Chhan Chhan

ChhanChhan is replaced by Desh Ki Beti Nandini

Roop4U thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Sony TV Presents Political Drama - Desh Ki Beti Nandini

[To set reminder and check TV schedule of Desh Ki Beti Nandini click here...]

Politics has always been one of the most sought after topic of discussion in our country, imagine what will happen if political drama is unfolded everyday on your idiot box. Sony Entertainment Television is all set to present a unique concept which deals with the life of an ordinary girl who is all set to make a mark as a leader of the country. Rashmi Sharma Production presents a fresh show Desh Ki Beti Nandini' which will be aired from Oct 7.

The storyline is quite different from the usual saas-bahu drama, it is a journey of an Indian woman who handles her home efficiently and is ready to take charge of power as a political leader too. It is a story of Nandini, a selfless, strong headed, socially aware girl. She is caring and knows her responsibilities. Nandini is the sole bread earner of her family and is lovable. She is deeply patriotic and has all the skills to become the youngest member to manage her housing society council.

Nandini Pandey is played by Kirti Nagpure who made her TV debut with Parichay - Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, in which she featured with actor Samir Soni.

On the other end of the spectrum is Rajvir Raghuvanshi played by newcomer Rafi Malik who is a young, confident and wealthy young scion of a prominent political family. He has lived a major part of his life outside the country and has limited knowledge about the socio political situation of his homeland. But Rajvir is passionate about music, is creatively inclined and has no political ambitions whatsoever.

Rajvir and Nandini, the two unlikely protagonists whose paths converge to create a saga that forms the stage for exceptional developments and changes the trajectory of their lives. Other important characters on the show will be played by Sujata Sehgal, Suhasini Mulay, Muni Jha, Manoj Chandila and Shahab Khan.

This half-an-hour show will compete against Bigg Boss Saath 7 (Colors), leading fiction shows in the Hindi GEC space such as Diya Aur Baati Hum (Star Plus) and Pavitra Rishta(Zee TV), Do Dil...Ek Jaan (Life OK) and Chidiya Ghar (SAB TV). This is Sony's fourth show launch in the past two months, after Jee Le ZaraKaun Banega Crorepati 7 andSanjeev Kapoor Ke Kitchen Khiladi.

Nandini will replace Sony's fiction property, Chhanchhan who had one of the biggest stars of TV - Sanaya Irani, which wrapped up in six months because of poor performance.

While there are shows on Sony like CIDCrime PatrolAdaalat and Bade Achhe Lagte Hain that have been aired for more than a year now, there have been many shows on the channel that didn't even complete a year. Shows like Baat Humari Pakki HaiLove Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage, Shubh Vivaah, Byaah Hamari Bahoo Ka and Dekha Ek Khwaab (were taken off air within a few months of launch).

Meanwhile, the channel also plans to launch its home-grown dancing reality show, Boogie Woogie, and Bhoot Aya, a show based on paranormal activities, in October.

Well, let's see whether Nandini... will give Sony much needed oxygen to survive in the daily soap race or not. But for now gear up to watch this political drama show every Monday-Thursday starting 7 October, 9pm on Sony TV.

Till then share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this upcoming show on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i think you are late
has it not already been replaced
SannyDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS .. All the best , Hopefully Sony will pay proper attention.. Story seems interesting as always like other shows on sony ðŸ˜‰
But not interested more in any Sony soap !! 
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Why can't they announce the show without bringing Chhan Chhan into...guess the name Sanaya Irani/ChhanChhan will make people read.
As for the show, it seems like an interesting concept and the production house has had plenty of time to work on it (I think this show was being talked about even before CC was finalised), so let's see if Sony can finally break into the 9 pm slot. Makes no difference to me as I've already unsubscribed from Sony.
pinki_sanyal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS
But this article came very late...and I am highly disappointed with Sony as they have really handled the closure of CC very badly...no formal article prior closure, no segments...
This content was originally posted by: deeps_321

TFS
But this article came very late...and I am highly disappointed with Sony as they have really handled the closure of CC very badly...no formal article prior closure, no segments...

WHY are not BLAMING I-F ? they haven't reported abt it anything either