Mythological Masti

Lord krishna--real hero or villain of mahabharat??

Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
recently i get a blog on this topic that  --- "Lord Krishna-the real villain of mahabharata"...
i dont appreciate it personally...it cant b...according to me obviously lord krishna is hero of mahabhaart...

now share ur views friends...

Lord Krishna - The Real Villain of Mahabharata

here is the post--and link(http://aaruljothi.blogspot.in/2011/02/lord-krishna-real-villain-of.html )

{post by the person--}following--

Some time back I saw a Hindi movie "Rajneeti". The story line is based on the great Indian epic "Mahabharata". In an after-movie discussion with my friends I was telling them why I don't like Lord Krishna, though he is supposed to be "the GOD". I had this thought for quite a few years when I started asking questions "Why" for everything. This blog is based on this. I am putting forward my thoughts on "Why Lord Krishna is the real Villain?"

Just a recap of Mahabharata: It revolves around the Kauravas, Pandavas and Karna the pre-marital son of the mother of Pandavas, Kunti. The former is portrayed as the villains and the later as the hero's, saviors of justice, good deeds and virtue. In a game of dice, the Pandavas are compelled to play with all the things they have including the brothers, the king and their common wife Draupati. All were won by the Dhartarashtras, the Pandavas were humiliated and sent to forest for 12 years. In their return to claim their lost things, a war is declared between Dhartarashtras and Pandavas with Karna at Dhartarashtras' side due to pure friendship and Lord Krishna at Pandavas' side due to the family relationship. Lord Krishna plays tactically outside the war frame and also within the frame to defeat the Dhartarashtras. The entire story is written as a book called the Bhagavad Gita.
                Now you may ask a question why "Lord Krishna" is the villain. After all, he saved the Pandavas who are considered to be "Good" people and won the battle for them. Let us see why?
                I would like to introduce another hero rather the "hidden hero" of Mahabharata, Karna. Bhagavad Gita portrays him as an all time generous and a good individual. He never says no to anybody whatever they may ask for. After all, he also carries the same blood as that of the Pandavas. He is the son of the "Sun" and "Kunti". Since he is a premarital son of Kunti, after his birth he was rolled in a cloth and set afloat on river Ganga. He was then picked up by a charioteer of the king and raised was by him. He was born with armour and earrings. He was a great warrior and learnt the art by himself by just observing the guru. He was better than the best, Arjuna. Karna is a true friend of Duryodhana, the king of Dhartarashtras.
                So now let us come to the point. We all know that Lord Krishna played a vital role in Mahabharata. Why do I portray him as a villain?
                I call Krishna the Villain keeping Karna in mind as my hero. The only mistake, people say, he did wrong was being in the bad company. Otherwise Gita portrays him as a gem of a person. At one stage after the war Krishna himself says to Arjuna that Karna is the real warrior and better than him. There are reasons how he was pulled into the bad company. Karna was denied his rights in several kingship activities saying he is not a Kshatriya and son fo a charioteer. He was humiliated and cursed for the reason of his birth. Naturally, he accepted the person who extended a friendly arm. Though Duryodhana involved in evil activities, he was a good friend of Karna and he saw Karna as his Commander in his army. Here, Krishna doesn't have anything to do, but as we all call him "GOD" he could have stopped Karna ending up with bad company. This was his first fault as Karna is worth a human being.
                During the "Game of Dice" still Karna refused to support the activities of Shakuni and he didn't like him. The climax of the "Game of Dice", the humiliation of Draupadi, is heart breaking from the Pandavas point of view but it all started and ended with the knowledge of Krishna and I would say it of no mistake from Duryodhana. In the game of dice the Pandavas lost their wife, Draupadi. Krishna didn't stop Pandavas from playing their wife. He didn't do that or he was not there to advice Pandavas and Pandavas, didn't know how to respect a woman, leave alone their wife. They saw their wife equivalent to objects to play with. Krishna didn't advice them but had decided to play it against Duryodhana and his friend Karna, who didn't have his presence in the court room. If Krishna had to punish, he should have done it with Duryodhana and Shakuni and not Karna.
                Just before the great battle of Kurukshetra, Krishna strategizes on the strengths and weaknesses of Duryodhana. He understands Karna to be the biggest strength and meets Karna to reveal the truth of his birth and mother and asks him to join Pandavas, ditching Duryodhana, but Karna refuses. Now Krishna, as he had failed, tries to get Karna through the back door by using his weakness, generous nature etc. He orders Lord Indra to meet Karna and ask for his golden armour and earrings fearing that these two will guide Karna to victory. Karna though, knew that the person who had come was Lord Indra in disguise and also of his intensions, still cut off the armour and gave it to Lord Indra. In return Indra gave him to use the "Bhramashtra".
                Krishna was worried by the meeting of Lord Indra and Karna, though he succeeded 50% in his plan. Still Karna had the bhramastra which Lord Indra gave him. This time Krishna tries to play with Karna's emotions and asks Kunti to meet Karna and let him know the truth. Kunti tried to get him with Pandavas but as usual Karna refused. He also gave her a word that he will not harm the Pandavas but "Arjuna" and also use the ashtray only once. Since Arjuna is in the hands of Krishna, Karna knew that nothing may harm him. In return Karna didn't ask for surety of his own life.
                During the war, Karna spared every member of the Pandavas. When he met Arjuna with Krishna, Krishna plays a trick. When Karna used his Bhramastra, Krishna cunningly sunk the chariot down to save Arjuna. Karna's aim was the neck of Arjuna and since the chariot was sunk, it missed Arjuna. The charioteer for Karna, said not to aim his neck but the waist. Karna didn't consider that advice, due to that the charioteer left the battlefield angry leaving behind Karna helpless. When Karna tries to get his chariot running, Krishna orders Arjuna to attack him and so does Arjuna, but Karna remains alive. The Dharma that Karna did unto others was saving him from dying. Krishna knew that killing Karna is difficult when they face him and ordered to kill him when he was busy pushing the chariot.
                To tackle this Lord Krishna appears as an old aged brahmin in front of Karna and asks him for the fruits of all the dharma that he has done and as usual Karna gives that and dies. After the war, when Lord Krishna meets Gandhari, she tells to Krishna "you knew what was going to happen and you still could've prevented the war".
                Yes this is the point where I am coming from.
         Krishna could have stopped the war, he could have brought everyone together well before anything could have happened.
         Krishna hit the weak points of Karna before the war could begin knowing that he cannot win him in the battlefield. This is an ultimate misuse of Krishna's powers, as he is the god and he knew what was going to happen.
         Krishna sent Lord Indra to get Karnas armour, which is the super cunning behaviour one can show.
         Krishna sent Kunti to get two promises, which is what we call playing politics. Kunti didn't have an option. She had to spare Karna life in return for her five legal sons, as Karna is not a legal child and if the world comes to know about it, they would curse her.
         Krishna sunk the chariot to save Arjuna and he knew that Karna would not use the ashtray for the second time as he had promised his mother. This is against the nature. Just to save somebody of his interest how can nature be changed?
         Krishna uses the chariot which has the divine power of Lord Hanuman, which protected them from Karna's arrows. This is against the rules of war, as people with equal powers are expected to face each other.
         After all, Krishna knew that Karna is a righteous and generous person. If Karna would have lived for some more time then dharma would have stood in the minds and hearts of the people. By killing Karna, Krishna has eradicated dharma from people.
Edited by akshirocks - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Actually, in the Karna story, I consider 2 people culpable - first Kunti, and then Krishna.

Kunti's fault was that she refused to recognize Karna & give him his rights, and gave Duryodhan an opening w/ which to challenge them.  I'll accept that Kunti got totally shocked by Karna's appearance at the contest, and that was no place to reveal her own youthful indiscretions.  However, don't tell me that Kunti never had any private moments w/ her sons.  That night, had she summoned her sons, and told them what she told them after his funeral, the whole matter could have been set right.  Then she could have invited Karna, revealed to him his identity, and offered him a place in the family.  Even if Karna couldn't have taken Yudhisthir's place on the throne (as per the rules regarding adoption & inheritance), he would still have had an honorable place amongst the Pandavas, like Bhima & Arjun.  True, Duryodhan made him the ruler of Anga, but had Kunti too stretched out her hand honorably, Karna would have been in a better position to mediate b/w Duryodhan & the Pandavas.  Or Duryodhan would have gotten back Anga, and had to look for new plots.

On a side-note, there would have been the question of Adhiratha & Radha, but there too, Kunti could have invited them and thanked them for taking care of Karna, and offering them something like partial parental rights.  Also, by then, Karna probably had his brothers (by Radha), and they too could have been given honorary positions.  Even in Indraprastha.

As for Krishna, his culpability is secondary.  Given the dilemma that Kunti was in, he should have persuaded her to fess up to both Yudhisthir & Karna and helped do what I suggested above.  They could have done that either privately, or publicly.  Yeah, while Kunti may have been berated, particularly by Shakuni, for having Karna out of wedlock, and chances are that she may have had to leave Hastinapur, w/ or w/o her sons, it would have prevented the genocide @ Kurukshetra.

One thing I disagree w/ the above post - Karna did not fight and defeat all the Pandavas, as the serials - both BRC & RS-SK - showed.  He only defeated Nakul (on day 16) and Yudhisthir (on day 17).  On day 14, his battle w/ Bhima was deadlocked, and that too after Duryodhan sent some 14 of his brothers - including Vikarna - to defend him, and all got killed by Bhima right in front of him.  In that Bhima vs Karna battle, while Karna did remember his promise to Kunti, Bhima too remembered that it was Arjun who had vowed to kill Karna, and so refrained from killing him himself.

As I pointed out in a DBSK thread, when the Pandavas did their Rajasuya conquests, Karna's kingdom Anga was in the path of Bhima's conquests.  At that time, Karna had no idea who he was - neither Krishna nor Kunti had revealed anything to him.  Nor had Duryodhan pledged to kill Bhima.  In fact, Karna even had his kavach-kundalas.  So had Karna been that all conquering warrior that modern serials proclaim him to be, he should have easily - or w/ difficulty - been able to kill Bhima - there was no vow preventing him from doing that.  But what happened was that every kingdom that the Pandavas invaded recognized their suzerainty - including Karna's.  So what was he so afraid of - wasn't that a golden opportunity for him to do a competing Rajasuya Yagna of his own, and fight and kill all the Pandavas in the process?

But Kunti, by her actions, was a characterless woman, and an even bigger traitor to her family than Vibhishan is (wrongly) alleged to be.  In keeping her secret, she caused the deaths of at least 5 of her grandsons, and even Abhimanyu's, if one factors in Karna's role in disarming him.  While I'm no fan of BRC, one thing he depicted right was have Yudhisthir accuse Kunti of being primarily responsible for every death in that battlefield, and then cursing women that they'd never be able to keep secrets.  The last was a tad unfair - but Yudhisthir couldn't curse Kunti, even though she deserved to be cursed.

I think that after the war, Kunti should have been thrown in a dungeon, and never allowed to see the sunlight again.  She certainly shouldn't have been allowed to leave w/ Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Vidura - her proper punishment would have been incarceration & isolation for life.  A woman who couldn't accompany her sons during their exile b'cos she was a princess, and yet could do the same thing 29 years later.  What a crock!!! 😡
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

God is faultless. He is pure and unsullied.

Ifs and but do not exist in the system of God. Nor is God Almighty the form of human beings. God Almighty is a source of colossal primordial energy much beyond the comprehension of most human beings. The concept of God Almighty and Cosmos becomes clear only when one gains enlightenment (kaivalya jnana) and finally salvation (moksha)... never before!

Lord Krishna was an embodiment of Dharma (righteousness). He had nothing to do with killing of people. In the face of adversities facing mankind he only advised king Arjuna not to lay down arms but fight his enemy for the sake of countrymen and the country! Lord Krishna advised king Arjuna that Dharma (righteousness) had to be upheld at all costs,come whatever may!

In the fight between Dharma (righteousness) and adharma (lawlessness), the position of Lord Krishna was of a Avatar.(God manifest in human form). It is the law of karma that holds good in the cosmic system. As we sow so shall we reap nothing less or more!

God Almighty always acts as a Dhrista (onlooker),never interfering with the creation of his! Whatever the residual balance of karma of one at a given moment of time,accordingly is the destiny. One with a sunny disposition and godly thinking reaps fruits of good karma most of the time. Those indulging in adharma (lawlessness) eventually bite the dust.

The life of every human being is directly governed by the law of karma. Even the likes of Lord Krishna can never change the karma of one. Lord Krishna, an Avatar of his era only acted as a guide, in the routine affairs of life. In the eyes of Lord Krishna, both Pandava king Arjuna and Kaurava King Duryodhana were equal,always and ever! 

_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail

Karna was a mix of good and bad. His biggest disqualification was that he knew he was doing wrong, but to fulfil his desire he would go to any extent.Karana was full of inferiority complex and to remain the king of Anga, he would do anything to please Duyryodhana.His good qualities like Danveera, brave etc are clouded by the great mistakes done by him, which fuelled the war.
Karna called Draupadi a prostitute,Karna cheated his guru,(Karna spoke lies that he was a Brahmin and learnt from guru Parshuram... later when guru came to know his cheating he cursed him that he will forget all what he learnt),Karna even after knowing pandavas were their brothers, continued the war,Karna did not oppose Laksha Griha,Karna encouraged killing abhimanyu knowing well he is his nephew and was innocent.

Duryodhana was still better than Karna, as he did not know or fee he was doing wrong.Karna did wrong intentionally to achieve his goal.

Of course he was a great warrior, daanveer and brave man.

We all have a Karna inside us... doing wrong things intentionally to achieve goals.
_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail

"Lord Krishna appears as an old aged brahmin in front of Karna and asks him for the fruits of all the dharma that he has done and as usual Karna gives that and dies."

This episode is not from the Vyasa Mahabharata. 

This is from 'Villi Bharatham' a Tamil poetic translation by Villiputhur Alwar.

A Brahmin appears before Karnan when he is about to die having been pierced by Arjuna's arrow, while trying to lift his chariot's wheel. The Brahmin requests for some dhana from Karna. Karna, the supreme man of charity, cries that he does not have anything to give this Brahmin.

The Brahmin reminds him that he can give him the mountain like punya which he has accumulated throughout his life with his matchless dhana. Karna feels happy that he has now got something to give this Brahmin. He spontaneously does so without any further thought. And at that moment he sees the Brahmin transforming into Lord Hari.

Why did Hari (Krishna) do it? Why did he ask Karna for dhana even at that desperate moment? Why did he take away all his punya? Is it a cruel act of Krishna? No. It is very easy to get misled by such erroneous thoughts or misunderstanding. It is actually an act of karunya by Lord. Throughout his life Karna indeed did limitless dhana. But he had not performed them as an arpana to Lord Hari. This limits the benefits he will eventually derive out of that punya. But Krishna by asking for and accepting all his punya, makes Karna do the supreme dhana, that of donating all his punya to Bhagavan Himself. This elevates his dhana to a supreme level, as a Bhagavath Arpana. To bless Karna with his bhagya is the real intention of Lord Krishna, while He himself risks being seen as heartless. This is the true karunya nature of God Sri Hari.

At this juncture, Krishna induces Karna to ask whatever boon he wants. And Karna asks whether there is any boon bigger than dying in the lap of God Krishna with the vision of His Divine face.

Villi Bharatham, Book 17, Verses 250 & 251:

Krishna then said, 

" I was instrumental for the following;

1) Indra got Kavach kundal from you as a gift.

2) Kunti prayed you not to use Nagastra twice and got that boon.

3) I informed your birth secret long before.

4) Lowered the ratha and thus saved Arjuna from Nagastra.

I have done these things for the sake of you. If Jivatma does wrong due to friendship, I have to rectify those." 

Thus Lord Krishna elevated Karna to the level of Sarabhanga Rishi who submitted all his punya to Lord Rama.
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Umm...I read that in the historical work "Sanjivani" by Raja Bhoja.It was clearly mentioned that "Vyasa composed 4,400 verses of the Mahabharat, and his pupils added another 5, 600. Thus there were in all 10,000 verses in the original Mahabharat. In the time of Raja Vikramaditya the number of verses rose to 20,000."
Raja Bhoja also says that in his father's time the number came up to 25,000 and at the time of writing the book under notice, when he was a middle aged man, it had risen to 30,000; if it went on increasing at the rate the Mahabharat will in no time become a 'camel's load.'

Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
Rishrabh thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Actually, in the Karna story, I consider 2 people culpable - first Kunti, and then Krishna.

Kunti's fault was that she refused to recognize Karna & give him his rights, and gave Duryodhan an opening w/ which to challenge them.  I'll accept that Kunti got totally shocked by Karna's appearance at the contest, and that was no place to reveal her own youthful indiscretions.  However, don't tell me that Kunti never had any private moments w/ her sons.  That night, had she summoned her sons, and told them what she told them after his funeral, the whole matter could have been set right.  Then she could have invited Karna, revealed to him his identity, and offered him a place in the family.  Even if Karna couldn't have taken Yudhisthir's place on the throne (as per the rules regarding adoption & inheritance), he would still have had an honorable place amongst the Pandavas, like Bhima & Arjun.  True, Duryodhan made him the ruler of Anga, but had Kunti too stretched out her hand honorably, Karna would have been in a better position to mediate b/w Duryodhan & the Pandavas.  Or Duryodhan would have gotten back Anga, and had to look for new plots.

On a side-note, there would have been the question of Adhiratha & Radha, but there too, Kunti could have invited them and thanked them for taking care of Karna, and offering them something like partial parental rights.  Also, by then, Karna probably had his brothers (by Radha), and they too could have been given honorary positions.  Even in Indraprastha.

As for Krishna, his culpability is secondary.  Given the dilemma that Kunti was in, he should have persuaded her to fess up to both Yudhisthir & Karna and helped do what I suggested above.  They could have done that either privately, or publicly.  Yeah, while Kunti may have been berated, particularly by Shakuni, for having Karna out of wedlock, and chances are that she may have had to leave Hastinapur, w/ or w/o her sons, it would have prevented the genocide @ Kurukshetra.

One thing I disagree w/ the above post - Karna did not fight and defeat all the Pandavas, as the serials - both BRC & RS-SK - showed.  He only defeated Nakul (on day 16) and Yudhisthir (on day 17).  On day 14, his battle w/ Bhima was deadlocked, and that too after Duryodhan sent some 14 of his brothers - including Vikarna - to defend him, and all got killed by Bhima right in front of him.  In that Bhima vs Karna battle, while Karna did remember his promise to Kunti, Bhima too remembered that it was Arjun who had vowed to kill Karna, and so refrained from killing him himself.

As I pointed out in a DBSK thread, when the Pandavas did their Rajasuya conquests, Karna's kingdom Anga was in the path of Bhima's conquests.  At that time, Karna had no idea who he was - neither Krishna nor Kunti had revealed anything to him.  Nor had Duryodhan pledged to kill Bhima.  In fact, Karna even had his kavach-kundalas.  So had Karna been that all conquering warrior that modern serials proclaim him to be, he should have easily - or w/ difficulty - been able to kill Bhima - there was no vow preventing him from doing that.  But what happened was that every kingdom that the Pandavas invaded recognized their suzerainty - including Karna's.  So what was he so afraid of - wasn't that a golden opportunity for him to do a competing Rajasuya Yagna of his own, and fight and kill all the Pandavas in the process?

But Kunti, by her actions, was a characterless woman, and an even bigger traitor to her family than Vibhishan is (wrongly) alleged to be.  In keeping her secret, she caused the deaths of at least 5 of her grandsons, and even Abhimanyu's, if one factors in Karna's role in disarming him.  While I'm no fan of BRC, one thing he depicted right was have Yudhisthir accuse Kunti of being primarily responsible for every death in that battlefield, and then cursing women that they'd never be able to keep secrets.  The last was a tad unfair - but Yudhisthir couldn't curse Kunti, even though she deserved to be cursed.

I think that after the war, Kunti should have been thrown in a dungeon, and never allowed to see the sunlight again.  She certainly shouldn't have been allowed to leave w/ Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Vidura - her proper punishment would have been incarceration & isolation for life.  A woman who couldn't accompany her sons during their exile b'cos she was a princess, and yet could do the same thing 29 years later.  What a crock!!! 😡

the naccording t ou main villaing brhind mb or karna is kunti...

Rishrabh thumbnail
Originally posted by: SRUJAconscience

God is faultless. He is pure and unsullied.

Ifs and but do not exist in the system of God. Nor is God Almighty the form of human beings. God Almighty is a source of colossal primordial energy much beyond the comprehension of most human beings. The concept of God Almighty and Cosmos becomes clear only when one gains enlightenment (kaivalya jnana) and finally salvation (moksha)... never before!

Lord Krishna was an embodiment of Dharma (righteousness). He had nothing to do with killing of people. In the face of adversities facing mankind he only advised king Arjuna not to lay down arms but fight his enemy for the sake of countrymen and the country! Lord Krishna advised king Arjuna that Dharma (righteousness) had to be upheld at all costs,come whatever may!

In the fight between Dharma (righteousness) and adharma (lawlessness), the position of Lord Krishna was of a Avatar.(God manifest in human form). It is the law of karma that holds good in the cosmic system. As we sow so shall we reap nothing less or more!

God Almighty always acts as a Dhrista (onlooker),never interfering with the creation of his! Whatever the residual balance of karma of one at a given moment of time,accordingly is the destiny. One with a sunny disposition and godly thinking reaps fruits of good karma most of the time. Those indulging in adharma (lawlessness) eventually bite the dust.

The life of every human being is directly governed by the law of karma. Even the likes of Lord Krishna can never change the karma of one. Lord Krishna, an Avatar of his era only acted as a guide, in the routine affairs of life. In the eyes of Lord Krishna, both Pandava king Arjuna and Kaurava King Duryodhana were equal,always and ever! 

agree..
Rishrabh thumbnail
Originally posted by: SRUJAconscience

"Lord Krishna appears as an old aged brahmin in front of Karna and asks him for the fruits of all the dharma that he has done and as usual Karna gives that and dies."

This episode is not from the Vyasa Mahabharata. 

This is from 'Villi Bharatham' a Tamil poetic translation by Villiputhur Alwar.

A Brahmin appears before Karnan when he is about to die having been pierced by Arjuna's arrow, while trying to lift his chariot's wheel. The Brahmin requests for some dhana from Karna. Karna, the supreme man of charity, cries that he does not have anything to give this Brahmin.

The Brahmin reminds him that he can give him the mountain like punya which he has accumulated throughout his life with his matchless dhana. Karna feels happy that he has now got something to give this Brahmin. He spontaneously does so without any further thought. And at that moment he sees the Brahmin transforming into Lord Hari.

Why did Hari (Krishna) do it? Why did he ask Karna for dhana even at that desperate moment? Why did he take away all his punya? Is it a cruel act of Krishna? No. It is very easy to get misled by such erroneous thoughts or misunderstanding. It is actually an act of karunya by Lord. Throughout his life Karna indeed did limitless dhana. But he had not performed them as an arpana to Lord Hari. This limits the benefits he will eventually derive out of that punya. But Krishna by asking for and accepting all his punya, makes Karna do the supreme dhana, that of donating all his punya to Bhagavan Himself. This elevates his dhana to a supreme level, as a Bhagavath Arpana. To bless Karna with his bhagya is the real intention of Lord Krishna, while He himself risks being seen as heartless. This is the true karunya nature of God Sri Hari.

At this juncture, Krishna induces Karna to ask whatever boon he wants. And Karna asks whether there is any boon bigger than dying in the lap of God Krishna with the vision of His Divine face.

Villi Bharatham, Book 17, Verses 250 & 251:

Krishna then said, 

" I was instrumental for the following;

1) Indra got Kavach kundal from you as a gift.

2) Kunti prayed you not to use Nagastra twice and got that boon.

3) I informed your birth secret long before.

4) Lowered the ratha and thus saved Arjuna from Nagastra.

I have done these things for the sake of you. If Jivatma does wrong due to friendship, I have to rectify those." 

Thus Lord Krishna elevated Karna to the level of Sarabhanga Rishi who submitted all his punya to Lord Rama.

thanx 4 sharing this..😃

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
God is faultless. The rules of right and wrong which govern human beings do not apply to God, because he does everything for the betterment of the entire human race. That is why, blaming Ram for exiling Sita, or blaming Krishna for the Mahabharata, is meaningless. We can spend our entire lifetime trying to find fault with God's incarnations, but ultimately we will be the fools.

As for the Mahabharat, every character besides Krishna had faults. It is not an epic of idealism like the Ramayana. Not just the Kauravas, even the Pandavas had faults, and Karna was no hero (at least in my opinion). He did pretty despicable things too, especially during the vastra haran. I also don't believe he was any stronger than Arjuna, for the reasons that Vrish pointed out.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 years ago