Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by -3raser-

I am so glad I stumbled upon this one shot. The character of Lavanya always held a soft place in my heart, perhaps more than Khushi ever did. In the beginning I hated her because she was cruel with her words and dumb to a certain extent. However, the transformation that took place in her was comendable. The way she grew as a person in that little time she spent at RM made her journey much more connectable. Her past was never shown but it felt as if something happened in her life which may have changed the way she was. Like someone pointed out, Arnav got Khushi but he lost Lavanya. And when he broke up I thought about it...maybe Lavanya and Arnav would have been able to work out. She had evolved and could have been his companion throughout his life if Khushi hadn't been there.

Coming to the OS, I loved  it. Your vocabulary is versatile and far-fetched, making the read more enjoyable. The way you captured Lavanya's thoughts and her essence was just brilliance. The little hints you used through out, like the mention of Khushi's bag holding a lot of weight, was very well thought out. The last part was my favourite with Lavanya's conclusion on the dilemma. An amazing OS.

Lavanya evolved during the show from a vain narrow minded person to a nice girl. Its ironic that when she became what she became, I didn't have any reason not to see her with Arnav anymore. Logically she makes the perfect companion to Arnav but she understands that attraction doesn't work that way and steps aside.

Thanks!
RB
That was...amazingbsnd brillliant in their most superlative ness...
Peeping into lavanyas mind.. very good very good...

Am always a fan f ur writing
Originally posted by AquaSandhya

It is the thought process of a human that differentiates people. But there are people in this world who do not think too much. They merely act. I'm trying my best to not generalize here.  I'm also trying my best to not judge those who give less time for their thoughts than necessary. It is merely an observation and I know I maybe totally off in my approach.

Once again, brilliant writing 👍🏼

I do believe that there are great deal of people who impulsively delve into action without giving due diligence to the thought process behind the said act. But that's just the way to deflect possible negative action coming their own way. It's a defensive mechanism of sorts. Lavanya isn't impulsive and all her actions do have her own good as primary motivator behind them. When she slings hurtful words at Khushi, she does with full intention of hurting the woman.

Thanks,
RB
Originally posted by moomin4455

Thank you for the PM - I almost missed this and that would have been a crime!
How many people actually strive to have an identity, whether consciously or otherwise? Or even change that identity by our 'tastes' for music, food, fashion, friends, boyfriends etc etc? How many people find that surety of their identity fly out of the window, particularly if they aren't sure at all (deep down) of what they are, when a guy or gal enters the equation.

The way you described Lavanya making Arnav the pseudo-centre of her universe was so real. The way she recognized that Khushi and Arnav were a certainty and she stepped aside, instead of going down another route was admirable - you described her thought process in such a believable way.

If there's one thing I loved about Lavanya's character despite the beginning, is the way she was woman enough and sensible enough to not pursue a man as broken as Arnav, when it became clear it wouldn't work out. As I see it, Arnav was the broody aberration in Lavanya's life; she deserved someone who wouldn't see her as second best.

In the show, Lavanya's world revolves around ASR. She tries to do everything the man wants even when he is being mean about it. His association with Khushi leaves him annoyed and at times Lavanya becomes the target. She tries hard to be what he wants her to be by accepting the ridiculous "learn the way of our life" as if being herself wasn't enough.

It seems like an elaborate way of highlighting how Khushi was awesome when compared to Lavanya but La actually lives up to the challenge. The transition is amazing and it goes to show the extent she can change herself for the man she loves.

In a way its good Arnav didn't end in her life I suppose. Like you said, she needs someone who gives her the importance she deserves.

Thanks,
RB
Originally posted by Raila1014

La was what she was and never pretended to be someone else, except maybe when she tried to be the daughter in law that the Raizadas were craving.  She was a real person who wore her emotions naturally unlike Kushi the ever suffering heroine.  I think this is why many liked La over Kushi, because she was a real person who did see the goodness in Kushi when they became friends and who had the grace to cut her losses in a relationship that was not meant to be.  She knew she deserved better and had the guts to end the relationship and moved on in search of the better.  I am sure she found it too.  The truth of the matter is no one has to change who they are to be accepted in a relationship.  She bent over backwards and realized it was not enough and like the modern girl that she was, she ended it.  You captured her spirit beautifully!

She didn't have monologues which heralded her suffering. She didn't have long standing arguments with Arnav to prove her point in convoluted manner. She did what she could in her capacity and lost the game where she didn't even have a chance to play it to full.

Thanks,
RB
Lavanya, a neglacted character from the serial...very well written...very well narrated her side of story...she did love arnav but she fisrt realised the feelings / chemestry bet arnav and khushi and happily she backed away from her love even she was deeply hurt and heart borken...it reminded me of the serial

Originally posted by RockBarbie

I do believe that there are great deal of people who impulsively delve into action without giving due diligence to the thought process behind the said act. But that's just the way to deflect possible negative action coming their own way. It's a defensive mechanism of sorts. Lavanya isn't impulsive and all her actions do have her own good as primary motivator behind them. When she slings hurtful words at Khushi, she does with full intention of hurting the woman.

Thanks,
RB

Oh, I agree that there was no doubt in Lavanya's mind that her words would hurt Khushi and it was her intention too. And no, Lavanya wasn't impulsive, she pretended ignorance by not letting her mind wander in that direction (where Arnav harboured feelings for Khushi) of the thought process.
Edited by AquaSandhya - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Enchante

You gave the enigmatic dusky bombshell a depth I never had anticipated her to hold. Sure she is a snob at times but at the end of the day who isn't? Most of us possess these darker thoughts but we don't usually implement them. Then, no one's head, not even Khushi's, can be clear and free of such darkness. 

You described that 'letting in' part of those dual thoughts so marvelously! And that the realization was not sudden but crawling up and in like a familiar ache, it unfurled potential the show hadn't explored at all. I LOVED the shoulder analogy and the way you so deftly explained to us what could possibly have passed through La's head. Of the hurt, pettiness, love,  jealousy and mawkishness which was more real and comprehensible than the mawkish emotions Khushi expressed.

It reinforces my belief that Lavanya and Arnav were always the more sensible pairing. 

If only reality hadn't been such a whimsical bitch, too.

Lavanya could've have been such a fascinating character in the show with little exploration. I guess unknowingly the writers gave her a graceful exit and her role in ASR's life came full circle. It's absolutely impossible to do a canon extension in daily soaps such as these where writing is bi-polar and affected with severe mood swings. But this character sort of had a decent evolution and character growth till she lasted.

I am eternally glad that Lavanya did a permanent exit instead of coming back later in the show as a negative character as if on her way back from Raizada mansion, she fell into Lazarus pit or something.

Thanks,
RB
Originally posted by vfordonkey

This was a fresh insight into Lavanya's head. It was strangely clinical, and not what you expect from ... Lavanya. The emotions are certainly from the right, but the words are from the left. It presents an interesting puzzle, like checks, white and black... and you'd think that it wouldn't work, but it does. It just does.

Clinical? Writing or the personality? She is a carefully crafted personality which starts to show cracks when ASR enters her life...
No one ,not even in the ipk Lavanya's transformation was shown this much. You have  beautifully done that. Excellent work...Just now found the link for ur works...Have bookmarked Already. Thanks RB...keep doing...