Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

A great start, to a great journey!

-ElmoFuj- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Being a die hard IPKKND (original) fan, I hated the idea of IPKKND EBP! But I was like lets give it a try. And I have to say, I loved it. I enjoyed most of it, just because the show somehow even through similarities paved its way for a fresh story, a fresh start. Now those, who are going to watch this show keeping in mind the original show, I think you guys are seriously going to waste your time because you can enver enjoy anything if you sit and watch it only to compare. Not talking about this show particularly but anything at all actually.

You can not compare the joy of keeping a cat as a pet or a dog. The debate has been going on in the world since centuries trying to reach a conclusion which is better as a pet, but nothing can ever be concluded. Everything has its own good and bad points. (Ekh. A cat-dog example? Seriously? She couldn't do better than that? Well nope, I couldn't πŸ˜ƒ)

Coming back to the show, Look at its own beauty if you have to. For me, this is my first post on the forum on the day the first episode aired and I am glad to say I enjoyed it alot.

Ashta
A girl who isn't the unreal goody two shoes, but an average young woman who makes mistakes just like anyone would, who gets sweeped into her wants ignoring where she is going wrong. But she has a circle of people her life revolves around and she would go through anything to make them happy. A good natured, happy-go-lucky girl having people around her who love her and due to that love, the contrast between Astha and Shlok can be made.

Shlok-
A man tormented by the demons of his past. He is constantly haunted by the memories of someone in his past, most likely a mistake or a sin he made in his life. A definite misogynist. The suspense factor gaves this character a benefit of the doubt in the back of our minds. Before we start to hate him due to his insensitivity towards women, another dimension to his character is show through the flashback where we are forced into a place where we can't make ourself decide yet. A man who loves his father, but holds a grudge against his mother. In short, a complicated man who's character's depth is still yet to be brought forward.

The contrast-
This is my personal favourite element in any show. The contrast between the leads either in terms of their personalities or their life styles. Today I'l just go ahead with the personalities. Theres a clear, unavoidable contrast between the two characters where one has grown up to be a loving person, while the other has grown up to be a hating, fire-breathing person. Now this is too obvious, isn't it?

But if we look between carefully, you'l see how the CV's have clearly and cleverly given us other contrast factors too.

Shlok wore a black suit throughout the episode today. A man who's life just goes on in one colour, one dimension every day of his life. Or as has been shown uptil now. A robotic lifestyle, no room for any personal touch by anyone else around him. Except his father. 

Astha on the other hand was shown in vibrant colours throught the episode. Be it in form of the clothes she wore, her room, the people she was with. Every way possible. Her life has been outlined in a colourful pattern due to her personality and maybe upbringing, thats yet to be seen. 

Other than clothes, the rides also showed contrast. The red, shining, sportscar, Ferrari. And the local bus, which I can't explain much when set besides the Ferrari. Its actually interesting to see how Shlok was riding one of the most luxurious cars ever, but didn't seem happy or thankful at all. Whereas Astha seemed much more happy, joyful even in the bus. She was dancing, singing, enjoying thr breeze and smiling all the way. Now thats interesting, isn't it?

Overall, I personally loved the episode. The settings they used, especially in the last scene was very applaudable. I loved the whole feel of it. I hope they maintain it and not go bankrupt midway the show. Anways, when I first sat down to see the episode, I wasn't sure if I was going to follow this show, but now I can very easily say that I for one am definitely going to continue with this show.

A request to everyone, please do not compare it with the IPKKND original, because we know nothing can beat that. And maybe one day we shall say the same about EBP. Give it a chance with an open mind, otherwise its kind of wasting your time. 

Cheers,
Faiza πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by -ElmoFuj- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great post, Faiza!

I stopped watching IPK after Shit-all track, but yeah, I'm gonna give this Season 2 thing a go πŸ˜†
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey there! 

I completely agree with every word!
The show should not be compared and we should give this show a chance. I loved the first episode and I will surely be watching the upcoming episodes too. Shrenu and Avinash were absolutely brilliant as Shlok and Aastha. They are doing full justice to their role so far. 

Yes, loved the pool scene in the end. It was so brilliantly directed as well as executed by the actors.
But i am still wondering why Shlok hates his own mother? Maybe she is his step mother or something? 
Edited by mary78613 - 10 years ago
-ElmoFuj- thumbnail
Originally posted by: KulfiBai

Great post, Faiza!

I stopped watching IPK after Shit-all track, but yeah, I'm gonna give this Season 2 thing a go πŸ˜†

I'l just say in that case you didn't miss much. πŸ˜†

Me too. As far as the first episode is concerned, it was pretty impressive. Finally a non-4lions romantic show that I'd be watching. πŸ˜†
-ElmoFuj- thumbnail
Originally posted by: mary78613

Hey there! 

I completely agree with every word!
The show should not be compared and we should give this show a chance. I loved the first episode and I will surely be watching the upcoming episodes too. Shrenu and Avinash were absolutely brilliant as Shlok and Aastha. They are doing full justice to their role so far. 

Yes, loved the pool scene in the end. It was so brilliantly directed as well as executed by the actors.
But i am still wondering why Shlok hates his own mother? Maybe she is his step mother or something? 

Yea I think both the actors did great. If they lacked anywhere, it won't be fair to judge on the very first episode. I enjoyed their performances πŸ˜ƒ

She seemed to be the step mother. I think his real mother has some horrible history behind. It has more than just the mother story. The woman in the flashback was definitely not a mother. (If any articles or something tell anything about her, thats a different case, I have read none so far). So we have that as well. 
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This story is based on opposites attract theory. Ashta and Shlok are like water and ice,. mixed togheter it will b one,. but it takes alot of time for the ice to melt πŸ˜‰
sqrly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i love how you noticed the clothes they were wearing and the contrast of the colours - very observant!
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -ElmoFuj-

Yea I think both the actors did great. If they lacked anywhere, it won't be fair to judge on the very first episode. I enjoyed their performances πŸ˜ƒ

She seemed to be the step mother. I think his real mother has some horrible history behind. It has more than just the mother story. The woman in the flashback was definitely not a mother. (If any articles or something tell anything about her, thats a different case, I have read none so far). So we have that as well. 

Yes, the first episode is not the criteria to judge them.

Oh yes, that not definitely not the mother πŸ˜† she seemed like his love interest or gf.. And I think she ditched him and his hatred for woman generalised to everyone.

ipkknd-ebp thumbnail
...Edited by ipkknd-ebp - 10 years ago
Heavens_Kiss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I actually liked the first episodeπŸ˜†..Considering all the controversy surrounding this show and all the hate it has got this far they kind of pulled it off atleast for episode 1. Not to say that there weren't any flaws and all. I really wish the leads had a bigger entry for one. The second half was nice. Avinash and Shrenu have chemistry. It is going to get better as the show progresses. I like the music..I mean their BG.😳 I am surprised no one has spoken about it. The music seems totally different from IPK1. Now since this is not a 4 Lions show I expect the scenes to be different. The pool scene while nice is bound to be compared to the original for obvious reasons but then again I knew the makers would purposedly do this coz this is a sequel afterall. I am guessing the scenes are going to be very diferrent from hence forth. But some things we just can't shake. Duppatas flying, dargah scenes, push and pull sequences? These are the staple diets of all hate/love stories which IPK1 did not create.These have been there since time immemorial.πŸ˜†