~The Ranting Project~ Task 6

Posted: 10 years ago

Hello There!
 Now, I don't know about you but my all time favorite hobby is ranting! Just blabbering about petty issues that infuriate you...though sounds stupid, if more refreshing that I thought! 
So, in our attempt to make our forum more active we, The Perfect Punjabi's, have decided to open up a new thread and concept:

Sounds weird? Well, if its not weird then how can if be fun? πŸ˜‰
So basically, on this thread you can rant your heart out on any issue you feel like.
From weather to celebrities- rant your heart out!

Our Forum Team Members: Me (Avani), Jot, Hrideyy, Vibha and Shivani will post several rants; and along with you! Now try and make your rants expressive; not one liner! πŸ˜†

Now, you 'rant' can be whatever length, and on any topic whatsoever. 

So people- Let the Ranting Begin! 

https://i.imgur.com/nC8o0C9.gif

Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 10 years ago
Reswa!
Topic of Rant:

Butter Chicken is a dish
Not a Cuisine 
o teri...u mean to say v can say nythng against nybody..n nobody gonna report against us...??
Originally posted by Stunning_Sarun

Reswa!
Topic of Rant:

Butter Chicken is a dish
Not a Cuisine 
rofl...first give me the xplanation of cuisine...vt cuisine xactly described asπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
thn i'll start it with uπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
^^ Just don't mention their name πŸ˜† And don't be too mean!! 
Lets try not to make someone cry...🀣
Originally posted by Stunning_Sarun

^^ Just don't mention their name πŸ˜† And don't be too mean!! 
Lets try not to make someone cry...🀣
how can i rant someone without naming🀣

Rant Number 1. Avani 

Butter Chicken is a Dish

NOT a Cuisine

Now, as we all may know the North Indian Cuisine is absolutely loved by several people in India. The several varieties and dishes that leave your mouth watering dishes!

Since I live in Australia I am distressed by one fact- people know nothing about our cuisine.

For my friends North Indian Cuisine means one thing- Butter Chicken.

Now I don't know about you, but I am absolutely certain that our culture provides so much more than one freakin dish- Butter Chicken.

In Sydney I can go to any North Indian restaurant and every single menu card had at least 6 types of Butter Chicken!

Yes people- can you believe it! In Australia we have types of Butter Chicken. I seriously don't know what they are thinking.

Its not normal.

But the thing that has me ranting about this issue is when we went to restraint. Let me give you a run down of the convo we had with the Waiter:

Avani- "What do you have in North Indian?"

Waiter- "Ohh we have the whole cuisine! You will love it!"

Avani- "Ohh, do you have Palak Paneer?"

Waiter- "Huh? No we have Butter Chicken!"

*I mentally feel like murdering the waiter*

Avani- "And...?"

Waiter- "That's it"

Whole cuisine my foot! They thought that the whole North Indian cuisine revolved around one dish- butter Chicken!

ARGH!

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Butter Chicken. The real Butter Chicken. In Sydney Australian Butter Chicken is bland, tasteless and has cream rather than oil. It takes mild to a whole new level.

And as we all know, North Indian food is anything but mild!

So, as you may have figured; going to a decent Indian restaurant in Sydney is not possible!

Because these idiotic restaurant owners fail to recognise one simple thing: Butter Chicken is a dish. NOT a Cuisine. 

Edited by Stunning_Sarun - 10 years ago
haha i am there with you...honestly indian food basically here in Australia means different types of chicken...and it is so annoying
there are so many other good north indian dishes but you hardly find a restaurant that has them
Edited by mjht_one - 10 years ago
^^ So freakin true! Its so annoying- its not even fair anymore!!
I can't eat ANY good indian food! And all the crappy food is still expensive!
and the food doesnt even have that indian taste...they basically make it according to the white people...but my friends love "indian cusinie" which according to them is butter chicken, briyani, and other different types of chicken