Mahabharat

TOI: Comparisons with Nitish Bharadwaj are welcome: Saurabh Raaj Jain

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Comparisons with Nitish Bharadwaj are most welcome: Saurabh Raaj Jain
Saurabh Raaj Jain on playing Krishna andVishnu at the same time 

Saurabh Raaj Jain is essaying the role of Lord Vishnu ( Devon Ke Dev Mahadev) and Lord Krishna (Mahabharat) at the same time. Ask him how he juggles both the roles and he says, "While I had signed Mahabharat first, it took time for it to get started. In the meantime, I took up the role of Vishnu in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev."

Both the characters are very different even if Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu, reveals Saurabh. "While playing Vishnu, I can't move. I have to portray the calendar image of the God, so I can only show my expressions. Krishna, being the human form, allows me to do a lot with the character," he notes.

While Krishna is traditionally portrayed as dark-skinned in mythological shows, Saurabh is shown to be comparatively fairer. He says, "Yes, Krishna was dark in complexion, but this is something the creative team has decided to take liberty with."

Tell him that many people do not understand why Krishna is narratingMahabharat on the show at a time when he did not even exist and he says, "He isn't telling the story, but is only present in divine form as God. He interprets each episode and action in the story and relates it to daily life." 
Jain tells us that he was a big fan of Nitish Bharadwaj, who played Krishna in BR Chopra'sMahabharat, and has no issues with comparisons. He says, "There was Gita Gyaan in the earlierMahabharat during the war. Our show talks about gyaan with Krishna explaining the facts that led to the war."

A Delhi boy, Saurabh would earlier speak Hindi with a Punjabi accent and had to read a lot of books to get his diction right.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
waiting for krishna track to begin i hope they give it a good 2-3 weeks
monika. thumbnail
download n read this book for free n create awareness. scroll the index of this book to know what r the topics included in the book.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/116907823/Sri-Krishna-Charita-by-Dr-Bhawanilal-Bhartiya-Www-vedickranti-in

..this book written by bhawanilal bhartiya is based on bankim chandra's book "shri krishna charitra",who did research for 36 years n have proved that all the allegations imposed on shri krishna are false...

read it n find out why radha is considered a fictional character by all renowned research scholars, n how much portion of Mahabharata has been adulterated n interpolated with the passage of time n how much is original.

Bankimchandraji has stated " Shrikrishna in all respect was free from all blemishes and was of very pure conduct. . He was a multidimensional personality, accomplished and pure soul.Such an ideal character endowed with all virtues, free from all sins never did exist and would hardly exist at anytime, anywhere, neither in this country nor any where in the world. "

" Swami Dayananda states that Shrikrishna was the best of all the characters in the epic Mahabharata. His qualities, deeds, nature and character all are similar to those of accomplished persons(apta or siddha), and were simply magnanimous. He never committed any sin or any impious act right from his birth till his death. Whatever aspersions, thrown on Shrikrishna are all just because of Bhagvata only (Satyarthprakash).

Edited by monika. - 10 years ago
Anusha-B thumbnail
I think Saurabh doing well as Krishna and will do even better when he comes in the main plot. 
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks fr the article. .. Nitish sir was outstanding as Krishna. . I am sure saurabh is also going to prove himself till nw he was awesome. .
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ mounika thanks fr the link will definitely read it..
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Thanks for the article.Waiting for Shri Krishna's entry in the show.
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Comparisons with Nitish Bharadwaj are most welcome: Saurabh Raaj Jain

Saurabh Raaj Jain on playing Krishna andVishnu at the same time 

Nothing can be compared with Mr B R Chopra's Mahabharat as that Mahabharat was picked straight out of That era when actually Mahabharat happened. Everyone who worked in it were live characters of Mahbharat they did such a mind blowing and outstanding performance that they have become the characters of Mahabharat especially Sri Krishnji AKA Nitish Bhardwaj
Each one of them lived their respective characters. They all were saakshaat.

They reached the zenith with what they did that nobody can reach their level.

If another one is compared with that Mahabharat then all else will fail. Therefore, one should not compare but yes more such shows are always welcome because each generation will once again take interest, study Mahabharat, try to recreate and once again people would get up to notice our sacred texts will acknowledge great Bharatiya history and great civilization and our great heroes of the past.

Once again history would be passed form generation to generation and once again we would learn lessons from our texts.

Therefore, such shows based on Indian ancient history are always welcome. But based on facts and not fake and lies.

I know Saurabh will do an excellent work in Mahabharat as he did it in Devon Ke Dev Mahabharat. Provided the director knows his job well