Battling Insecurity|| Two Shot (PART TWO pg2-- COMPLETE)

Posted: 10 years ago

So. This is a weird two shot. I'm just bored. LOL. 

It's supposed to focus on the rocky relationship a husband and wife face after marriage. No marriage is perfect, and I am sure even our dearest ArHi are not an exception to that. 

If you like my writing, you can check out my writing index to read more of my FFs, SSs and OSs. Please remember, a comment and a like puts a smile on my face. They are always so deeply appreciated. I shall update part II soonish. :) 

Aamir18's Writing Index

Thank you, 

Zee <3

Battling Insecurity

Part One

Khushi gasped as the familiar, but forgotten, pair of arms wrapped cleanly around her waist, an urgent pair of lips brushing against the birthmark hidden behind the lobe of her ear. Arnav remembered how he had discovered it on their first night after their wedding... It seemed like another lifetime. He had told her that it resembled the shape of a small bird in flight, and Khushi had flushed at the innocent and romantic banter. He had chuckled at her blushing and had lightly kissed away the pout she had made on confessing it to look like a dirty and marring splotch.  

Six years had passed since then. 

Six years. 

Arnav's business had attained the greatest heights of success, demanding more and more of the time he allotted for his family and his personal commitments. Khushi, on the other hand, had birthed the most delicate and beautiful child. Two year old Radha kept her mother completely occupied and busy, from drawing the most "exquisite" (as Arnav called it) art on the walls of Shantivan to throwing her lunch at Hari Prakash and clapping when her food hit its scowling target. It was only when Arnav returned home that Khushi would get an hour to shower, relax and change, handing over the responsibility of their daughter to her husband. 

Arnav would coo over Radha as a little girl would a porcelain doll. He would shower her with kisses till she started smacking him, would take a thousand pictures to capture the memories of the first time she said "orange" or the first booger she picked and would recite every fairytale she demanded. But alas, Khushi would emerge from the bathroom and he'd sadly pass his bundle of joy back to her, returning to the laptop that held the never ending emails and office notifications. 

Khushi and Arnav had not been intimate since the birth of Radha. Time had not allowed them. Every time Arnav would gather a blushing Khushi into his arms, a phone call from Aman or Radha's cries demanding her feeding would disturb them. Yes, there were stolen kisses here and there, but the nights of satisfaction and the comfort of flesh against flesh had vanished. Arnav had felt the growing distance between him and Khushi threatening their marital relationship. Showering together, falling asleep together, eating together, the stolen glances and the deepening blushes... they were no longer present in their day to day interactions. And even now, as he held her tightly against his body, he felt her stiffen against him. 

As if he were an intrusion. 

"Arnav Ji. What are you doing?"

Everything felt wrong. Him and her felt wrong. He felt dread course through his veins as the conclusion hit him. Arnav released Khushi from his hold and stepped back. The space would need to be diminished gradually, before it was too wide to close forever. He shook his head with a pasted smile and kissed her quickly on the cheek, leaving Khushi confused and baffled as she watched him slump upstairs to his bedroom. 

As she set Radha in her crib for the night, Khushi realized that she had not noticed Arnav all day, since their absurd encounter in the kitchen. It was nearing 11:45 PM, and he had not even shown up for dinner, texting her that he was busy with other plans. 

Other plans. 

She tried to shut out the image of the long legged models her husband would surround himself with all day. Beautiful, sexy and young. Khushi lifted her nightgown hesitantly and stared at her reflection in their mirror. Khushi was not blessed with the most pliant skin, and Radha's birth had left her with stretch marks all around her stomach and legs. Her hips had flared, her stomach had fattened and her small breasts had gotten significantly and embarrassingly larger. At first, Khushi had not cared about the changes in her body, as Radha had been the blessing she had received in compromise. But as she watched the fashion shows blaring on the television sets of Shantivan, she could not help but notice how ideal the models with the perfect figures looked alongside her beautiful husband. 

Khushi sighed as she heard a knock on the door, and she hastily fixed the nightgown back into its proper position. She opened the latch and her eyes widened as her mouth dropped. There stood her husband. Arnav Singh Raizada. Dressed in khakis and a sweater of her favorite yellow, holding roses in one hand and extending the other towards her in invitation. 
Edited by aamir18 - 10 years ago
Nice OS! Waiting for the 2nd partπŸ˜ƒ
I loved the start...
Can't wait for you to continue!!

very nice...
waiting for the second part...
Awww cute Poor Khushi.
Do continue soon please 😳

Okay. So this ended up sucking. I'm really sorry, in advance. Thank you for reading though. I am attaching the link to my index, regardless. 

Aamir18's Writing Index

Thank you, 

Zee <3

Battling Insecurity

Part Two

"Arnav ji? What are you doing?"

He stood up and took her hand gently in his own, placing a light kiss on her open palm. 

"Baby. I've really... really missed you. I want to take you out tonight"

Khushi felt her heart bloom with the love she forgot existed within her. There stood her caring husband, smirking his signature smile, his eyes shining in the glory of his prior mischief. She noticed the traces of grey now speckled in his dark brown hair, the wrinkles that crinkled at the corner of his eyes. Arnav had aged, she had realized. But oh, how devilishly handsome he appeared. Her hands itched to touch him... something they had not been motivated to do in months. But still, she hesitated.

"But Arnav... the kids?"

"Khushi. You and I both know, they will be absolutely fine."

What was this excitement that coursed through her veins? This peculiar sentiment? Her heart galloped as she nodded and retreated back to her room, whispering she'll be ready soon. A night with her husband seemed to be a strange concept of the ancient past. Memories of his arms around her, the sweat on his body, the crumpled bedsheets... they all seemed faded and obsolete. She opened her cupboard, a collection of saris and suits, dupattas and lingerie that had accumulated through the years of married life. She reached for the usual... the white, cotton bra and panties, the pale yellow chudidar, but stopped suddenly. Today, she felt different. She felt alive and dangerously beautiful. Sexy. And before better judgement would entrap her, she reached for the attire hidden in the depths of her bottom, restricted drawers. Welcome anxiety encompassed her as she fingered the red lace panties that she had disowned after the birth of Radha. Now where was that matching bra? Perhaps she'd still fit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav stirred as the scent filled the room. Scent of the past. A more colorful past. The smell of cloves and cinnamon. Cardamom. Khushi had stopped wearing this perfume months ago, and had adopted a more delicate, floral scent instead. But the incense of their passionate moments of the past clouded Arnav in the desire of his newly wed self. He turned, and the air was knocked out of his lungs. 

There she stood. An angelic beauty. His eyes trained over her body-- the fuller hips, the larger breasts. The baggy suits and chudidars had hidden these uncanny changes. The mauve material of the sari clung to her every curve. Her hair was released from it's tight chignon and lay cascading down her back. Her wide, hazel eyes lined in the black she never sported. Epitome of freedom. Khushi had never looked so beautiful. 

"I know. It looks so stupid. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll go change"

He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her towards himself, the feel of her soft frame against his hard one arousing him. He whispered huskily into her ear, "you look ethereal", before he kissed her birthmark gently, but purposefully. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner had been soothingly cathartic. To talk to his wife over the hectic developments of his life had brought him peace. To hear her stories of the children and the family had brought him happiness. But most of all, they are reveled in each other's abandoned company. Khushi's face shining in the lure of the candlelight had awakened every dormant desire, and he wanted nothing more than to spend the night in her embrace. 

So when they returned to their bedroom for the night, Arnav locked the door and turned to kiss his wife. And she responded. Passionately. Skin found the pleasure of intimate contact, long forgotten and buried. The room echoed with the scandalous sounds of pants and moans... muttered into their seclusion and privacy. As he disposed of his sweater, revealing his toned skin and muscular frame, she became suddenly conscious. 

"Stop Arnav. You don't want to do this"

Arnav gaped at her as if she had spoken nonsensical gibberish, angry at the inconvenience of her interruption. "Khushi, I can assure you there is nothing I want more. I know it's been a whi--" 

"Look at me. I'm not the same Khushi" He watched as she traced the long marks around her hips and stomach, stretched with Radha's pregnancy. She gestured to the clasps of her blouse, tightened at the third hook instead of the first. "I'm not beautiful, Arnav" And he could not help but chuckle. In fact, he laughed wholeheartedly. "Khushi. These are the signs of Radha, darling. Our love and togetherness. You have never looked so breathtakingly beautiful. Because you are mine... in every sense." He traced the faint scars along her skin, and pulled her in for another kiss. As he captured her lips in his own and fingered the clasps of her blouse, she finally fell at ease with herself. With them. She was his. In every way. She believed his every word. 

And that night, as they made long repressed love, their life resonated with a unspoken promise. A promise to retain the sanctity of their relationship. To thrive in love again.  

Edited by aamir18 - 10 years ago
wow...that is how it should be...an understanding and caring , loving husband

Beautiful TS πŸ˜Š

Arnav is a lovely and caring husband πŸ˜ƒ

Loved it 
Absolutely! It's important to communicate in a wedding, and every marriage goes through its share of ups and downs in this aspect. πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by ranogill

wow...that is how it should be...an understanding and caring , loving husband