Abhaas Mehta was 1st selected to play Andhak...!!

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Rival Site News.

https://img.india-forums.com/images/600x0/147925-abhaas-mehta.jpg

Abhaas Mehta 'loses out on a meaty role in Mahadev' owing to health problems

Talented actor Manav Gohil is all set to play the role of Angad in the popular mythological show on Life OK, Devon Ke Dev€ Mahadev. However, not many know that actor Abhaas Mehta who essayed the negative lead Shyam in the first series of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon was actually the first choice to playing the important role in the show produced by Nikhil Sinha (Triangle Films Company).

So what forced this change?

Well, we got to hear from the sets of Mahadev that the crew of the show was all set to shoot for the promo with Abhaas Mehta, when the unfortunate happened. Abhaas had even reported on sets and was about to begin shoot when he developed uneasiness followed by a bad itch all over his body. In no time, he noticed that he had boils all over and immediately rushed to the doctor. He was diagnosed with a measles attack, and that meant that the actor had to be indoors for nearly 3-4 days.

And this forced the production house to make some last minute changes and experienced actor Manav Gohil was finalized within no time for the role.

When contacted, Abhaas told us, €œYes, it is true that I was to shoot for the promo for Mahadev. In fact, everything happened so fast; I was in Pune for few days, when I had got a call for this role. As soon as I came to Mumbai, I had a meeting with them. Then on the same day, I was told that I had to shoot for the promo the next morning. I even went to the set to start rolling, when I sensed that I was unwell. I immediately rushed to my dermatologist and then had to excuse myself from playing this role.€

Abhaas does not think much about the loss. €œIt was a strong role, no doubt. But it was not that I was waiting for this role for a long time. It was only a few hours of wait, and unfortunately I could not make it. I am glad that I had not started shooting for them. That would have doubled up the problems for everyone. But I usually don€™t think much. I am still staying within as per the advice of my doctor. Post this, I will look for some good work.€

Abhaas was last seen in Zee TV€™s Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan.

We wish Abhaas a speedy recovery and a comeback on TV with a challenging role.