John signs Raashi Khanna opposite Ayushmann

SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

John Abraham signs Madras Cafe girl Raashi opposite Ayushmann Khurrana

PTI : New Delhi, Sun Jul 28 2013, 14:19 hrs Small Large Print

Debutante Raashi Khanna, who plays John Abraham's wife in Madras Cafe, has reportedly signed another film under John Abraham's production opposite Ayushmann Khurrana but declined to talk about it.

The Delhi girl says she was in awe of John when she met the Bollywood star on the sets for the first time.

"John is a gentleman. He broke the ice through casual conversation and was very easygoing and helpful during the shoots," she said.

A Delhi University graduate, Raashi started her showbiz career with TV commercials. She auditioned for the role and bagged the offer within a week's time. The newcomer is now looking forward to establish herself as an actress in Bollywood.

"I want to be part of every thing that comes to me. Be it commercial or offbeat, I want to establish myself as an actress."

The 22-year-old actress found it challenging to portray a character older than her.

"It was a challenge for me to portray a much mature character on-screen. I was little apprehensive of my capabilities but Shoojit sir (director Shoojit Sircar) helped me perfect my portrayal. I attended three workshops with him and he made me understand it better. I can now pull off mature characters," Raashi told PTI.

Madras Cafe is a spy thriller set against the backdrop of the Sri Lankan Civil War of the 1990s and John plays a RAW agent. The film, which will hit theatre on April 23, also stars Rockstar actress Nargis Fakhri in a prominent role.

The actress plays the role of Ruby Singh in the film.

"In this husband-wife relationship silence does the talking most. She is not aware of her husband's work and when she comes to know about it she does not show it on his face. She is a great influence in his life and shares a beautiful relationship with him," Raashi said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So, Yaami is out from Humara Bajaj.
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Originally posted by: eeyoretel

So, Yaami is out from Humara Bajaj.

Umm...no idea...I read Raashi bagged her second film in Jan-feb only...may be Yami is roped in for another movie...hope both girls get their chance...
Originally posted by: SudhaSangeet

Umm...no idea...I read Raashi bagged her second film in Jan-feb only...may be Yami is roped in for another movie...hope both girls get their chance...

How many movies John is making with Ayushmaan? Isn't Huamara Bajaj the next project of Ayushmaan with John's PH? 

stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I was shocked to read Jhon signed Rajesh Khanna i was like how is that possible. Then saw it again its Rashi Khanna!!!
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Originally posted by: eeyoretel

How many movies John is making with Ayushmaan? Isn't Huamara Bajaj the next project of Ayushmaan with John's PH? 

Yes its Hamaara Bajaj...With Ayushmann...I meant I dont know if actually Rashi has signed HB, cuz I have seen even during VD time Yami was favourite...
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
She is beautiful ...is she related with the Khanna family?...thanks
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She looks so plain as in not Actress material. ðŸ˜•
Doesn't she look like the girl who played Hrithik's sister in Jodha Akbar?