How to make simple masala dosa

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey I like dosa recipes with new variation.But anybody tell me simple  masala dosa recipe-zeekhanakhazana by your way..
  1. Grind the idli rava to fine powder.
  2. Also, grind the udad dal to a fine powder.
  3. Now, Mix the rice flour, idli rava powder, and udad dal powder. Add little salt. Your dry dosa mix is now ready.
  4. Gradually, add water to make a smooth thick paste without lumps.
  5. Stir the batter thoroughly for about 5 minutes to incorporate air into it.
  6. If left overnight, the batter will ferment and rise in volume.
  7. Keep the batter alongside, now, allocate time to prepare masala.
  8. Boil the potatoes and peel them. Mash them.
  9. Finely chop the onions, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, and curry leaves.
  10. Heat the oil in a frying pan (kadhai). Add the mustard seeds, udad dal, chana dal, and dry red chilly. Allow the mustard seeds to splutter and the dals to turn slightly brown.
  11. Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder and mix well.
  12. Now, the mashed potato can be added. Also, add the salt. Stir well and cook covered. Cook on low heat and stir at regular intervals.
  13. Mix the masala well so the flavors and yellow color blend. Turn off the heat after 2-3minutes.
  14. Add the chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well. The masala is ready.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on your final step,
making of dosa :
  1. Heat tava. Grease the tava with a few drops of oil.
  2. When the tava is hot, turn the heat to low-medium. Spread the batter in circular motion to form the dosa (medium layer).
  3. Grease both sides of the dosa with a few drops of oil as required and cook for a couple of minutes on each side while turning over. The dosa is ready when nicely browned on both sides.
  4. Turn over again and place 2 tablespoons of the prepared masala and spread on one half of the dosa. Cover with the other half and take off the tava.
  5. The dosas is ready to be served. You can serve it with counut chutney or sambhar.👍🏼
Edited by alankarp - 10 years ago
Thanks for your post... I'll definetly try to make masala dosha. Having masala dosha with egg and stir fried grains. Ahh awesome,,, so much delicious.. I found this recipe ffrom LuLu Good Life website.
Thanks for sharing recipy of delicious masala dosa. :)
sorry i cant help because i too don't know but through your post i too will get to know.
Hi
Iam new to this forums.
I am from from andhra.so I want to tell u the recp of masala dosa.
Can I post the reciepe?