VirMan TS: Silence. Just Silence.

Posted: 10 years ago

VirMan TS: Silence. Just Silence.

I can't handle this any longer. Why is life so unfair? Just hours ago we were having the time of our lives and now I am staring at the person who I can't seem to recognize as my best friend. The empty look I see in her eyes just kills me right now.

Is this really happening right now? Today was supposed to be a day of celebration, of happiness for her. She finally got accepted into her dream college. She finally got the chance to live her dreams. Spread her wings. Fly. Yet, even that got taken from her once again.

Looking up, if you really were up there, you wouldn't be doing this to her. I don't know why, even after everything you have taken away from her, how she still believes in you so strongly!? If you were up there, you wouldn't put her through this pain again. Hasn't she been through enough? What else do you want to take away from her? I refuse to lose to you! I lost once, and I refuse to let you take away my best friend too. I refuse to give up! You hear that, because no matter what you do, I won't let you win again. No. Not now. Not in the future. Not ever.

I can't bear the silence anymore. It's been hours.

Hours of silence.

Just silence.

The girl who can speak for hours, whose eyes express every emotion she is feeling straight, whose spirit can liven up anyone, who just embraces life with open arms is sitting here next to me in absolute silence.

Not a tear, not a word, not anything.

Ever since we have gotten to the hospital, all Manvi has been doing is sitting here in my arms, staring at a blank white wall, numbing her surroundings and blocking everyone off, something she has always done since a child when everything becomes too much for her to bear. I hate it. Although, she hates when anyone tries to take care of her, I know human contact is what she needs the most at a time like this, she will never admit to it, but if the least I can do is this, then I am willing to just hold her for the rest of my life and it still will not be enough.

After what seems like eternity, Manvi turns around and the raw pain in her eyes is worse than anything. In a tone, which I can't imagine is Manvi's; she says in a vulnerable, feeble voice, "He can't go, V! He can't leave me alone. He just can't!"

I try my best to console her, but how do you console a person who is on the verge of losing her father? And now that Manvi called me "V", I can't imagine what she is going through right now as since childhood Manvi has only called me by this name when she feels really scared or upset.

"Shhh...Angel, don't say things like that, all we can do right now is hope that uncle will be strong enough to make through this battle and come back to us. You can't lose hope now Manvi, not like this, what would happen to him, if uncle were to see you like this? I will always be with you, I am here for you, please don't close yourself off now. And mind you, you are never alone, even when you get all old and wrinkly, making you even uglier, I will still be here. After all, how can I survive without my entertainment package? My life will become so boring!"

A ghost of a smile appears on her face, yet I know she is putting it up for me.

"I am praying that nothing will happen to papa. He can't go. He just can't. Can't I be selfish for once and have someone that I love stay by me!? Or am I so unlucky that everyone I love gets taken away from me. First, it was Nanni, Bari Khala, then Mamma, and now it can't be him. It can't! And even now, you won't stop your charades by still calling me that stupid nickname! And mind you I am not anyone's entertainment package; do I look like a clown to you?"

"Oh Angel. No, it's not your fault. People enter our life all the time, some come into our lives and quickly go, but some stay for a while, leaving their footprints forever in on our hearts, leaving us never the same again. Angel, everyone comes and goes, it's a fact of life, and no matter how much it hurts we need to accept it, but you know one thing that no one, not even you can ever change."

"What?"

"The fact that once these people enter our hearts, they never leave since we continue to love them forever from our hearts even after they leave. And life is so unfair, but yet isn't this the same life from where we get our happiness, those little joys from. So, Manvi whatever happens today, just remember your parents will always be by you, just like Aunty watches over you from above, they will continue to love you and will only want you to live your life, accomplish your dreams and keep that strong faith in yourself."

"How can I? How do I keep hope, when there isn't much left for me to hope for? Everyone I love always leaves me. They all do. You probably will to, once you realize how unlucky and horrible I really am. You will go too."

"How dare you say that Manvi Chaudhry!? You're an amazing person. Have you ever freaking looked at yourself!? Your pure heart which only carries love and warmth for the people around you. Your beautiful eyes which show that sparkle when you're happy. Your strong spirit which makes me want to believe in things I have never believed in before. Your selfless nature which shows your innocence in wanting to help people. You inspire me. You inspire me every single day to believe in myself. So, how dare you say that you are an unlucky or horrible person!? I will never leave you understand! And even when you want me to, I still won't because akhir dosti ki hai nibhani toh padegi."

Immediately after I finish, I feel Manvi's arms around me, and she says in a soft voice, "Thanks Partner, your words really mean a lot to me. And Partner I want you to stay to..."

Our moment of peace was interrupted. "Manvi Chaudhry."

Manvi's head spiked up, "Yes, I'm Manvi. How is my dad doing? Please tell me is he okay!"

Looking at the solemn-looking doctor, a feel of dread comes over me, as by her expression I can't tell what will happen, but what I do know that her one answer can change everything forever.

Thanks for reading! πŸ€—
Do leave your comments/thoughts behind!πŸ˜ƒ
Will be posting up Part 2 based on your comments!😊

Edited by beauty14 - 10 years ago
You have portrayed Manvi's character very well here. It shows how she turned from a bubbly and exuberant to a low-spirited gal. Awww. V could cheer Manvi up finally! Poor Manvi. She suffered a lot, losing her relatives V loves Manvi sooo much, as a... I don't know yet lol. Doctorrr, how can u interrupt that embrace of V and Manci?!? Ok, I hope Manvi's father is ok. Lol. Please update soon. Can't wait to read more!Edited by .LiveLaughLove. - 10 years ago
hey nice start!!!
continue soon nd PM meπŸ˜‰
Hi, zanu.. I read it finaly.. 1st of all tell me wht is TS.. Abt ur story so i cn say a simple plot.. Manvi got admition in her dream collz.. Hr dad is in hospital n virat is consoling her.. So basicaly a simpal bt emotional concept.. Briliant writing.. I like it.. Bt dont u think its litle bit bore.. Sorry to say bt starting is lit bor bt progressing n emotion based dailougs is gud.. N m waiting for doc's words.. Plz give smthing positive.. U know naa i hate tears n rona dhona n all..Bt u write it suparbly
SRRY FOR BEING LATE DEAR...
FRST WISHING YOU NEW YEAR WD NEW HOPES AND NEW GOALS...
NOW ABT OT ...ITS FABULOUS...LOVED IT...
LOVE THE WAY YOU PORTRAYED MANVI' S CHARACTERS...
REALLY SHE IS REAL ANGEL...WHO TEACH LIFE' S REAL MEANING...
AWSM WRK...
LOVE THE BOND SHARE BY BOTH FRNDS...
V STANDS FOR...
EGRLY WAITING FOR NEXT UPDATE...
PLZZZ UPDATE SOON...
THANKS DEAR FOR SCRAP...
REALLY LOVE UR STORY AND ENJOYED IT...
KEEP ROCKING..
finally u'r back.i miss u'r writting.nice story.pm me whenever u update.
wow it was an awesome update
virat is very supportive and he cares for maanvi very much
poor maanvi
hope  everything will be alright for her and her dad will come back to her
plzzz do continue soonr😊😊

Edited by kusharberry - 10 years ago
Amazing update!! <3 This is really emotional and intense.. I hope V is Virat only ;).. Loved his each and every word.. The way he encouraged Manvi and described the true meaning of life and love is awesome.. Very well written.. Manvi is really innocent.. Feeling bad for her.. Hope her father will be alright.. Will be waiting for the next.. Take care :)
hey tis is interesting...
superb...
amazing...
thx fr the pm n do continue soon n do pm me...