's an advantage because I'd expect that the Bigg Boss audience largely would watch our show. My friends and family are elated because the promo is eye-catching. The countdown has begun."
For Ashish, shooting in Rajasthan was a welcome change since that is also his home state. However, he did have to face a few challenges as well. He says, "Coming from Rajasthan, I knew the local language, so communication was easy. The weather used to be extremely cold in the morning and burning hot during the day. We were shooting in the desert and by the end of the schedule I was not keeping too well. But overall it was a memorable experience."
The actor, who is working with co-star Sanaya Irani for the first time, affectionately describes her as "completely mad". Ashish says, "We didn't know each other when we began shooting. I'm a reserved kind of person while she likes to talk a lot. She keeps saying that if we say 50 words a day, 40 of them would be hers." Ashish plays an Army man in the show and admits that he had to learn the nuances of an army man to perfect the role. He says, "I had to get the psyche of my character Rudra right. He has a certain angst on his face all the time. I had to adapt to his thought process. The army salute is different from the Navy and Air Force, which I had to perfect. I also learnt to walk like a soldier. I had to work on the character for a month before the actual shooting started."
The Rajasthan schedule is now over and the team is back in Mumbai, Ashish admits that he hasn't been able to spend enough time with wife Archana Taide of late. Incidentally, Archana's show Qubool Hai and Ashish's Rang Rasiya will be airing at the same time slot, just like Sanaya and her beau Mohit Sehgal who is also part of Qubool Hai. Ashish says with a smile, "Right now me and Archana are competing with each other and she ensures that I watch her show." Speaking more about his ladylove, Ashish reveals, "She is a romantic at heart. Once she planned a trip for us to Goa for which she took leave from my production house and I didn't even know about it. It was only at the last minute that I came to know that my leave was approved." Ashish continues, "Whenever I get some free time, I like to spend it at home, with my wife and our two pet dogs. Ours was not a typical love story. We started out as friends. The friendship became more intense over the years and then we decided to take the plunge."

http://www.asianage.com/tv/meet-tv-s-new-army-man-403

Thanks a lot Najma.. Fastest with the news as usual..

Loved the interview..

@ red- That's definitely a good thing.. Even though the profile of audience watching BB differs from that of RR, a certain percentage will watch and be hooked.. 

@ pink😆😆😆 Affectionately calls her completely mad!! I'm loving this jodi more and more everyday.. Glad they get along so well.. She will turn himmad very soon too..

@blue- Appreciate his dedication to his job and the pain he takes to perfect it. The team of RR is indeed lucky to have 2 such professionals like San and Ashish..

Edited by Msfrootie - 10 years ago
he has such a beautifl and fab chmstry wd sanz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, w8ng 4 RR,,,,,,,,,,,,impatiently😛
waiting to watch Rangrasiya
Excited to watch.. Aww.. He calls sanny mad 😳 🤣
I absolutely love men in uniforms, and I'm sure he's gonna rock in it!!
waiting for their "Completely mad" offscreen segments

All the best Ashish
TFS
Nice article, Ashish sounds intelligent and very serious about his work.
Sanaya is 'completely mad' 😆