Hello Hello ~ Gippy Grewal AT.

Posted: 10 years ago

About Gippy Grewal

Singer, actor and producer. Born on Januury 2nd, 1983. He is married to Ravneet Kaur and is a father to two sons, Gurfateh and Ekomkar.

Song 'Phulkari' broke many records in Punjab and he rose to fame quickly. His first album was 'Chakkh Lai'  produced by Aman Hayer which was a success and became one of the highest selling albums.

His 2012 song 'Angreji Beat' ft Honey Singh broke all records and was featured in the Bollywood movie, Cocktail.

Albums + Singles

Filmography  

He made his debut into the Punjabi film industry with the Jimmy Shergill starrer, 'Mel Karade Rabba' and landed himself a lead role in the movie 'Jinhe Mera Dil Luteya' alongside singer, actor, Diljit Dosanjh. That movie went on to being one of the biggest hits in the industry and earned him a PTC (Best Actor) Award.

Next, in 2012, he starred in Mirza-The Untold Story which had the highest opening for a Punjabi movie when it first released. Next came 'Carry On Jatta' which also became a hit with total earnings of 10 crore (rupees). Followed by that was 'Singh V/S Kaur' which received positive response but was not as successful as his previous films. 'Lucky Di Unlucky Story' and 'Best Of Luck' are his most recent movies. He has a movie coming up (releasing on November 15) produced by Akshay Kumar called 'Bhaji in Trouble'

Awards

PTC Best Actor Award (Jihne Mera Dil Luteya)

PIFAA Award for Best Actor (Jihne Mera Dil Luteya)

PTC Best Actor Award Critics (Carry On Jatta)

Dubbing

Lent his voice for Hollywood movie, A Good Day to Die Hard for Jai Courtney's character. This is the first ever Hollywood movie to be dubbed in Punjabi.

Edited by gk_09 - 10 years ago
I have never listened to any of his songs- someone tell me one of his best songs!
I'll listen to it <3
I'll finish the rest later...

Check out Flower, Marjawa, Pind Nanke, Tera Dil Mera Hoya, Phulkari ... those are the ones I can think of on top of my head.
Flower and Marjawa are beautifulll Avani. Marjawa's instrumental was used for the task 5 fashion show thread!
One of my favourite songs by 2 of my favourite singers:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw9AdOaBKHk[/YOUTUBE]
Carry on jatta was one funny movie! Loved it! I felt my packs coming in 😆
I go all gaga over him frm punjabi industry evn i watch his movies only
I love all his songs bt top 2 my fav songs of him are
Channa ve kede badla ch kho geya
nd
bili bili akh valiye its superb
bth frm his movie jinne mera dil luteya