Qubool Hai

QH OS Contest : RESULTS!

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome!

It has been so much fun conducting this OS contest because I received an opportunity to read so many wonderful stories and versions of the same characters we see everyday. Every single OS here had something unique about it and accordingly the judges have scored them.

Since I had revealed the identity of the writers at the very beginning I have decided to disregard the scores in the main judging, although I have added a special award for the Most Popular OS in this contest.

We had two judges, our very own -RD- and MisHumptyDumpty. And turns out they have something to say to all the contestants too :

"Manjari PMed me and requested me to be the judge, in the most polite manner, making the hour go into MAAN MEIN LADDOO PHOOTA moments 😆. It was the first time I was asked to be a Judge. And i was so elated that i kindda celebrated with my best buddies the rest of the night making them all go irritated with the sudden bursts of 'OMG I AM THE JUDGE!' 🤣. And it really felt honored to be a judge of such a prestigious Contest 😳. Apni toh phaatt gayyii when it came to filling the score card up 🤣 It was really difficult cause each and everyone were brilliant in their own spheres and Marks and Scores can never judge an art or creativity. It was a really a great experience. And i would thank Manjari for giving me such a great opportunity. 😊 

A short quote i would like to share with everyone. 

There are two kinds of people: Those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group because there is less competition there.' By  Indira Gandhi

So What are you waiting for? 😊" - MisHumptyDumpty

"It was a pleasure to judge this competition and read such wonderful pieces on Asad and Zoya. All the entries were so unique and the writers beautifully interpreted each and every aspect of the topic given. Hats off to everyone who took part. It was honestly gratifying to read such beautiful stories." - -RD-

Okay, without any further wait, let's move to the results! I have to start by saying that the results were very close. The OS was judged out of 50 by each judge, i.e., a total of 100 points. It was judged on : Uniqueness of the title [10], Concept/idea [10], Interpretation of the given quote [10], Language (Grammar + Vocab) [10] & Background/Setting & Ambience created [10]. Everyone who would like to know their ranks and see their scorecard please PM me, I will not be disclosing everyone's scores here.

So here we go,

The most popular OS in this contest scored 83.5 points from the judges. It is none other than The Sunshine Of His Life by Preet.Kc. A simple yet beautiful piece of work.

The Runner-Up for the Qubool Hai OS contest is a tie. With 84 points each, the runner-ups are :  

Madame_Noddy for her OS - Chances: Lost & Found . Simple and Sweet OS.

& -ForeverYours- for her OS. - Our Dysfunctional Utopia [ She had written under a pseudonym/username ] A very strong-worded and powerful OS.

And now, the winner of this contest is, once again,

-ForeverYours- for the impeccable OS - The Grey Area which took us straight back to Mangalpur. Phenomenal work :) She scored 91 points from our judges.

Congratulations to all winners!

Edited by DoNotDisturb - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CREDITS 

I would like to thank the development team of QH forum to allow me to conduct this contest, the two judges : -RD- & MisHumptyDumpty for reading the entries and sending in the scores on time, and all the participants for making the effort to send in entries and taking part in the contest! 

A special thank you to Aashi [aashizin] for making these beautiful prizes in such short notice 😳👏 Thank you so much aashii 🤗

P.S. - A detailed scorecard containing all the scores will be PMed to all participants by today.
Edited by DoNotDisturb - 10 years ago
gossipgirlxoxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I have never ever come across such an honest storyteller, who lets the emotions flow with such ease that you don't even realise that you have become a part of the story.

yoon to hain duniya main sukhanwar bahut acche

kehte hain ki shweta ka andaaze bayan aur

Congratulations Shweta and Madame_Noddy and and Preet !
I also loved reading other writers work. Each one of them was unique and had something special, kudos to the talent on IF. Proud to be a Forumwasi..

Edited by gossipgirlxoxo - 10 years ago
713_Sparkles thumbnail
Congrats to all!!!!
well deserved!! had read all of them...Fantastic!👍🏼 🥳

Mithun Da's GRAND SALUTE!!!
Nutella. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
RES. TEARS. TEARS OF PRIDE. 
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Congrats winners...
Manjari - could you please put the link for the OS's here too in case someone wants to go back and read them.
Links added. Just click on the title of the OS. :)
..Shweta.. thumbnail
RES
Thank you :)

Muchas gracias judges for your generous scores and kind words. And thank you to everyone who read it, it's nice to know someone reads the words you type on a lonely Word doc and perhaps even likes it.

The Grey Area, I'm glad people liked it. It was much more universal in terms of the surface so I can see why it was appreciated. It was a lot fun actually, believe it or not, to write. So thanks! 

Our Dysfunction Utopia is close to my heart and one of the few works I am actually proud of, so I'm glad you guys liked it. The intention was to present the most complex of their emotions in their rawest form which (I hope) matched the overall tone I was going for. So yeah thanks for being able to appreciate the effort. That's always nice to see.

Congratulations to the other winners and the one thing I want to say about the participating entries is that they all reflected effort, which is valuable. So congratulations to them for their prized effort :)

I don't have much of an acceptance speech, so simply put--Thanks! This was nice experience to have and I had a lot of fun being a part of it!

-Shweta

Edited by -ForeverYours- - 10 years ago
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
CONGRATULATIONS TO EACH ONE OF YOU..
Madame_Noddy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
RES. Will unres when I'm in a less-shocked state...

UNRES 😃
Okay, so now that my initial shock has worn off, let me write my bit of history over here. First of, despite being in a no-internet condition since the past three days, i had to fill an emergency one day net pack in my blundering cellphone to be able to log into IF, when Ankie aapi texted me saying that i was one of the winners. My initial reaction?? ---> "good joke. I'm not believing you"...

And then i willed myself to log in and find out! And boy oh boy!! I danced about in the house for a while screaming yayayayayayayaya!!! Thank you so so so so much for this!! I had written this story right after my exams when i had seen the thread in the first page... So when i took part, i never imagined that this would be the outcome! I was more than happy to simply take part and I was over- elated by the fact that people were reading and liking my os despite me not pm-ing anyone (the PMing thing was optional i believe??) So when i came to know today that i am runner up, i am super duper excited and happy!!!

Those who know me will know that i am a relatively new writer in the forum having a few one shots and one completed and one half complete short stories behind me... So being one of the winners in such a prestigious contest means the world to me! I can't express how happy i am! Congratulations to all other winners.. And i am personally a hugeee fan of Shweta di's writing skills, so sharing a position with such a seasoned and experienced writer as her in this contest is a huge honour in itself!

Thank you so much judges for this! And thanks a lot to Manjari for giving us this contest!!
Edited by Madame_Noddy - 10 years ago