Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello Friends!

Look at the following description...

(Srimadbhagavatha Canto-1,Chapter-16,Verse-18)

"The bull[Dharma]wandering around met with the aggrieved cow [mother Earth] who had tears in her eyes like a mother who has lost her calf."

This reminds me of the story predicting the reason behind solar eclipse i.e, Rahu swallowing Sun.

It is said that the Puranas are filled with various events. sometimes as allegorical works, and sometimes as historical facts. 

I would like to hear your views!

Any idea about such predictions?Are some of the events in our historical texts like Srimad Bhagavata Purana metaphors (like in the above mentioned examples) with hidden meaning?

(Some of the members made excellent posts related to the topic hence making an index for locating them easily,those who are interested can go through the pages.😊)

INDEX

1) Interpretations made by some Self Realized Souls on Shri Krishna's Life and teachings - Posted by SRUJAconscience.

2) Symbolism of RadhaKrishna Principle.(This relationship is a metaphor for devotee and God) -  Posted by Varaali.

3) Examples of God lovers(who love the all prevading god)  - Posted by SRUJAconscience.

3) Meaning of Iccha Shakti - Posted by Surya_krsnbhakt and SRUJAconscience.

4) Symbolism behind krishna's birth - Posted by SRUJAconscience and Surya_krsnbhakt.

5) Symbolism Of Krishna's Leelas With The Gopikas - Posted by SRUJAconscience.

Everyone is welcome to share.😊
Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

chirpy_life19 thumbnail

^^ Thank You for replying and posting this valuable information!

You people (I've noticed some other members also) post stuff beyond ordinary perceiving, i.e, with a spiritual bent.

I'm interested in reading the views of other members also😳
Edited by Viraaga - 10 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Radha - The Divine's Partner & The Partner Divine

She does not feature in Srimad Bhagavatham, nor Hari Vamsa nor the Mahabharata. Some say she was older than Krishna, others say she was already married / betrothed to Aiyyan. Some even question the sanctity of her relationship with Lord Krishna. So who was this Radha?

Radha represents the Desire / Yearning which causes the Divine Supreme Power to manifest itself. At first, the need, the longing, the desire to bring the Supreme Power on Earth has to be present , God can incarnate only after that. Hence Radha - who represents the Ichcha Shakti - is considered older than Krishna.

Radha being already married/ engaged represents the soul's  (jivatma's) link with the sansarik world. She broke her link with with the world and its attachments to unite with the Parabrahman (Krishna)

Radha represents the pure selfless surrender that only wants to merge with the Lord- asking nothing in return - not companionship, not moksha, not even lasting happiness. Radha asks only the experience of merging with the Lord.

Radha was the Divine's Partner. She herself was a divine partner.

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

She does not feature in Srimad Bhagavatham, nor Hari Vamsa nor the Mahabharata. Some say she was older than Krishna, others say she was already married / betrothed to Aiyyan. Some even question the sanctity of her relationship with Lord Krishna. So who was this Radha?

Radha represents the Desire / Yearning which causes the Divine Supreme Power to manifest itself. At first, the need, the longing, the desire to bring the Supreme Power on Earth has to be present , God can incarnate only after that. Hence Radha - who represents the Ichcha Shakti - is considered older than Krishna.

Radha being already married/ engaged represents the soul's  (jivatma's) link with the sansarik world. She broke her link with with the world and its attachments to unite with the Parabrahman (Krishna)

Radha represents the pure selfless surrender that only wants to merge with the Lord- asking nothing in return - not companionship, not moksha, not even lasting happiness. Radha asks only the experience of merging with the Lord.

Yes,Varaaliji,I read the same thing long ago.Radha's love towards Krishna is not just the relation between a man and woman.Their relation was spiritual where Radha represents the soul and Krishna the super soul.

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.
πŸ‘ I have never read a more beautiful interpretation!

And to answer the questions, yes many accounts, in fact, most have allegorical meanings as well as literal meanings.
_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
As other members said, this relationship is a metaphor for devotee and God...
It is represented in form of love.It is not physical incest .It was spiritual union symbolically described.

Even in Vedas god is compared to a dedicated wife who's love is only for her husband and vice versa.

Not only Radha,the same applies for other Gopis,Meera,Sakkubai etc.
I can say Krishna's love for Radha is the same love he had for Uddhava,Arjuna,Cows and all his devotees!😊

Once Meerabai said "It is Krishna as my mother,it is Krishna as my father,it is Krishna as my husband and it is Krishna as my friends.It is Krishna everywhere.

This itself explains the meaning of divine love where Lord's devotees experience his presence in every inch of this world.
Edited by SRUJAconscience - 10 years ago
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

So Iccha Shakti took human form as Radha.What is Iccha Shakti?πŸ˜•
Originally posted by: Viraaga

So Iccha Shakti took human form as Radha.What is Iccha Shakti?πŸ˜•

Iccha - desire
Shakti - Power
So Iccha Shakthi means the power of desire (of devotion and service). Or also the power of desire of God.
Even the birth of Krishna has an allegory!

Vasudeva represents the mind, and Devaki is the Atma. So the mind has both good thoughts as well as bad thoughts. There are six main vices: Desire, Anger, Greed, Attachment, Pride and Jealousy.
So when the mind thinks about all these six vices, the Atma also gets these vices. (Can someone frame this in a better way? I don't know how to!πŸ˜•) This is the allegory of the six sons of Devaki. These six sons are first destroyed i.e. These six vices are removed. (These six vices are mostly removed by a guru (ie) in this case Kamsa!😲)

After that, we slowly get bhakti for God - that is the purport of Balarama's birth. After BHakti is inculcated, the Lord Himself comes and sits in our heart and Atma - The Krishna Avatara!

I will see for some more!