Ball tampering charges - Your views - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago
If there is no proof apart from the ball swinging too much, then you could get Tendulkar for bat tampering for batting too well, Warne for spinning it too much, Lee for bowling it too fast...

I don't really follow cricket and I'm not very informed of the rules..........but from where I'm standing, the umpire's decision seems to be totally wrong!

Apparently there was no evidence of the ball being scratched and the umpire decided the punishment or whatever against Pakistani himself, without consulting others!

So shuldn't there be an investigation on why he did that?!..........Isn't there some sort of rule which is against this?!😕

Like I said before, I'm not to sure about the rules of cricket, but this definetly seems to be case of discrimination, or atleast favouritism!

Pakistan could have easily won But they took Right Decision of walking out.
Hair didnt Even had any proof none of the 24 or 25 cameras of the Sky television caught anything.

Inzi & team took the Right Decision.

you know my blood is boiling soo much, im a britsh pakistani, and i love cricket esp ma paki team!!

i watchd da match infact recorded it wen dey kept repeatin it.

i jus cant believe they accused pak of cheatin wiv no proof what soo ever. common in this day and age the media catches it all aint it funny how 26 damn cameraz didnt catch no ball temperin and this asshole darrell hair comes up with sum utter bullshit

n its not just with pakistan happened with india sri lanka and west indies too, he sounds soo bloody racist..

yar pakistan team did kasam dat they didnt temper with the ball takin oath is a big thing in my religion, i believe them 100%. i respect inzi and i hope inshALLAH he is nt banned but dat umpire surely deserves beatz!!

* plz excuse my foul language  

Edited by haish05 - 17 years ago

It was unfair on the Pakistan team to be accused of changing the ball when there was no evidence what-so-ever that they did it. They had every right not to come out afterwards - it was really unfair.

(i hope it wasnt because of race)
i think that watever Hair did was wrong, regardless of him being the umpire of the game.... u cant accuse any one of doing such an act without proof.... and he did not point to any 1 player 4 ball tempering .. he did not suspect one player 4 doing this act or cheating but he called the whole pakistani team a cheat.... i mean cum on, wat is that supposed to mean.......11 players can not be blamed just like that, and that too widout any solid proof.... not one camera had any such evidence of ball tempering!!!!!!!!!! pakistan was going to win anyways but this was not a matter of winning or losing, and pakistan did not care at that time about winning... but they really cared about their nation's honour........ so i respect inzamam's decision and feel that hair accused the pakistanis of doing sumthing that they did not do, and on top of that he has no solid proof of anything!!!!!!! i'm a pakistani & a big fan of the pakistani team and feel that the pak team shud stay strong like they r right now, cuz wen they did nothing wrong they shud have no worries!
First of all you need evidence to prove something.

N he just blamed Pak n dat was not fair.