Debate Mansion

SRK Acting abilities getting older? - Page 4

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
why is everyone after SRK, y shouldnt Salman/Amir/Sanjay play their age roles? y r people partial towards SRK 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AzN CuTiE thumbnail
I personaly LOVE srk!! 😆 😛 but i think that he luked really quite old in KANK his wrinkles were really showing! 😆 but even though hes old he is a legend like amithab bachan he may be old but his acting abilities have not gone! i think srk is gr8! I LOVE YOU SHAHRUKH!!! 😃 😃 😃
insouciance thumbnail
So,can we get started all over again 😛
shikara thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: scorpion134

Does acting ever become old with the age of the actor? Does age matter in what you do or your talent?

No age doesnt matter in terms of yuor acting skills and you talent.  But some things begin  to look silly.  Like SRK playing a college student when is was 35 years in KKHH or a newly married person at the age of 40 in chalte chalte.

SRk has followed the path which leads him to sucess and continued to act the same way.  He played the obessed /crazy lover from his first fil m Deewana (role though was positive) , then continued with Baazigar,Daar and Anjaam.  Anjaam flopped and he changed his image and went to the Chopra/Johar Camp and gave us the SRK lover boy image who is the underdog and always has some obstacle in getting the girl.  He was sucessful for a 10 year period.  But now people are getting tired of the same old same old and tired of seeing a 40 yearl old (offically!!!) man running around trees.  So even those who are nuetral are joining the stop SRK camp.

The biggest problem with SRk is he has not shown any diversity in his acting except the one odd swades.  SRK has 3 types of expression in his movies.  One for the lover boy (all yash camp films), baddie ( all negative roles) and the sill comdian/bad guy role ( Duplicate/Baadshah).  He was very promising when he started but fame, money whatee.HAS MADE HIM STEREOTYPE AND TYPECAST HIMSELF.  An eg is KANK where he had a supposedly different role from usual SRK films.  As usual he stuttered and hammed his way throught it acting like his usal rahul in the countless other romantic flicks you see ofhis.

I guess what I am trying to say is when you see Aaimir or Big B ( more in his 2nd innings) or Ajay Devgun you see the character they play whereas in SRK SRK the star tops out any character he palys and that gets old after a while.

*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

why is everyone after SRK, y shouldnt Salman/Amir/Sanjay play their age roles? y r people partial towards SRK 😕

I agree .. Anil Kapoor, Salman, Amir & Sanjay are all 40+ ... its about time they stopped romancing girls half their age and "dancing around trees"!😕

Relating to the topic, no I dont think SRK's acting abilities are getting older. Thats my opinion & I stand by it regardless of anything anyone says!!!😛

I think SRK is one of the really good actors in the country .. has given some great movies ... so he deserves all the lime-light.

Yeah there are other actors who have given some great movies too .. but I'm looking at this on an individual basis & am not comparing SRK to anyone.

Edited by J. - 17 years ago
coolfire thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The point is, Shahrukh is playing it safe by playing slightly repetetive roles of a romantic hero because
1. he knows that it works for him.... and more importantly,
2. he's getting old (with competitions from abishek and hritik who share the same screen space) and he wants to stay(or should i say survive) in the industry and is thus playing it safe!

Btw, I'm a huge SRK fan, i fell in love with his dance in Koyla "hosh na khud kahi josh mei dekhene wala!" it was absolutely fantastic.... such sheer energy!
But, truly, his best performances has been Anjam, Raju Bangaya Gentleman, Swades and DDLJ(but here i give a lot of credit to the very well sketched character)

He started dissapointing me from K3G, and i didnot like him at all in KHNH :( rest is history ;) ... but seriously, overacting is a no no.

Now, I just like his personality and the fact that he's a self-made man with no connections in bollywood. I admire him for that. Hopefully, when he gets more older and starts doing character roles (like senior Bachhan) we will get to see some different shades in his acting.

Edited by coolfire - 17 years ago
coolfire thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shikara

I guess what I am trying to say is when you see Aaimir or Big B ( more in his 2nd innings) or Ajay Devgun you see the character they play whereas in SRK SRK the star tops out any character he palys and that gets old after a while.

[/QUOTE]

Very true! ... and its clearly visible in a different character role like Ashoka, and one really doesn't like it.

kaira11 thumbnail
i luved shahrukh earlier be it ddlj,kuch kuch hota hai,dil to pagal hai or mohabattein but now i thnk hez started to luk haggered n old i did'nt like him in kank n he now has the same way of acting same kinda movies,same expressions he shud experiment more than playin the regular lover hero for e.g hez lukin awesome in don wid the new avtaar !!! so i feel he shud experiment more wid differnt kinda roles.
mini2390 thumbnail

thats cuz srk is the best actor u can find in india.... hes more popular than any other star around... so people always tend to criticize the people who r at the top...... out of all these actors that u listed above, srk is the only actor i feel who can carry off any role even today regardless of his age... ....... he is 40, but his fans will never get tired of him, his acting will always stand out more than the rest... after all his acting has made him wat he is today. 😊 im  not saying this cuz im a big fan of srkz 😳....but cuz it is true... his acting abilities r the real reason that makes him the best.... how many actors can make a person cry and laugh, not many but srks acting skills overwhelm a person even today, even in his latest film KANK his acting was superb.... so no matter wat,  srks acting will never get old... its just that sum people have the habit of criticizing a lot... but that never denies the truth/fact... and the fact is that srk will always remain as one of the greats regardless of age. 😊

Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago