Quiet/Shy or Talkative - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago
Hi. I am bak with another topic. 😆 😳

Do you think people would like people who talk alot or who are quiet/shy?? I mean who do people prefer more. 😕

And who do you prefer?
personally...quiet and shy...cuz thats how i m haha
well i kind like both types of ppl....i mean like talktive ppl sumtimes can get quiet rude..buh shy ppl always tend to stay nice....i am kind of both....if i really know the person that i am with that i am one big chatterbox....buh if i am with a person or group of ppl that i hardly know then i am really shy and quiet...like last year i had moved to a new school...and because of my shy nature it took me bout the whole school year to get friendly with all my classmates...and once i got to know everyone than i became my usual talktive person
To me, shy people are intimidating. If I go to a party or in family gathering, shy people bother me. They just sit and listen to others conversation, but don't add anything to it. Unknowingly, they creat mystery about them. If you pass by them, you don't know what kind of reaction you would get.

Now shyness is different from being reserved. If you say that you like to be reserve in first few contact with strangers.....that's fine. It's normal. You shouldn't spill all of your beans in first few meetings. Getting to know someone is better...But shyness is a whole other story. Shyness is a negative quality. At certain point in your life, you should get over shyness. As we grow older, shyness should fade away.

i think both types of people are nice...but i agree that shy people (me in ways too 😆 ) should overcome their shyness...
Originally posted by Evee

I am an ambivert. I am extremely quite with strangers and a chatter box with close friends. I find it weird when I meet new ppl and they behave extra friendly 😕 and sometimes they find me rude as I prefer to keep my distance I prefer ppl who are like me 😃 I like friendship to build gradually.

same here...lolz if i dunno u i wont talk 2 u...but if i know u i dont shut up...lolz....and i dun make frends every quickly...hehe

I used to be shy/quiet. But Im outgoing now. Anyways..hmm..Id perfer people inbetween..not too talkative and not too shy.

I like both - it depends on the type of the ppl. Dazlingflower made a valid point. They CAN be intimidating. But then again there are outgoing ppl who can be quite cynical and self-centered. I dunno. I am an outgoing person and I talk too much and thats why ppl find me annoying
Originally posted by Evee

I am an ambivert. I am extremely quite with strangers and a chatter box with close friends.

I am exactly like that too.
I think I am a compulsive extrovert. 😃 Uncomfortable silences kill me and I am the first to blabber!!

but more to the topic, I prefer chirpy people.