Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
if i say no then that would be hypocrytical b/c i cam here searching 4 ymlh. but yea i dont thint indian telly is worth wasting time 4. of the 3 types of telly i watch(indian paki n american) indian is the worse. the stories are pointless andhave no track. the writers promose something and twist the show until it becomes a whole new show. the message they give are usually immoral(esp with ekta shows) and there are many character changes.the shows are very very very long. they go on for years w/o a definite storyline. theres always some type of saazish or rona dhona etc. honestlt, indian telly can never compare 2 bollywood. and it is the opposite 4 paki tv. cuz paki dramas 4 gr8 but their movies rnt as good(i havent seen ne paki movies but thats wat ive heard) seriously indian telly needs 2 fix itself up a bit and gain or atleast hold on it itz viewers. but theres thtis addictive sense 2 it where i can sit and critisize it all i want but then the show is about to start i automaticallly turn it on......lolz 
heyher87 thumbnail
indian shows start with a great storyline but then gradually the fall in pit that leads to another twist and another which is kind of gay
Safiyah thumbnail
Not really. Being a Canadian, I'm more into Hollywood stuff. But at one point Bollywood fasc. me & dat was the time when i got into Indian moviez & soapz. And I found'em ALL SAME. U can predict, wut'll happ. next. Now i only watch Kaisa yeh pyar hai. I really hope they dun change it, coz after a while indian soapz get boring. I like watching Indian moviez...but again NOT all but few.  Indian folkz make GREAT LOVE STORIEZ but suck big time when it cumz to Action, Horror, or Comedy.
ivan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

not if it is turning u into a couch potato

pj04 thumbnail
not unless your idea of entertainment is watching twisted human psyche at its worst
*Meg_d* thumbnail
Well not really, we get alot of knowledge about our culture in India, living in london i didnt know too much about my culture but starting to watch indian television i got a lot knowledge to how things are done.
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I would be lying if I said no because I too came here searching for Astitva and till today waste my net time downloading illogical serials like Jassi.....

But still, I do think being an Indian I automatically get attracted to India storylines, no matter how absurd, mainly becuase I am not able to associate with the American themes. I have tried following a few of them and inspite of being in tune with their culture, sense and sensibilities, when it comes to being hooked, it has to be Inidan serials.

But frankly, if given a choice, I would definitely not watch the current crop of serials on TV. Give me a Mahayagya, Chunauti, and real life shows like Bhanwar any day. In mythos, there has been no match to the classic Mahabhrata. Yes, Indian tv has definitely see beter days.

buli123 thumbnail
Hey there should be a choice is television of any origin worth watching ? Well if you include soaps & dramas they eventually become a headache but otherwise it is great . CHEERS FOLKS.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
kaki35 thumbnail
i think that as annoying the indain soaps may get u still feel the need to watch them b/c make u want to know whats going to happen next and if ur prediction of what will happen next is going to come true. i also think that me living in america wouldn't have known much about the indian culture as much as i do if the indian soaps werent there. yes there are times when i do skip some episodes but i still return to them to find out what has happened cause u cant stay away for too long๐Ÿ˜Š