Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minchiperl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Dear Vijay,

If barun sobti has the highest number of fans, how come view points are half from the first place?
By saying more active fans are there for the first position wont give the answer for this question, because we can argue that then the biggest fan club has the most active fans.

Therefore, could you please take an example, or if possible this week ranking scores and could you please elaborate it more and explain it ?

thanks a lot for your attention,
Regards.
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Dear Vijay,

So fan points are calculated based only on total number of fans and not on fans who login to the site that week?

so, if you look at this weeks ranking, Sanaya(#1) has less fan points than Gurmeet(#3), but she has more number of fans than Gurmeet.
And if you take the fan ratio between Barun & Sanaya it is 10427 & 9614-Sanaya fans are 92% of Barun fans
If you assign 500 to BS, then Sanaya should get 460 fan points as per the ratio, but she has only 402.

How is it possible?

Do fan acitivity in Chat clubs & other forums count towards fan points?
Edited by SanayaIsBest - 10 years ago
vijay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .shinchan.

Vijay bro

here u urself said If a celeb has more comments n active fans..toh celeb will hv more views also

Now Barun has max points fr fans n comments..then why his views are almost half of the maximim??😲

Thanks VB for FAQ thread

Well as I said they are not directly linked so not necessary that if someone has more fans the views points also be as high compared to other celebrity who has less fans but may have more views. The "obvious" that I meant here was that if a celebrity has more fans and they are active they will be commenting and to do that they need to the view the page first which adds to the views.
.shinchan. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: vijay

Well as I said they are not directly linked so not necessary that if someone has more fans the views points also be as high compared to other celebrity who has less fans but may have more views. The "obvious" that I meant here was that if a celebrity has more fans and they are active they will be commenting and to do that they need to the view the page first which adds to the views.

Vijay bro,
i can understand this but view points r almost half
370 only 🤔
how the one getting max comments n has max fans can have such big drop
vijay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SanayaIsBest

Dear Vijay,

So fan points are calculated based only on total number of fans and not on fans who login to the site that week?

so, if you look at this weeks ranking, Sanaya(#1) has less fan points than Gurmeet(#3), but she has more number of fans than Gurmeet.
And if you take the fan ratio between Barun & Sanaya it is 10427 & 9614-Sanaya fans are 92% of Barun fans
If you assign 500 to BS, then Sanaya should get 460 fan points as per the ratio, but she has only 402.

How is it possible?

Do fan acitivity in Chat clubs & other forums count towards fan points?

Good Question.

Well I have answered that under MID and will update the main post answering this specifically. We only count the active "Fans" and not the dormant ones. 

By "Active" fans we mean the members who are fans who have visited the site in the last 7 days and not the inactive ones who joined the fan club 2 months back just to increase the fan back but never checked the site again. This was done to keep a check fans from creating MIDs just to join fanclubs and to game the ranking.
DushtKanya thumbnail

Are views on buzzes counted as view points each week?
Guzara_Waqt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Dear VB

As you said you count everything according to fans weightage then how could Karan Mehra's 48 active Fans made 287 comments without any article and if it possible then all four top celeb should higher comments.

PS : Karan Mehra fans plz dont get offend i am asking in general😆
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Good Question.

Well I have answered that under MID and will update the main post answering this specifically. We only count the active "Fans" and not the dormant ones. 

By "Active" fans we mean the members who are fans who have visited the site in the last 7 days and not the inactive ones who joined the fan club 2 months back just to increase the fan back but never checked the site again.This was dne to keep a heck fans from creating MIDs just to join fanclubs and to game the ranking.

Thanks a lot, makes sense now.
Appreciate you answering and clarifying.
Edited by SanayaIsBest - 10 years ago
vijay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .shinchan.

Vijay bro,
i can understand this but view points r almost half
370 only 🤔
how the one getting max comments n has max fans can have such big drop

There could be various reasons for that:

a) More unique views on different pages came for that celebrity. 

b) Fans of the other celebrity worked very hard on that that they raised the max views much higher.

c) More search hits on that celebrity pages and images.