Tarun new IF article

Posted: 10 years ago

"I am quite positive about my character" - Tarun Khanna

Actor Tarun Khanna who was last seen playing Raavan in Life Ok's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, is all set to be come back with a negative role in Colors upcoming showRangrasiya...

The good looking and talented actor Tarun Khanna, who was recently seen playing Raavan in Life Ok's popular mytho series Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev, is all set to be seen in Nautanki Films' much awaited showRangrasiya on Colors. Tarun will be seen playing the main negative lead in the show. TellyBuzz spoke to Tarun to know more about his character and his experience shooting for the show.

Talking about his character, Tarun told TellyBuzz, "I am playing the character of Thakur Tejawat Singh in the show who is of royal blood. He belongs to the family of kings. He is a good guy and he loves his family members as well the people of his city but some unresolved issues with the government has made him turn negative. He is the main catalyst of the story who will take the story forward."

We asked Tarun as how has been your experience playing this character so far and he told us, "it's very challenging. I am speaking a mix of Hindi and Rajasthani languages. Speaking a mixed language becomes more difficult for one to speak. I have to take care of the fact that the regional flavor should remain in my language. Shooting with a moustache has now become like a regular thing for me. Just because my wife doesn't like me having a moustache, I don't keep one but otherwise I would have kept one."  

He further added, "I would love to play main lead characters but they are not coming my way. I was offered a big role in a big show recently for which I told them to wait for a period of 6-8 months but after someday I was told that the channel finds me too negative to play that character. Initially, I was rejected to play the character of Raavan too but later they found me suitable for it. After playing Raavan, I have got much appreciation. So, it's better to leave yourself in the hands of destiny. I really enjoyed playing Raavan and let's see how Rangrasiyawill go on now. I am quite positive about my character in the show and feel that people will like it."  

We asked Tarun about his feeling of becoming a father soon. An elated Tarun told us, "I am on cloud 9 these days and taking care of Smriti. I make sure that she takes her food on time. I ensure that she takes dry fruits and glasses of milk which I prepare for her. I keep ice-cream and chocolates and I take her to have pani puri daily. I take her for shopping always and make sure that she never feels that she is looking fat."  

We wish Tarun all the best for his new show

Edited by shonasandy - 10 years ago
Thanks Shona!! 
And finally I know our Landlordji's name!! Thakur Tejawat Singh!!

He doesnt seem as evil as I thought..πŸ˜‰

Tarun is becoming a father now?? What about all the reports of his 16-17 yr old son??πŸ˜•
Originally posted by Msfrootie

Thanks Shona!! 
And finally I know our Landlordji's name!! Thakur Tejawat Singh!!

He doesnt seem as evil as I thought..πŸ˜‰

Tarun is becoming a father now?? What about all the reports of his 16-17 yr old son??πŸ˜•
So now the Lala jodi can be renamedπŸ˜† how about TejalaπŸ˜†
I guess this is what  ST meant about all characters being grey...even the evil landlord isn't totally evil. I've only seen him for a bit as Ravan and he was good so I'm looking forward to seeing how he enacts the Thakur character. I'm loving this, if side characters are layered then that seems to be a good sign for Paro and Rudra.

I think he got remarried and the older son is from his first marriage. 
3 done Edited by bkamber - 10 years ago
Tfs

such a caring husband .. <     3
Aww so the Landlordji is not totally evil but not a goody-goody character either...looking forward to see how Tarun portrays the Thakur!
Nice!!

TTS is Royal, loves his family, nasty towards the government, hot to boot...what more can a story need. πŸ˜†
,,,,,,,,,,,bst of luck to him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, RREdited by ghala - 10 years ago
Tarun aka Tejawat was the first character of RR to be shown in the GPA
He's meant to be a regal/royal and love the outfit he is sporting πŸ˜³