SRK To Shoot 'Raees' In Ahmedabad Pols; Rahul Dholakia Shares Details - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
So there is no female lead in the film?
Originally posted by -Desire-

So there is no female lead in the film?

I hope not. I'm actually excited for SRK and Farhan's good cop bad criminal bromance over any romance πŸ˜†

-Edited
Typo
Edited by HappyMelody - 10 years ago
My most awaited movie of 2015...if its anything half as good as the director claims the story is,we are in for a real treat!

More than srk,i trust farhan's choice...and rahul dholakia is one talnted director soπŸ₯³
Oh Dholakia said SRK's character has 50 ShadesπŸ˜‰..I am more excited now..😳 Edited by Debarati7 - 10 years ago

SRK turns gangster

The actor will be seen in a gangster avatar after a long time
More on: Filmfare, Shah Rukh Khan

WRITTEN BY
Filmfare
Written By Filmfare
Editorial
Posted Thu, Dec 26, 2013
RATE STORY
Rated
Rate
SHARE THIS STORY
SRK turns gangster

We recently told you that SRK will be working with director Rahul Dholakia on a film. Now we have more details. Dholakia's film is about two rival gangsters set in the badlands. And SRK will be playing one of them. The other lead for the film hasn't been finalised yet. Here's another interesting bit of trivia on the film. Dholakia had first taken this script to Ekta Kapoor, who didn't show much interest in it, as she was busy with her own gangster flick Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara.

I really hope they pick another seasoned performer for the other gangster ala Irrfan khan or a manoj bajpayee...On the holy love of god,this project is sounding really excitingπŸ˜ƒ..an action period drama!πŸ‘

Edited by LavaLips___ - 10 years ago
Good to know SRK finally signed a movie that has the content as its USP!

But I have no hopes from Excel. They're totally overrated. They first throw around big words about a film but eventually the film turns out to be slow paced, boring, dull trash. Their only strength are those so called youth films on male bonding.

No idea why SRK has disease of sticking to particular people! Excel barely knows pulse of audience. They may "get" good reviews but people at large are not likely to list their films if asked about quality even (except DCH).
Sounds interesting. Heres some background for the story.
Liquour is banned in Guajarat.. officially. But its been consumed more in Gujarat per capita that other states. The thing is if they wanna buy quality liquor, they have to pay 3-4 times more than other states.. The liquor is smuggled into Gujarat from Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Daman. Cops and poiticians know all abt it.. but they get huge share to look away.. and as corrupt as they r.. they do. For NRIs like myself.. I can show my passport and get the due quota of liquor legally and quality stuff. I used to it for my frnds. coz I dont like Indian beers.. it makes sick.

Whilst upper middle calss and rich ppl can easily afford black market hiked prices.. the lower class.. once get addicted to alcohol.. goes for cheap home made alcoholic stuff called "lattha" or "potli". That shit is so devastating.. its gives u cirrossiz of liver.. and u die painful slow death. Some of the "lattha- kand " have actually killed many ppl in matter of hours.. coz the mix was poisonous. They add Navsar to make it more potent.. 

If the ban of liquor is lifted, it will give Gujarat a whole new industry where many ppl can be employed and qulaity liquor can be sold. But the amount of money the police and politicinas get.. they will never even let it happen. 

The word bootlegger is from Angrez raaj in India. There r so many of them all over Gujarat. When media expose the location where liqour is sold freely.. police make a fake raids.. the bootleegers already know its gonna happen. They change the location. All u have to do is.. just park ur bike or car and wait.. some boy will come and ask U.. "peena hai.. kitna chhiye" .. he will bring the stock. Once the things calms down.. its business as usual. 

Ppl from Gujarat goes to Daman (its a small beach town .. governed by Central gvnmnt. Liquor is legal and to Mt Abu.. or Rajasthan for that matter, Or to Mumbai.. and they drink like fish.. πŸ˜†

Gujarat is a wealthy state and this prohibition of alcohol made so many corrpt ppl mighyt rich. 

So, thats the background. I hope the film does bring this issue on forefront. PPL r dying coz of cheap home made alcohol n mix.. others r paying 4 times more and corrupt beuracrates r laghing their way to banks. 

All the best to the film. Finally an srk movie that i will watch in theatre πŸ˜†

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by AllBlacks1

Sounds interesting. Heres some background for the story.
Liquour is banned in Guajarat.. officially. But its been consumed more in Gujarat per capita that other states. The thing is if they wanna buy quality liquor, they have to pay 3-4 times more than other states.. The liquor is smuggled into Gujarat from Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Daman. Cops and poiticians know all abt it.. but they get huge share to look away.. and as corrupt as they r.. they do. For NRIs like myself.. I can show my passport and get the due quota of liquor legally and quality stuff. I used to it for my frnds. coz I dont like Indian beers.. it makes sick.

Whilst upper middle calss and rich ppl can easily afford black market hiked prices.. the lower class.. once get addicted to alcohol.. goes for cheap home made alcoholic stuff called "lattha" or "potli". That shit is so devastating.. its gives u cirrossiz of liver.. and u die painful slow death. Some of the "lattha- kand " have actually killed many ppl in matter of hours.. coz the mix was poisonous. They add Navsar to make it more potent.. 

If the ban of liquor is lifted, it will give Gujarat a whole new industry where many ppl can be employed and qulaity liquor can be sold. But the amount of money the police and politicinas get.. they will never even let it happen. 

The word bootlegger is from Angrez raaj in India. There r so many of them all over Gujarat. When media expose the location where liqour is sold freely.. police make a fake raids.. the bootleegers already know its gonna happen. They change the location. All u have to do is.. just park ur bike or car and wait.. some boy will come and ask U.. "peena hai.. kitna chhiye" .. he will bring the stock. Once the things calms down.. its business as usual. 

Ppl from Gujarat goes to Daman (its a small beach town .. governed by Central gvnmnt. Liquor is legal and to Mt Abu.. or Rajasthan for that matter, Or to Mumbai.. and they drink like fish.. πŸ˜†

Gujarat is a wealthy state and this prohibition of alcohol made so many corrpt ppl mighyt rich. 

So, thats the background. I hope the film does bring this issue on forefront. PPL r dying coz of cheap home made alcohol n mix.. others r paying 4 times more and corrupt beuracrates r laghing their way to banks. 

All the best to the film. Finally an srk movie that i will watch in theatre πŸ˜†

This is pretty damn interesting.
I'm really excited for Raees.. πŸ₯³ Well I'm always excited for any SRK movie πŸ˜†
SRK-Farhan combo sounds really great! 😎

<33