Salman Khan is my guarding angel, says VJ Andy

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Salman Khan is my guarding angel, says VJ Andy

VJ Andy, the latest contestant to be ousted from the 'Bigg Boss' house, says it is because of the host, Bollywood superstar Salman Khan that he managed to make it to the top five.

The 33-year-old stylist, whose real name is Anand Vijay Kumar, said Salman's encouraging words for him made his stint in the controversial reality show easy.

"Salman is my guarding angel. He helped me sail through my stay in the house. Whenever I would feel low, he would come on Saturdays and lift my spirit. He was the one person who made my stay very easy. If it was not for him, I would not have made it to the top five in the show," Andy told PTI.

Andy, who has styled songs in films like 'Tashan' and 'Bachna Ae Haseeno', was eliminated from the show after spending 100 days just three days before the grand finale. But he says he has no regrets of being evicted so near to the culmination of the show.
"I don't mind getting eliminated just days before the finale. For me getting to the top five is a great achievement in itself. It was a great journey for me. It was unpredictable, crazy and happy. I am taking away good friends from the show like Shilpa (Agnihotri), Tanisha (Mukherjee), Elli (Avram) and Sangram (Singh). I have also learnt the meaning of self-worth," Andy said.

The VJ, who was born in the UK, wants Tanisha to win the show as she is the most balanced person in the house and despite so much of pressure, she managed to maintain her sanity till the end.

"If not me then it has to be Tanisha. She has been the most consistent person in the house from day one. People have said so many things about her, ganged up against her but she never lost her sanity. Tanisha has worked very hard to be in the house," Andy said.
Andy has previously hosted shows like 'Get Gorgeous', 'Dare to Date', 'Beauty and the Geek' and won a cooking based reality show 'Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi ki'. When asked what will be his next move post 'Bigg Boss', Andy said, "I want to do all kinds of things- be it films or TV. I want to have my own talk-show or a dating show. I would also love to go back and do theatre in London."

The final four contestants of the show now include Gauhar Khan, Ajaz Khan, Sangram, and Tanisha. The grand finale will be aired this Sunday.
Edited by ScorpionGunner - 10 years ago