SRK To Shoot 'Raees' In Ahmedabad Pols; Rahul Dholakia Shares Details

Posted: 10 years ago

The superstar, who will don the role of a bootlegger in Raees, will be in the walled city for over a week next year along with Farhan Akhtar, who plays a cop

After Big B, it is now Shah Rukh Khan's turn to visit Amdavadi pols. King Khan will star in national award-winning director Rahul Dholakia's next Bollywood venture Raees, that deals with the liquor business in Ahmedabad despite the prohibition rule.

The action-packed movie is set primarily in Ahmedabad and South Gujarat with SRK playing a bootlegger and Farhan Akhtar, a cop. It is scheduled to go on floors by mid-2014, said Dholakia who is scouting for the right locales in the city. "I have planned a majority of the scenes in Manek Chowk, a few pols in and around Bhadra fort.

The walled city looks stunningly superb on camera. Some parts of the movie will be shot in areas near south Gujarat. The shoot will be wrapped up within a month and the team will be in Ahmedabad next June for over a week.

I have been visiting Ahmedabad often for the past few years, first for story writing and now for choosing the right spots for the shoot," said Dholakia. "The story has been written by journalists Harit Mehta and Ashish Vashi after a detailed research on the issue for over a decade," added Dholakia. Dholakia, Mehta and Vashi gave about two-and-a-half years to script this film. "We scripted this film over weekend drives. The productivity peaked when we discussed the story and its dialogue while on long drive. We have visited south Gujarat, villages on the border of Gujarat and Mount Abu, Rajasthan."

"The story of Raees was born out of several such long drives that three of us took together within span of over a two-and-a-half years," said Dholakia.

And what makes Dholakia think that prohibition, and its politics and economics - an element which is peculiarly linked with Gujarat alone - will interest others? "It has interested top brass of Bollywood including Shah Rukh, Farhan Akhtar and the best team of technicians. It is a query that is on top of the mind of each visitor planning to visit the state. The strength of the film is its story. It is perhaps the first movie focussing a Gujarati family, is shot in Ahmedabad and written by three Amdavadi writers on a local issue," he said.

According to sources, Shah Rukh Khan may clash with Salman Khan in the year 2015. Shah Rukh's Raees and Salman's yet untitled Being Human production directed by Kabir Khan are expected to release on Eid 2015.

Edited by qazplm - 10 years ago
This is going to be one hell of a movie...Love SRK❤️ and Farhan
My most awaited movie ❤️ Edited by hardyboy09 - 10 years ago
Sounds really  interesting, best of luck SRK jee  and Farhan Akthar
I am not sure about Fan and HNY if you are talking about  critical appreciation,  but this sure looks a winner. 

This movie might be the movie where  we see SRK THE actor, rather than superstar ..HMM

I'm getting a little too excited for this movie.🤪 Wish this would come sooner than Fan.
this movie sounds so interesting...finally a SRK movie that I am awaiting after ages...😳
The strength of the film is its story.

^^ Itni khushi mujhe aaj tak nahi hui. 😭😭😆
My SRK is doing a good film again after Don 2. Virtual hugs to him.🤗
Edited by Humsafar. - 10 years ago
Oh Gosh! The script sounds really gripping and intriguing. This will probably be the most awaited movie of the year. Farhan and SRK ❤️ 
I don't wanna get excited for this movie but I really can't help it. I hope SRK won't disappoint me. & The fact that script is the strength of this movie makes me so happy!
Originally posted by hardyboy09

My most awaited movie ❤️

Mine too! I'm really excited for a SRK movie after a long time