|| 24 Episode Discussion Thread ||

Posted: 10 years ago
Hey guys this is the episode discussion thread for 24...

Edited by DiehardYMfan - 10 years ago
Those Meher/Shaina/Yakub scenes are hardly believable or compelling. They feel rather generic in comparison to the rest of the show- Kiran/Janhavi included. Those scenes can be saved only by the person posing as Max.

I love the way Trisha interrupted the party to help find their daughters. Good move. Also good was the move of JSR and Wasim to bring one shooter in view, to take him out.

Tell me, will you sleep well tonight after you saw JSR do a Jack Bauer on the last victim?

The coverage of the Singhania family is also done rather nicely. While they appear to be the Nehru-Gandhi family in this universe, the real Nehru-Gandhi family also exists in this universe, as the first episode revealed. WNCC's hit job on Aditya, though, seems similar to Rahul Gandhi's party's rivals getting hounded by news channels.
Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago
@Arjun if you remember there was a news that came out which accused the Gandhi scion of assaulting a girl back in 2007 or 08 may be...
P.S: I m a known Gandhi hater and a staunch supporter of the opposition party LOL.
Yeah those people are believing or compelling and i liked the Trisha

scene too :D
@DieHardYMFan- Yes, that one, from somewhere in UP, more of a detention case. Covered up by the media.

I like the way Aditya's character is revealed. Hope to see more of him, and the seemingly corrupt WNCC, and less of those silly sisters. And yes, more Trisha! Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago
I skipped the hacking off body part scene that I don't think adds much to the big picture. 
@Arjun-Even I am damn sure that this WNCC is a fishy thing...
Adityas character is fab..he is more of a human than any one else in the show...
Imagine the ACP from CID bald/skinhead, and you have someone who looks like RAW agent Gill. Was that character a CID joke? I expect plenty of such jokes in the show.
First 2 episodes over and so far its pretty gripping with some excellent performances. One highlight is there's not a single lagging moment anywhere. 

But I did find those scenes with the 2 sisters and Yakoub to be highly contrived. Though their fates remain ambiguous, I guess they must be dead. Another character I found annoying is Tej as if he was trying real hard to act suspicious. 

Apart from these minor things its been very engaging so far. Anil Kapoor as usual shines as JSR. Tisca also is brilliant as the resigned wife and panicked mother. But the guy who plays Aditya Singhania is the real treat. Not only is he good looking, he's a very impressive performer as well, as he makes the youth icon and future PM seem more real and believable. And it was a pleasant surprise seeing Anita Raaj back on screen after so long. 

Real sad that we lose Anupam Kher so soon. Was expecting to see him in 1 or 2 more episodes.

Edited by zephyr29 - 10 years ago
Saw the episode...very much fast paced...like it but i just wish Anupam kher's character (Wasim) would not be died so fast ðŸ˜”