Mahabharat

All the discussions about old Mahabharata here only[DT NOTE - page 98]

Viji79 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I wonder how many of you have seen the old Mahabharata by BR chopra. I guess not many. I was a small girl when it used to air on DD. I am happy about the initiative that SP has taken to recreate the epic for the next generation. Do join the thread to share your views.
Edited by mnx12 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
No i never watch the old mb.i did nt born at that time πŸ˜‰
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yaar I didn't watch 
hope I can watch this... promos just awesomeee
.m.a.r.y.s.i.o. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
nahhh i havent seen the old mahabharat...infact i have no idea if it aired b4 i was born or after πŸ˜†
but looking forward to the show and hope u have some amazing performances
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I watched it when younger then watched on DVD few years back. Think it aired on the bbc a year after it did in India. 
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I have watched it n I was a small girl too back then 😳 My family never used to miss it n we eagerly looked forward to sunday mornings πŸ˜ƒ Even later I watched its re-runs on DD n many other channels n given a choice I will watch it yet again. I am glad SP is coming up with it n will want to see the new version of it 😳 

atominis thumbnail
I was not born when it started. But I have memories of its episodes of early 90s.

Nobody missed it.

I have seen it in its re-runs on Sony, DD, Star Utsav. I have its DVD set too.

I remember when I had bought its DVD and was watching it, our neighbours and servant immediately asked us (on hearing sounds of its title song) on which channel was it being shown! That's how iconic this show was!

I think each actor was perfect in it. Dialogues were really good. And the knack of giving a sort of moral of the story at the end of every episode was great as it helped put the episode in perspective. The narration by "Samay" (time) and commentary on events also served as a masterstroke to interlink the incidents and get better understanding of ramifications of characters' actions.

This show made me a fan of mythos and made me read up more on mythology.

I am looking forward to the new MB due to my admiration for the epic as a tale and love for mythos in general.

Old MB is historic and iconic. It was the longest running serial of its time. And has enjoyed unbelievable success all round.

Actors chosen were so perfect in their roles that till date I don't know their real names or don't call them by their names but identify them as Draupadi, Karna or Bhim or Arjun or Bhishma!

MB was shown in Shri Krishna also. But I liked that show more for Shri Krishna's story than MB.

Worst was Kekta maiya's Kahani Hamare Mahabharat Kay on 9X! 😲 I have no words for it.

The new one looks interesting and the promos are so technically glossy that it's amazing!

SRJ looks real good as Lord Krishna.

For the rest, we'll have to wait and watch.

I am glad SP finally did something other than saas-bahu/romance in their fiction department!

I think comparisons or discussions of new MB in same breath as BRC's MB should be avoided. It is not fair to either.

I loved Om Namah Shivay on DD. And now I am a loyal viewer of DKDM on LO. Both shows are likeable for different reasons.

I hope the new MB is also an engaging serial. Though I am a tad unsure about its cast.
But I was skeptical over the cast of DKDM also intially but was proven wrong. So I hope to be proven wrong over my doubts here too.

For me a mytho show is anyday better than other trash dished out on TV.
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah i have watched it when I was small and I watched it some 3 times on dvd.. it was very very nice show.. 
I am sure this Mahabharat also ll b epic..
Viji79 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Skepblun

I was not born when it started. But I have memories of its episodes of early 90s.

Nobody missed it.

I have seen it in its re-runs on Sony, DD, Star Utsav. I have its DVD set too.

I remember when I had bought its DVD and was watching it, our neighbours and servant immediately asked us (on hearing sounds of its title song) on which channel was it being shown! That's how iconic this show was!

I think each actor was perfect in it. Dialogues were really good. And the knack of giving a sort of moral of the story at the end of every episode was great as it helped put the episode in perspective. The narration by "Samay" (time) and commentary on events also served as a masterstroke to interlink the incidents and get better understanding of ramifications of characters' actions.

This show made me a fan of mythos and made me read up more on mythology.

I am looking forward to the new MB due to my admiration for the epic as a tale and love for mythos in general.

Old MB is historic and iconic. It was the longest running serial of its time. And has enjoyed unbelievable success all round.

Actors chosen were so perfect in their roles that till date I don't know their real names or don't call them by their names but identify them as Draupadi, Karna or Bhim or Arjun or Bhishma!

MB was shown in Shri Krishna also. But I liked that show more for Shri Krishna's story than MB.

Worst was Kekta maiya's Kahani Hamare Mahabharat Kay on 9X! 😲 I have no words for it.

The new one looks interesting and the promos are so technically glossy that it's amazing!

SRJ looks real good as Lord Krishna.

For the rest, we'll have to wait and watch.

I am glad SP finally did something other than saas-bahu/romance in their fiction department!

I think comparisons or discussions of new MB in same breath as BRC's MB should be avoided. It is not fair to either.

I loved Om Namah Shivay on DD. And now I am a loyal viewer of DKDM on LO. Both shows are likeable for different reasons.

I hope the new MB is also an engaging serial. Though I am a tad unsure about its cast.
But I was skeptical over the cast of DKDM also intially but was proven wrong. So I hope to be proven wrong over my doubts here too.

For me a mytho show is anyday better than other trash dished out on TV.

Your comment made me very nostalgic. All the actors who played the roles are still remembered as their onscreen characters. The show was indeed iconic and garnered a humongous response that Sundays 9-10 am, the entire nation was glued to the television. I truly hope that the actors of the new MB also live up to the expectations. 
rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The old MB was indeed iconic and much superior for those times.
 I have such fond memories of the show. Though I was too young when it used to be telecasted on DD but I loved the fact that everybody gathered around together to watch it... it was almost like a social gathering & a grand party timeπŸ˜†. Got the chance to watch it again on DVD😳 and realised that MB is certainly the ultimate epic and the learnings & morals are so relevant even for the modern times that we live in.