A unique tale of marriage, prison & hidden identity

Posted: 10 years ago

So Ek Boond Ishq is a love story with an apparent twist. Even though I couldn't really find the twist, the makers claim that there are several in the pipeline. The lead Mrityunjay arrives imprisoned and chained for a gruesome murder. Well I'm not yet sure who was killed by him, but then again, this is just the beginning, right? πŸ˜† Again Viraf Patel as usual gives a terrific performance full of intensity. I admire how without any dialogues in the first episode, he managed to make me sympathize with him as well as feel intrigued by his persona. His performance was top notch, really. πŸ˜³

Next, his future love interest Chhavi Pandey as Tara. She is loud, crass, uncultured and a typical tomboy. Well I give her credit for looking pretty and pulling the tomboy look, but the acting, okay if I'm not too harsh is pretty decent. Not anything like I cannot watch it or she's a pain onscreen. πŸ˜† I can see her improving definitely as the show progresses. 

And finally  the antagonist of the show who could shock and sometimes even scare you. With over the top make-up, excess jewellery all over the body and a not so feminine voice - Vishwajeet Pradhan aka Kalavati. So he's playing a woman or should we call him a eunuch in this show.

So the story suggests that Mrityunjay is arrested for killing someone and his father will do almost anything to get him out. He even ropes in Tara to marry him in return for the security and stability of his family. On the other hand, Kalavati who is also Mrityunjay's paternal uncle (taayaji) will stop at nothing to disrupt this union.

All said and done, I think the show has definitely roped in some good actors and I hope the screenplay keep up the level. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Your views?

Edited by city-musings - 10 years ago
Nice post!

I thought it was interesting and I loved how they already fixed the marriage in the first epi and I agree that they have a good cast too. 

BTW, that Kalvati totally freaked me outπŸ˜†
Nice analysis and the episode was good.

However I fails to understand how a marriage will save Mrit from his jail sentence? 😳

Viraf was absolutely brilliant today and Chhavi was really good and Kalvati had me completely freaked out today πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Aahaana

However I fails to understand how a marriage will save Mrit from his jail sentence? 😳

I don't get that connection either.  Maybe they are trying to establish his character (ie. he can't be that bad otherwise no one would marry him?  Or maybe they got the notion from a psychic?πŸ˜†)  Either way, I'm really interested in finding out the reasonπŸ˜›
Nice Analysis.

Tatasky Synopsis Of First Episode - In That They Mentioned Mrityunjay Is Awating Verdict In A Rape Case.

First Episode Was Nice .Chavi As To Improve. Viraf Was Good. Vishwajeet Acting Is Also Nice.
thanks fr d analysis...

the concept wasnt clear to me after watchng d promo...n d episode too..ur analysis helped a bit..
bdw wats d show all abt?
Originally posted by Parm.

Nice post!

I thought it was interesting and I loved how they already fixed the marriage in the first epi and I agree that they have a good cast too. 

BTW, that Kalvati totally freaked me outπŸ˜†

Yeah, I think it was cool of them, not dragging the marriage thing and getting done with it ASAP. We can have the story progressing now.  And yeah, Kalavati did had me freaking during the temple scene. That was um, eery. πŸ˜³
Originally posted by Aahaana

Thanks! πŸ˜³

And I dun understand the same. Maybe Jay's father wants him to just get married and it's got nothing to do with his release. 
Originally posted by VIMAL89

Nice Analysis.

Tatasky Synopsis Of First Episode - In That They Mentioned Mrityunjay Is Awating Verdict In A Rape Case.

First Episode Was Nice .Chavi As To Improve. Viraf Was Good. Vishwajeet Acting Is Also Nice.

Thank you. 😳 They mentioned rape case? Wherever I've read about it, it was a murder case. πŸ˜†

And I agree Chhavi ain't supreme like Viraf and Vishwajeet but I'm liking her as of now. πŸ˜†