Saraswatichandra

Interview with Monica Bedi

sudhabalakumar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

The pretty looking Monica Bedi grabbed eyeballs when she made her presence felt on the big screen in 90s and this time she has been drawing all the attention as Gautam Rode's step mother in Star Plus' Saraswatichandra. Though she plays an evil role on the show, one can't help but go gaga over her sexy hips.

We at Tellychakkar.com got in a conversation with this very lady….

Excerpts:

With Kumud getting married in another family, will your character be sidelined?

There are a lot of new entries in the show; hence the story is currently focusing on them. But Guman will be back with a new surprise for the viewers.

You are said to be one of the sexiest vamps on TV. Your take on this?

(smiles) I take it as a compliment. But, the entire credit goes to Sanjay Leela Bhansali and my designer Reena Chopra; she has designed some fantastic saris for me that make me look sexy yet so elegant. I am being appreciated for my look in the show by designers as well as housewives alike and it's overwhelming.

Bigg Boss is getting its old contestants back in Bigg Boss Season 7. Have you been approached for the same?

(pauses) I did receive a call from the production house, but they haven't told me anything beyond it. My career re-started post-Bigg Boss, hence I can never say 'no' to them or the channel. But, they still have to decide if they want me in the show or not.

How is your rapo with your co-star Jennifer Winget?

We just had a very small track together, so we did not get the time to bond. But Jennifer is a pretty girl and a good actress who is also a thorough professional. In fact, I am closer to Gautam (Rode) and Chetan (Pandit).

Gautam does a lot of masti on the sets. He is this small brat on the sets who keeps playing pranks all the time. I literally ask him to shut up at times (laughs). On the other hand, Chetanji is an experienced man and I have got to learn a lot from him about acting. In fact, he has even taught me the right diction.

There have been constant reports that Saraswatichandra is going off-air!

I haven't heard about it going off-air yet, but I know that our story has certain limitations as it's a story from a Gujarati novel. We cannot add needed twists and turns to improve the TRPs as the owners of the novel wanted the story to be narrated just the way it is. So, yes our story will not go on for years like other shows; it has to have a specific end.

How do you react when you are said to be prettier than Jennifer?

(laughs) Jenny is a very pretty girl. We have our own looks, but I am very thankful to people who feel I am beautiful (blushes).

And how do you feel when you are constantly asked about Abu Salem?

The media and people have been very kind to let bygones be bygones. There are still a few who question me about it, but there are flip sides of being a celebrity and I've got used to it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
 A good interview enjoyed reading it! Just wished her vampness was a bit stronger. Pramad is a lot more evil but every character is different and she is perfect as Guman! Love her dress sense and look! ❤️ Thanks for sharing!
ILTHBEB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Did she indicate here that total story line wl follow real novel as novel's owner wants it? Then if cvs show samud's unite at last, won't owner sue against producer? I didn't get this part of iv.
Cheesy-Chants thumbnail
beauty wid brains...

TFS
veela thumbnail
Originally posted by: nabiii

Did she indicate here that total story line wl follow real novel as novel's owner wants it? Then if cvs show samud's unite at last, won't owner sue against producer? I didn't get this part of iv.

they do unite in the end even in the novel no? well, if i am not mistaken ... so why would they sue ?
ILTHBEB thumbnail
Originally posted by: veela

they do unite in the end even in the novel no? well, if i am not mistaken ... so why would they sue ?

no,in novel they didn't ever become unite..so, if cvs now change last part then novel owner can sue against producer..i have doubt here..has something like this contract happened b/w owner n ph?!
HydroxyGroup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: nabiii

no,in novel they didn't ever become unite..so, if cvs now change last part then novel owner can sue against producer..i have doubt here..has something like this contract happened b/w owner n ph?!

idt Thr z any contract btn Owner nd producer its they've adapted it completely so its depends on producer wat changes he wants to do... Nd if thr is a contract thng abt completely sticking to d original thn the many thngs would nt have happened which cvs have shwd till nw also d character's r bit different specially saras kumud... Nd to convince todays viewers they should give appropriate end...be it sad or happy bt d reason should b more convincing (specially fr d sad end lyk novel nd movie)... Bt i dnt think they'l follow novel end here cz widow marriage z common nw a days..
khanrocks thumbnail
want to see her back 
ILTHBEB thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anki_KJSG

idt Thr z any contract btn Owner nd producer its they've adapted it completely so its depends on producer wat changes he wants to do... Nd if thr is a contract thng abt completely sticking to d original thn the many thngs would nt have happened which cvs have shwd till nw also d character's r bit different specially saras kumud... Nd to convince todays viewers they should give appropriate end...be it sad or happy bt d reason should b more convincing (specially fr d sad end lyk novel nd movie)... Bt i dnt think they'l follow novel end here cz widow marriage z common nw a days..

thanks fr clarification..1 ques! U look u have read real novel..so, can u tell me in novel, was the reason behind not to b unite in samud b/c kumud was widow or not kumud wasn't ready to get married again b/c she wanted to serve her in laws in her rest of life!
Skittle16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tfs
Want to see her back in action