How many blame Bhishma for Amba?

Posted: 10 years ago
Guys this is the first time I felt that blame was on bhisma a bit hard as far as I remember my mother telling me story she avenged him saying only that she wld be the reasoon of his death only. I dnt hear the story of parashuram and bhishma fight

anyways how many of you really blame bhishma for Amba's unfortunate life...means he let her go to her love once he knew the truth...the prince dnt accept Amba...
I dnt feel like blaming Bhishma...how many of you think Bhishma is to be blamed

Edited by angelina285 - 10 years ago
I think Bheesma is to be blamed...there was no competition in the swayambar...that means princess were to choose anybody they want...so going there uninvited and showing valor...i can't see any point actually...he broke the principles of swayambar...he let her to go to her love...but not before defeating the man infront of whole court...in that age it was quite an insult to any man...the fact is whatever Bheesma's intentions might be...as a result of his action a woman suffered...so he was at fault...
So you completely blame Bhishma for ruining her life.
He went there with the thought it was swayamvar because of his mother's order
when he knew he apologized and let her go wthout any restriction whch he wld have imposed
and the guy who loved her insulted her more calling her thing

Edited by angelina285 - 10 years ago
of course I think Vhishma was at fault . 
Originally posted by angelina285

So you completely blame Bhishma for ruining her life.
He went there with the thought it was swayamvar because of his mother's order
when he knew he apologized and let her go wthout any restriction whch he wld have imposed
and the guy who loved her insulted her more calling her thing

i know Salva was at fault too...but Bheesma's fault was more...

you know this is the first time i am seeing Bheesma went there due to Satyavati's order...i had always read and heard that King of Kaasi didnt invite Hastinapur as Bheesma had the oath and Vichitabirya used to be chronically ill...Bheesma took it as an insult to Hastinapur and went there uninvited and forcefully took the Princesses to Hastinapur...

Even in the show's version...Bheesma went there and challenged the king...he didn't even wait for the princesses to make their choice...i liked when Amba asked him if he saw any competition there... 
so tell me even parashuram thinks he is at fault??? and then fight.
do they ever mend their realtionship????
Go thru this Wiki Article to know abt the whole Amba story and abt the Parshuram and Bhisma fight

No I don't blame Bhisma...Satyawati was always giving her directions and he was bind due to his pratigya. Also, when he came to know abt Amba's love, he let her go but the guy was too egoistic to accept her back...

its satyavathis fault... tht lady is damn demandng... n bheeshm cant disrespect her cos she is the rajmata crap... damn she s such a selfish woman...
Note to Angelina - Bheeshma had no business going to Kashi in the first place, since he was uninvited.  It's not like there were no other princesses in Aryavarta whose kingdoms were friendly w/ Hastinapur.
Bhishma was to be blamed!!!!!

He had no business ruining a woman's life!!!!!

It came back to him finally when he was forced to watch his own family's bahu being dishonoured like he had insulted Amba!!!!!!

And saving an innocent person's life is more important than any pratigya!!!!!!