Box Office earnings Vs Critic view - Page 3

Posted: 17 years ago
it's the box office which determines the success as the bollywood!after seeing kank,i can onli say that the film will work only work coz of the actors!
the box office certainly determines whether the film is hit or not!!! 😊
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

i agree...But...I dun think these two are the best films ever...

well...From my point of view..DDLJ is nothing but a petty love story...

Of course..Sholay is a real classic...Worth watch...Its a wonderful film...(f a person hasnt seen this film...what has he seen in bollywood..without seeing the big daddy?😆)...

anyways..Sholay is one film I love/...Butt maybe not the best I have seen...there are some films which are better...But they have not sweeped money at BO like DDLJ or Sholay has....

From my point of view...I still stand on the fact that its the viewer's valuation of the film...which decides on its success...

For me Black is a bigger hit that DDLJ 😉(I just cant take Sholay's name...U know why😳😉)...while we all know...at BO its defenitely was not.😉

So, If the viewer personally feels the movie is good...thats all what matters...Not its collection at BO or Critics review on the film.

Cheers,

Laks

I am not measuring success based on my opinion about a film being the best. Because that can really differ from person to person.

I'm not a huge fan of either Sholay or DDLJ for that matter and wont ever say they were the "best" movies made. (now dont come after me with dandas 😆)

But, that is my personal judgement, which is just in a minority when you look at the big picture. 😊 

Today, Sholay is considered to be a success and a classic, purely because the majority loved it. The same can be said about DDLJ.

box office collections and if itz kank i wanna say kj did a superb job wanna apppreciate him and srk was fabolous in that movie everybody should go and watch it

Originally posted by J.

You know I find Taran Adarsh's reviews really really biased! He has written such bad reviews for some movies, which were actually not so bad. This guy claims he has seen like 5000+ movies and so now everyone thinks oh yeah his reviews must be great because he has seen so many movies.

I can sit at home and watch all the movies in the world ... But my review on them will still be my "personal" opinion! It wont get better just because I've seen soo many number of movies!

He wrote Rani's performance in KANK surpassed her performance in Black! Personally, I loved Rani in KANK ... but I still think Black was her strongest performance!

These so-called Movie Critics should really think & analyze before writing up reviews.

Just my opinion ... no offence to anyone please 😊

Jasleen, I agree!! Some of his reviews are biased, I also think Black is Rani's best performance! She acted great in KANK, but nothing can beat her performance in Black! Some of his reviews, say the films are bad but there are some I have seen in which I loved!!

Interesting topic Aparna.

I feel a FILM is a HIT when both the factors works for it. Meaning Box Office earning + People's appreciation.

For KANK:

The movie was made for 50 crores.

Due to all the hype and its super duper star cast and promotion with every channel in India talking about KANK before the Friday release the film got a gigantic start. As per reports I read today in the newspaper the film has already made 25 crores overseas, however the film didnt worked well in India and will just be able to make around 20 crores.

Lets say other stuffs like ringtones, satellite rights and stuff will get them 20 crores. So on the whole it is making 65-75 crores. So the Box office collections is also not great.

I was surprised to read the review by Taran Adarsh (one of the well known bollywood critic) giving KANK 4.5 out of 5. I dont want to question his rating but surely for the indian mass it was too much to digest. 😳

Personal view: It will be hard for the movie to even run 2 months in theatres.

Krishh:

The movie has already collected 200 crores and still going good in some theatres. I am sure everyone enjoyed the movie and came back home from theatre smiling.

Cheers,
Vijay
BOTH..
I call Something like Lagaan which makes India proud a success!

Or Mother India or Sholay.... Edited by ticks - 17 years ago