***M Night Shyamalan Fan Club*** - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

M. Night Shyamalan Fan Club

Manoj Night Shyamalan Oscar nominated director of all time hit "The Sixth Sense. This movie had  six Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Original Screenplay. his other works are "Wide Awake", "Unbreakable", "Signs" and "The Village". this latest film is "The Lady in the Water" which is also doing well.

Biography:-

Name:

Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan

Born:

on 08/06/1970 in Pondicherry, India

Job Titles:

Director, Screenwriter, Actor

Significant Others

• Wife: Bhavna Shyamalan. met at NYUl; married in 1993; as of 2000 was writing PhD thesis in child psychology

Education

• New York University, New York, New York, film, 1993
  • Episcopal Academy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Waldron Academy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Milestones

• 1980 Began making film at age 10 (date approximate)
  • 1986 By age 16, had completed 45th short film (date approximate)
  • 1992 Feature film debut as writer, director and star of "Praying With Anger", filmed in Madras, India in 1992
  • 1993 Wrote screenplay for "Labor of Love"; sold to Fox for $750,000; attached to direct; when studio reportedly reneged on his directing the film, project was shelved
  • 1995 Sold the script for "Wide Awake" to Miramax for $250,000 on condition he direct film in Philadelphia; lensed in 1996 and released in 1997
  • 1997 Hired to rewrite script for "Stuart Little" (1999)
  • 1999 Breakthrough film, "The Sixth Sense", starring Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment; wrote and directed and made cameo appearance as a doctor; also played small role; received Academy Award nominations as Best Director and for Best Original Screenplay
  • 2000 Reportedly received $5 million to write and $5 million to direct the thriller "Unbreakable", starring Willis and Samuel L Jackson; made cameo appearance as a drug dealer
  • 2002 Wrote and directed the supernatural thriller "Signs," starring Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix
  • 2004 Featured in "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan," a documenty about the filming of his feature "The Village"; aired on the sci-fi channel
  • 2004 Helmed the feature "The Village," in which he again teamed with actor Joaquin Phoenix; also starring William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver
  • 2006 Directed Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallas Howard in "Lady in the Water"; also penned the script
  • With family moved from India to Penn Valley, Pennsylvania

Filmography:-

Edited by xen10 - 17 years ago
i m big fan of Manoj night Shyamalma n my favorite pix of his is... Sixth Sense , though i like Unbreakable as well Bruss Willis!!! was my crush then!!! 😆
but i love his genre of movies!!! 👏
Hats off to the Man!!! 👏
yipeee im the first one to join it!!!
Edited by nishtha - 17 years ago
I have seen this trailer of The lady in the water. Gosh, it looks Scary.I liked the movie, The Sixth Sense. Beautiful movie.
[/IMG]

i'm truly his big fan, AC whatever is in dic.

just provide me handsome information and pitures to me and video clips also.
i'll also try and get some hot pictures of his.
thanks nishi, fiona and naina it was quick
hey naina i'm trying to get teaser of LAdy in the water as soon as i find i'll post it.
Please watch Lady in the Water teaser online.

here's link
Edited by xen10 - 17 years ago
goodluck to him :) hope he wins :)
thankxxx a ton for the link. it was really interesting movie to see this summer here.