20 Secrets of Ramayana that no one knows - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
This is my 1st post in this forum.πŸ˜›

20 Secrets of Ramayana that no one knows

Today we will tell you about those interesting facts about Ramayana that you would have never heard about.

Ramayana has been written by Maharshi Valmiki. This epic has 24,000 shlokas, 500 upkhand and 7 Kand with answers. The time when King Dashrath had organized a yagya for the birth of Lord Rama, his age was
60 years.

According to Ramayana, King Dashrath had organized the yagya with the help of sage Rishyashring. Rishyashrings father was Vibandak. One day while Vibandak were bathing in the river, he ejaculated inside water. A
female drank that water and Rishyashring was born.

In Tulsidass Ramayana, it is mentioned that in Sitas Swayamvar, Lord Rama had lifted the bow and arrow of Lord Shiva and it broke. However, there is no mention of this incident in Valmikis Ramayana.

As per Shri Ramcharit Manas, during Sitas swayamvar, Parshuram had come, but according to Ramayana, when Lord Rama was returning to Ayodhya after marrying Sita, that time Parshuram had come.

When Lord Rama went to exile he was 27 years old.

When Lakshman came to know about Lord Rama being asked to go on exile, he was very angry and had asked Rama to fight with his own father and win the throne. But he calmed down after Rama explained him. 

When King Dashrath asked Lord Rama to go to a forest, he wanted to give him lots of wealth so that he remains happy there. However, his third wife Kaikayi didnt allow for the same.

Bharat had come to know about his father, King Dashraths death through his dream. He had seen his father wearing black clothes in his dream.

As per Hindu religion, there are 33 croreGods and Goddesses. However, as per Ramayanas Aranyakand, its mentioned that there exists only 33 Gods and Goddesses. 

It is known that when Sita was kidnapped by Raavan, Jatayu, the king of birds tried to save her, but lost his life. However, as per Ramayana, it wasnt Jatayu who went to save Sita, but his father Arun. 

Vidyutjinn was the husband of Shrupnakha who was Raavans sister. He was a senapati in the army of Kalkay King. When Raavan was out to conquer the world, he fought with Kalkay too. In this battle, Vidyutjinn
died. Angry Shrupnakha cursed Raavan that she will become a reason for
her brothers death.

The day Raavan kidnapped Sita and brought to Ashok Vatika, the same night, Lord Brahma had sent Indra Dev to Sita to give her kheer (sweet dish made of milk and rice). Indra Dev first through his supernatural
powers made all demons present at Ashok Vatika sleep and then gave the
kheer to Sita.

When Lord Rama and Lakshman were searching for Sita in the forest, they had come across a demon, Kambadh whom they killed. Actually Kambadh had become a demon due to a curse. When Lord Rama went to burn his dead
body, his soul was relived from the curse and he told him to do
friendship with Sugreev.

As per Ramayana, it had taken 5 days to construct a bridge over the ocean. 

Once Raavan went to Kailash Mountain to meet Lord Shiva. At Kailash he made fun of Nandi and laughed at him. In anger Nandi cursed Raavan. His curse was that a monkey will become a reason for Raavans
destruction.

As per Ramayana, when Raavan had lifted Mount Kailash to impress Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati had got scared and cursed Raavan that he will die because of a woman.

When the battle between Rama and Raavan was being fought, Indra Dev had sent his magical cart for Rama. Lord Rama sitting in that cart had killed Raavan.

Raavan used to like in Lanka, which was made of gold. Lanka was first ruled by Raavans elder brother Kuber. Raavan had won Lanka from his brother in a battle.

Once Raavan was going somewhere in his Ppushpak Viman when he saw a beautiful woman busy in worshipping Lord Vishnu to marry the God himself. Raavan pulled her hair and ordered her to go with him. The
woman sacrificed her body on the spot and cursed Raavan. 

Thanks for sharing Manan!
We know some of these facts, but not all...

But as per my understanding, Dasaratha was 60 Thousand years when he did the Putrakameshti. It is said like that in Ramayana:

"Sixty thousand years have passed from my birth, oh! Vishvamitra, and this Rama is engendered at this age, that too with tribulations, hence taking Rama with you will be inappropriate of you." 

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago
Arrr, well thanks for the post. 😊
But in subject, you said that these are secrets no one knows.πŸ˜• However, all are known. So...

Infact, there is a "Ramayan" currently on air on Zee TV in which again they have shown some incidents you mention, like Indra Dev giving kheer to Sitaji.

Also, you say that "as per Hindu religion, there are 33 crore Gods & Goddesses.

Well no, this is not what 'Hindu religion' says.
Hindu scriptures inform us that there are 33 crore devi/devtas.

And there is one Lord of all creation, both manifest and unmanifest, who contains infinite creations in Him. Needless to say that infinite creations will have inifinite devi/devtas, why only 33 crore??

The Devi or devta of Sanskrit is hugely different from the 'God' or 'Goddess' of English. 

Hey did you know in one of the versions Ravana is Sita's father?
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Hey did you know in one of the versions Ravana is Sita's father?

This 'story' has its roots in verse from the samhita part of Veds, which all Sanskrit scholars, since old times, have said, has been wrongly translated. 

But some people, in old times, for some ulterior motives, still decided to keep the wrong translation, and try make it a part of Ramayan.

I've seen that samhita verse, and so, if you can trust my opinion, this story is totally bogus, an utter fraud.   
Thanks for the information Proud-India. Most of these aren't really "secrets". They're found in various versions of Ramayan like Valmiki, Tulsidas, and Adhyatma. But thanks for sharing them all the same. 
Originally posted by sherlock

This 'story' has its roots in verse from the samhita part of Veds, which all Sanskrit scholars, since old times, have said, has been wrongly translated. 

But some people, in old times, for some ulterior motives, still decided to keep the wrong translation, and try make it a part of Ramayan.

I've seen that samhita verse, and so, if you can trust my opinion, this story is totally bogus, an utter fraud.   

Very well said! This story is totally inaccurate, because the Ramayan clearly mentions that Sita was ayonija. She was not born of any human womb. She came from the Earth when Maharaj Janak was ploughing it for a yagna. Neither was Ravan her biological father, nor Janak himself. So any version that has Sita being born from someone's womb, whether it be Mandodari or Sunaina, is totally wrong.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Very well said! This story is totally inaccurate, because the Ramayan clearly mentions that Sita was ayonija. She was not born of any human womb. She came from the Earth when Maharaj Janak was ploughing it for a yagna. Neither was Ravan her biological father, nor Janak himself. So any version that has Sita being born from someone's womb, whether it be Mandodari or Sunaina, is totally wrong.

Right JR. πŸ˜Š

May I take this opportunity to say something important to all the visitors of "Mythological Masti" forum.

that you all are visiting this forum is an indication that you're interested in our old Sanskrit scriptures. and I find that lots of "English tranlstions" of our ancient scriptures are easily avavilable online these days, where anybody can read or download them. but no online site tells you what part of which scripture is treated as authentic by old Sanskrit scholars, and which part is under a cloud!!

Now, I relaise that it's mighty difficult for all of you to take an unknown member on an online forum, witn a DP of The JokerπŸ˜†πŸ˜† (hey, The Joker is my idol, btw) πŸ˜†πŸ˜†, seriously. 

But, I've done some reading & researching on these old scriptures over the years. And all I can say is that be very careful when reading these scriptures, keep in mind from which source you're reading them. 

As the example which JR & I discussed, countless such blatantly bogus stories and "incidents" have been inserted in old Sanskrit texts, mainly during last 1500 years or so. Why this happened?? for this we need to discuss in detail the socio-political situation of India during last 1500 or so years. Such a discussion is clearly beyond the scope of this forum. so, leave it.
But my request is, be careful. 

Now, for example, let's take example of Ramayan. I've read don't know how many Ramayans, and after all this reading, I can say that only Tulsidas' Sri Ram Charit Manas, Sage Ved Vyas Adhyatma Ramayan, Saint Soordas Sri Ram Charitavali, Ramayan  of important puranas like Padma Puran, can be read with confidence that there are no later insertions in them.
Valmiki's Ramayan also is very authentic for most part, but even in Valmiki Ramayan, a cloud of doubt hangs over some portions of it's Uttar Kand!!

Similiarly, for Puranas. I can say with certainly that the "Bhavisya Puran" we get these days is SEVERELY COMPROMISED.

What to talk of Puranas, the Griffith translation in English of Vedas is an absolute disgrace. Griffith has literally buthered the Sanskrit richas of Vedas. 

So, you all got the message, I think. πŸ˜Š