Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon " Ek Baar Phir on Star Plus

Get ready to watch another love story with the sensuous and sizzling chemistry of the lead actors Avinash Sachdev and Shrenu Parikh in the show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon- Ek Baar Phir.

Star Plus, a brand whose philosophy embodies new, fresh and dynamism, brings back its iconic narration and one of the most popular shows - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon for the viewers.The new edition titled Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon " Ek Baar Phir (IPKKND-EBP) is a riveting story of two contrasting personalities - an anti-hero in Shlok Agnihotri (played by Avinash Sachdev) and the girl next door in Astha Kirloskar (played by Shrenu Parikh). Both Shlok and Astha are entwined in a relationship that sways between love & hate, creating mayhem every time their paths cross. But what happens if destiny overtakes them and plans their life together? Watch this unique love-hate story unfold as the shrewd Shlok finds his equal match time will tell whether love blossoms or swords are drawn. Starting 26th, stay tuned to Iss Pyaar Ko Main Kya Naam Doon? Monday to Friday at 6.00 pm only Star Plus.

Set in Pune, the story of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon "Ek Baar Phir revolves around Shlok, a dynamic, handsome and an astute businessman and Astha a fun-loving, lively girl. If Shlok is a complete chauvinist and believes that women's role should be confined to taking care of the home and family. Astha is a complete contrast to his stark personality; she believes in equality for both men and women and has a very progressive outlook to life. For Shlok its all about succeeding and being on top of the game and for Astha she would loves to spread happiness and cheers in the world. What happens when two strong and opposing personalities ends meet? For Shlok, Asthas every entry into his space only calls for trouble making situations worse leading to a love-hate drama between the two and several dramatic twists unraveling the unknown.

Talking about the show, Avinash Sachdev said, I have always played a character of a sweet, loving boy and this is the first time that I will be playing an anti-hero on the small screen. While I was looking forward to such a role I was thrilled that it came to me so soon. I have done my bit of homework and now getting prepared to wow my fan and viewers with this unique love-hate story."

Shrenu Parikh adds, I am really lucky that I am back to the channel where I started my career. I am portraying Aastha's character who is today's girl, with full of life. Iss Pyaar Ko Main Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir is her tryst with this arrogant boy Shlok which eventually turns out to be an interesting tug of war with their love -hate relationship.

Produced by Sphere Origin, the show also brings together an ensemble cast that includes Manish Wadhwa, Geetanjali Tikekar, Tushar Dalvi and Prachi Shah amongst others.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/news-releases/16346-iss-pyaar-ko-kya-naam-doon-ek-baar-phir-on-star-plus.htm

harianjana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Avinash Sachdev)
Avinash Sachdev)

He has been popular as the cute chocolate boy every girl would want her mother to meet; however in a change of roles the charming Avinash Sachdev is all set to play Shlok, a guy who hates women and challenges their need for equality in STAR PLUS€™ soon to be launched show €" Iss Pyaar Ko Kya NAam Doon €" Ek Baar Phir. Playing the negative role is taking a toll on Avinash who finds it difficult to be his own self even after the shoot. He is living up the role and often found being irritable and cranky post the shot.

€œIt€™s a different character all together. I am playing a male chauvinist who feels that  women are inferior to their male counterparts. My friends have never seen this side of me and therefore they are shocked and extremely surprised with my behavior. Moreover they are claiming that i am slowly becoming like my on-screen character - cold and rude,€ laughs Avinash

Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon €" Ek Baar Phir, sees a love-hate story between two people, who are polar opposites. The story revolves around Aastha (Shrenu Parikh) and Shlok (Avinash Sachdev).

Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon €" Ek Baar Phir launches on 26th August at 06:00 p.m, Monday €" Friday only on STAR PLUS

laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Avinash Sachdev to play male chauvinist in IPKKND
Avinash Sachdev to play male chauvinist in IPKKND
Avinash Sachdev More Pics
We have seen him playing a loving and caring husband in popular TV show " Chhoti Bahu". But actor Avinash Sachdev is now ready to play a male chauvinist in the second season of " Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon".

The show, a romantic-comedy drama, will hit the small screen with a new tagline - "Ek Baar Phir". It will air on Star Plus.

Talking about his character, Avinash told IANS: "In my previous show 'Chhoti Bahu', I had essayed the role of a person who is simple, kind and down-to-earth. But now, for the first time I am playing a bad boy... a male chauvinist. It was challenging."

The original show was extremely popular and had upset a lot of viewers when the curtains came down upon it abruptly with Barun Sobti, the lead actor, quitting the show to pursue his Bollywood dreams.

Avinash says when he started shooting for the new show, he didn't know it would be a sequel to "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon".

"When I started shooting in January, I wasn't aware that it would be a sequel. The show revolves around a couple, who has different interests and still they fall for each other," he said.

The actor says no special preparations went behind making his role as convincing as Barun did in the original.

"I haven't watched the original show because at that time I was busy with 'Chhoti Bahu'. Also, like I said, I was not aware that it's a sequel," said Avinash.

Avinash believes the show will cater to viewers of all age groups as love-based content attracts one and all.

"It completely depends on the concept of the show. 'Iss Pyaar Ko...' is a family drama. So, it would definitely attract homemakers. But there's a chemistry between the lead actors, so that might catch the interest of youngsters," he added.

Avinash, who also owns a fashion clothing house in Malad in Mumbai, admits that the sequel bug has caught TV producers too, but he hopes his own show does well.

"It's a different concept," said the actor, who believes there's no shortcut to success.
Edited by laxmis - 10 years ago
laxmis thumbnail
Friends don't appreciate Shlok: Avinash Sachdev
Friends don't appreciate Shlok: Avinash Sachdev
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam DoonMore Pics
He has been popular as the cute chocolate boy every girl would want her mother to meet.

However, in a change of roles the charmingAvinash Sachdev is all set to play Shlok, a guy who hates women and challenges their need for equality in STAR PLUS' soon to be launched show - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir.

Playing the negative role is taking a toll on Avinash, who finds it difficult to be his own self even after the shoot. He is living up the role and often found being irritable and cranky post the shot.

"It's a different character all together. I am playing a male chauvinist who feels that women are inferior to their male counterparts. Myfriends have never seen this side of me and therefore they are shocked and extremely surprised with my behavior. Moreover they are claiming that I am slowly becoming like my on-screen character - cold and rude," laughs Avinash.

Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir, sees a love-hate story between two people, who are polar opposites. The story revolves around Aastha ( Shrenu Parikh) and Shlok (Avinash Sachdev).
Edited by laxmis - 10 years ago
laxmis thumbnail
Iss Pyaar Ko fans not happy, Chhoti Bahu are: Avinash Sachdev
Avinash Sachdev

More Pics

It's time for the fans of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon aired on Star Plus to rejoice, well the reason is known to everyone with the promos ofIss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon sequel hitting the TV screens. 
Undoubtedly, fans would miss Barun-Sanayasizzling chemistry this season. " I think we were destined to be part of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya... sequel because this same show was earlier titled something else which even we didn't knew but we were co-incidentally using the sets of Iss Pyaar Ko... and now finally we are part of Iss Pyaar Ko's sequel," shares Avinash. 

Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti became synonyms for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? And nowShrenu Parekh and Avinash Sachdev have to weigh the responsibility to carry forward their legacy and the attachment that fans have towards the show. "Iss Pyaar Ko fans might not be happy but my Chhoti Bahu fans are very much happy with me doing the sequel of Iss Pyaar Ko...Though sequels are not new for me as I have done Chhoti Bahu Sequel but it's great that I am doing a sequel of a show which was not mine earlier," Avinash observes. 

Now that you are associated with the show, where you and Shrenu would be directly compared with theBarun and Sanaya, who gainedimmense popularity through this show? "No, I am not nervous. In fact I love my character and I am doing my best. Fans would see me in a very different avatar this time as I will be portraying a character which I have never done before." 

So fans get ready to witness the all new series of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

laxmis thumbnail
Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev
Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev
Avinash SachdevMore Pics
On his birthday today, Avinash Sachdev has been facing a lot of flak for his portrayal of Shlok Agnihotri in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon €" Ek Baar Phir. He speaks to CT about playing a male chauvinist, comparisons with Barun Sobti, facing the ire of the fans of original show, and the promo of the show making a history itself.

Buzz is that you were set to replace Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon(IPKKND)?
Yes, I had auditioned and was even finalized. But then the show went off air.

How did you land the role of Shlok Agnihotri?
When I auditioned for this show in January, nobody knew that this show would be called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir. My character was that ofa good guy and the look was also very different. When we started shooting in April, my character changed to that of a male chauvinist. Then also the names doing the rounds were Iss Dil Ka Kya Karoon, Darde Dil etc. Only last week I came to know that it is being called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir.

What attracted you to the show initially?
It was a love story. It was a show which focused on my character rather than on my mother or wife. Though the story of Chhoti Bahudid not focus on me, I never imagined it would get me such fame. And here, the story revolves around Shlok and Aastha Kirloskar.

Tell us about your character
Shlok is a bad boy €" cold and rude. He is a dynamic business tycoon, who believes he can win anything. He is sporty, adventurous, drives a Ferrari, loves to challenge himself and doesn't respect women. He hates Aastha. They are poles apart. Whenever they cross each other, Shlok's business goes for a toss and he thinks she is unlucky for him. As a negative character, I discovered a lot of things which I can do, which I hadn't done earlier. There are a lot of surprises in the show.

How is your chemistry with Shrenu Parikh?
It's been very good and we hope to keep it up. Shrenu's character mirrors her in real life. She plays a jovial and chirpy girl.

Do you hope to recreate Barun-Sanaya's chemistry?
I hope to create my own chemistry. When I signed the show, it was a different show and I gave my 100 %. Today when it is the sequel of IPKKND, I am still giving my 100%.

You reportedly questioned Barun's professionalism in leaving the show mid-way... would you never leave a show mid way, even if you are offered a big banner movie?

That's what the reporter said, it was not my comment. I told the journalist what I would have done if I was in the same situation. It was a misunderstanding and I was portrayed in a negative light. Why would I comment about Barun?

As far as I am concerned, work is work, whether it's Bollywood, Hollywood, TV or reality show. Whatever comes first will get my full commitment. While I was doing Chhoti Bahu, I was offered some films, but I did not take them up.

Have you seen the original IPKKND? I was really busy when it was on air, so much so that I didn't even get the time to watch my own show.

Are you watching it now to get an insight?
I am taking this show as I would have done with any show or had it been named anything else. Just because the names of the show are same, doesn't mean the show is similar.

Are you aware that the fans of season one want the name of this show to be changed? Yes I got a lot of tweets, and I also replied to the respected fans saying that it's not in my hand. In fact these are beyond an actor's purview. I am supposed to do my work.

Is the name of the show posing a challenge for you?
The show was already a challenge since my image is of Kalyug's Lord Krishna €" as my character was in Chhoti Bahu. In this show, I am Kalyug's Raavan. I play a male chauvinist who does not respect women and believes that a woman is incomplete without a man. Now, with the name, it has become a bigger challenge.

I believe its destiny. When we started shooting in April, we didn't know that this would be a sequel. Still, we were using the shooting studio of IPKKND. Now, I am being compared to Barun and my chemistry with Shrenu is being compared to Barun and Sanaya Irani.

Now the show is on my shoulders, as I am both the bad guy and the good guy. But I am much happier with the negative role as I have done a positive for four years.

Do you think it would have been easier for you if the show was called something else?
It would have been the same. I would have put in as much hard work as I am putting now. Showko kya naam mila hai usse mujhe koi fark nahi padta. What works for a show is the concept, script, chemistry. With the show's name being IPKKND, fans of the show are comparing me with Barun. I am sure Barun won't mind as wouldn't I. I am also getting a lot of messages from my fans. Some people are happy and some are not. I cannot make the whole world happy. I understand the emotions of the fans. When Chhoti Bahu was taken off air during its peak, my fans also felt the same. That is why its sequel was made.

I think people will watch my show if my work is good. Even if the name is different and people don't like my work, they won't see it.

Is this show an adaptation of the original or is it a sequel?
IPKKND is the concept. We are not comparing it with season 1, which was a cult show. Shlok and Aastha have a different identity. The name of the show is just a situation for the two protagonists. Somewhere in the show they would keep wondering Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

What do you think of sequels, considering that the sequel of Chhoti Bahu did not do that well?
I don't think it didn't do well. Though it had the same cast as Part 1, it did not do as well compared to Part 1. But in IPKKND €" Ek Baar Phir, the cast and the plot are completely different, so I don't know what the fate of this would be. I am happy to be a part of both the sequels (Chhoti Bahu and IPKKND).

Does the reaction of the fans of the original season irk you?
If I would have been a die hard fan of a show, I would have thought that kuch na hone se behtar hai ki kuch to hai. At least IPKKND wapas aya to haiChal kar dekhte hain ki yeh naya banda kya karta hai. And then if I don't like the show, I won't watch it.

I understand that people get attached to a show. Since I have done a sequel, I know how it is. If Chhoti Bahu's sequel had come with any other cast, my fans would have had the same reaction. The fans are right in their way.

The promo of the show hasn't been well received...
The promo has got 88,000 views on YouTube as of yet, of which it has got 2,000 dislikes and 192 likes. This is I think a first for Indian television. I have never seen a promo creating history in itself.

Does all the negativity regarding the show get to you sometime?
Mujhe bahut pyaar mil chukka hai, so I am now comfortable with nafrat also. Ismein ek alag mazza hai.

What would you say to Barun if you meet him now?
I have met Barun once during the beginning of his career as we were doing shows for the same production house. I think if we both meet now, we would just laugh. I came to know that he is also born a day ahead of me, so we have a lot of coincidences.

Do you think the leads of a daily show are left with no personal life?
No I don't think so. I am working like crazy in this industry since six years. Still I am getting time to be with family and friends. Whenever I get time I go to Lonavala or Mahabaleswar. I haven't missed out on anything.
.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

My friends don't appreciate Shlok: Avinash Sachdev

TV actor Avinash Sachdev, who will be seen as male chauvinist Shlok Agnihotri in "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir", says his friends don't appreciate his character.

TV actor Avinash Sachdev, who will be seen as male chauvinist Shlok Agnihotri in "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir", says his friends don't appreciate his character.

Contrary to his role of a loving and caring husband in "Choti Bahu...Sindoor Bin Suhaagan", Avinash will seen as a guy who hates women and challenges their need for equality.

"It's a different character all together. I am playing a male chauvinist who feels that women are inferior to their male counterparts. My friends have never seen this side of me and therefore, they are shocked and extremely surprised with my behaviour. Moreover, they are claiming that I am slowly becoming like my on-screen character - cold and rude," he said in a statement.

Starting on Aug 26 on Star Plus, 'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - Ek Baar Phir' revolves around Astha Kirloskar (played by Shrenu Parikh) and Shlok. It's a love-hate story of the two.

Produced by Sphere Origin, the show also brings together an ensemble cast that includes Manish WadhwaGeetanjali Tikekar, Tushar Dalvi and Prachi Shah amongst others.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/16363-my-friends-dont-appreciate-shlok-avinash-sachdev.htm

laxmis thumbnail

Avinash Sachdev's New Avtaar

Thursday, August 29, 2013
By Sandeep Hattangadi

Star Plus is bringing back its iconic Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. The show started on August 26, and will air Monday to Friday at 6 pm. We spoke to Avinash who plays the lead role of Shlok Agnihotri in the show. Avinash is known for his popular characters in Karam Apna Apna and Choti Bahu. Here he speaks about his new show

What is the tele-script of the show?
The new edition titled Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon " Ek Baar Phir (IPKKND-EBP) is a riveting story of two contrasting personalities " an anti-hero in Shlok Agnihotri (played by me) and the-girl-next-door in Astha Kirloskar (played by Shrenu Parekh).Both Shlok and Astha are entwined in a relationship that sways between love and hate, creating mayhem every time their paths cross.

What made you accept this show?
I have always played a character of a sweet, loving boy and this is the first time that I will be playing an anti-hero on the small screen. While I was looking forward to such a role, I was thrilled that it came to me so soon. I have done my bit of homework and now getting prepared to woo my fan and viewers with this unique love-hate story. The character of Shlok Agnihotri has many negative hues and is a perfect character to portray. 

What is the story of the show?
Set in Pune, the story revolves around Shlok, a dynamic, handsome and an astute businessman and Astha a fun-loving, lively girl. If Shlok is a complete chauvinist and believes that women's role should be confined to taking care of the home and family. Astha is a complete contrast to his stark personality; she believes in equality for men and women and has a very progressive outlook to life. For Shlok, it's all about succeeding and being on top of the game, while Astha loves to spread happiness and cheer in the world.

How is it like working on the show?
The producers of Sphereorigin like Sujjoy Wadhwa are great and so is the cast that includes Manish Wadhwa, Geetanjali Tikekar, Tushar Dalvi and Prachi Shah amongst others.

Would you like to do reality shows in future?
At present I am busy with this show and if anything good comes across I will definitely accept it.

Are you open to films?
Films seem like a distant thing but if good offers come across I will definitely accept them.

Avinash seems to have had a complete image changeover in television.

http://afternoondc.in/television/avinash-sachdevs-new-avtaar/article_90171

Koeli thumbnail
'Iss Pyaar... Ek Baar Phir' to surpass season one!!  

The concept of seasons is yet to work well on the Indian small screen, but actor Sachin Parikh is convinced that "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir", the sequel to "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon", will surpass the original series.

Parikh, who essays a key role in the show, says that the subject and the content of this season is stronger than the past show.

"Season two of 'Iss Pyaar...' will also rock. It will go beyond the first season. The subject and content is stronger than first one," said Sachin.

The first season had actors Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani in the lead, but the new season features actors Avinash Sachdev and Shrenu Parikh in prime parts.

The new season went on air on Star Plus on August 26.

Sachin believes people will try and connect the show with its prequel, but after a while, they will be able to relate to it.

"The moment people start watching the show, they will relate to it. Initially, they will see the show as an extension of the first season. But after a while, they will get hooked to the story line," said Sachin.