Change in society not possible

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
In the recent past we have had many issues that reflected a need to change our society which still is male dominated and everyone was very enthusiastic about it.

But are we really up for it? Are we really working towards it? I think no...!

I was surprised that even women are respecting Ram Kapoor's character who mistreats his pregnant wife regularly...Whenever he comes in front of her,he shouts at her.He doesn't even talk to her on phone.

He takes her for granted and then also he is respected...Its damn shocking and nobody even criticizes his character...People just like my posts and leave it.And still we want women empowerment.These are the small things that can raise awareness in the society but we are too swayed by a hero that we don't even care how is his character shaping up and what is it preaching.

When people say that we respect Ram's character I really find it sad that a man who has been constantly shown disrespecting and mistreating his wife for the last 1 month is respected.And still we talk of societal changes and women empowerment.

The forums are also meant for feedbacks but people hardly give feedbacks here...There are only FFs and SSs which should be but isn't a forum also meant for making cvs understand what they are showing is dirty?

But nobody cares about it,instead we become very happy when we are provided a a washroom scene that is completely illogical like as if cvs have thrown peanuts to us considering us as monkeys.

We go on respecting a character that taunts his wife on her brother's actions...Is it ethical?Are we the same who were up for women empowerment?

No...a big no...!

I don't understand what fault does priya have in kartik's actions...Why should priya be punished by ram for kartik's deeds...This can be only an action of an illiterate person.

I think a MAN IS MAN IF HE IS COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO RESPECT HIS SPOUSE...But Ram's character doesn't and still he is respected.Does he deserve being called a man?

I don't understand how does his character command respect?

I being a man myself find it too disrespectful for women.

Its disheartening that nobody will even reply to it.

See paaji its just the way u write bcoz of which ppl re not rplying...if u could write in a decent way not using words like MCP nd all..ppl will rply
We all re frustrated with BALh nd its char but never we will write something like this..nd i dont know if u have seen other threads or not other ppl nd myself too is critisizing infact both ram as well as priya with other char of balh..
Both ram nd priya re wrong..but i seriously didnt find this much negativity in ram's char which u re saying..he is wrong at many places bcoz he is always like my family nd ur family nd always vent his anger out on priya..i agree
But in yest epi office wala scene his anger is justified bcoz its bcoz of priya-soumya's plan the situation is more worst..Edited by vironikajain - 10 years ago
Originally posted by paaji54

In the recent past we have had many issues that reflected a need to change our society which still is male dominated and everyone was very enthusiastic about it.

But are we really up for it? Are we really working towards it? I think no...!

I was surprised that even women are respecting Ram Kapoor's character who mistreats his pregnant wife regularly...Whenever he comes in front of her,he shouts at her.He doesn't even talk to her on phone.

He takes her for granted and then also he is respected...Its damn shocking and nobody even criticizes his character...People just like my posts and leave it.And still we want women empowerment.These are the small things that can raise awareness in the society but we are too swayed by a hero that we don't even care how is his character shaping up and what is it preaching.

When people say that we respect Ram's character I really find it sad that a man who has been constantly shown disrespecting and mistreating his wife for the last 1 month is respected.And still we talk of societal changes and women empowerment.

The forums are also meant for feedbacks but people hardly give feedbacks here...There are only FFs and SSs which should be but isn't a forum also meant for making cvs understand what they are showing is dirty?

But nobody cares about it,instead we become very happy when we are provided a a washroom scene that is completely illogical like as if cvs have thrown peanuts to us considering us as monkeys.

We go on respecting a character that taunts his wife on her brother's actions...Is it ethical?Are we the same who were up for women empowerment?

No...a big no...!

I don't understand what fault does priya have in kartik's actions...Why should priya be punished by ram for kartik's deeds...This can be only an action of an illiterate person.

I think a MAN IS MAN IF HE IS COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO RESPECT HIS SPOUSE...But Ram's character doesn't and still he is respected.Does he deserve being called a man?

I don't understand how does his character command respect?

I being a man myself find it too disrespectful for women.

Its disheartening that nobody will even reply to it.

I think the point you make is important - discussion of issues such as the one you raise are important.
I think this forum is unlikely to be hospitable to your ideas though because some of the people who contribute are die-hard fans of  the two main characters- Ram and Priya. They won't mind you criticising the CVS but they love their characters.

For me the main sociological question is why ordinary people "love" imaginary characters so much that they will fight with you (and me) rather than accept that the kind of values shown are wrong: Priya's endless schemes and plotting (although for  good outcomes) makes her a scheming, manipulative person, who doesn't choose  frankness, and straightforwardness.  Ram's arrogance of wealth, foolishness, willingness to bend the rules make him an unpleasant person. The rest of the characters are cardboard cut outs or stereotypes.

The problem is that everyone is going to lose their cool and say negative things about your comments and mine when we point out such things. So I wonder  what exactly is the deep, inner meaning of this serial for people who love Ram and Priya so much that it hurts them to hear criticism of what are, after all, only imaginary characters?

Edited by ROSHAN73 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by vironikajain

See paaji its just the way u write bcoz of which ppl re not rplying...if u could write in a decent way not using words like MCP nd all..ppl will rply
We all re frustrated with BALh nd its char but never we will write something like this..nd i dont know if u have seen other threads or not other ppl nd myself too is critisizing infact both ram as well as priya with other char of balh..
Both ram nd priya re wrong..but i seriously didnt find this much negativity in ram's char which u re saying..he is wrong at many places bcoz he is always like my family nd ur family nd always vent his anger out on priya..i agree
But in yest epi office wala scene his anger is justified bcoz its bcoz of priya-soumya's plan the situation is more worst..

vironika

I am talking of the anger which he will be showing on priya today bcoz of kartik...I have problem with this...He always does your family,my family and all this but I have never seen priya taunting ram on his family but ram does it repeatedly.What fault does priya have if kartik cheats on nutz?
Originally posted by paaji54

vironika

I am talking of the anger which he will be showing on priya today bcoz of kartik...I have problem with this...He always does your family,my family and all this but I have never seen priya taunting ram on his family but ram does it repeatedly.What fault does priya have if kartik cheats on nutz?

I cant say about precap before seeing it but for rest i agree with u..
So u shined up your grammar alot. I see one word which I still don't like-illiterate. Now I feel a little satisfied in answering u  Firstly, I agree that Ram has not been quite Ram since Nuts issue😆. But I looked at the life he was living before Priya entered and I get an understanding where he's coming from. He lived for his family then-His sister and Dadi...forget the others. His life revolved around them and making them happy.That was him. 
The problem with Ram is he is afraid to lose his family, because of the bond they had/have for many years... The bond is older than RAYA's no?😃
He is justified in that category. 
But Priya is also wrong too. Priya was wrong. But still that doesn't give him the right to behave that way. 😭
I don't know what Ekta is trying to teach us. I am watching for the actor Ram Kapoor, not the character. Until Ekta fix the show back to how it was at the beginning, then I'll watch for the characters👍🏼
And no, Ram would never hit his wife. He is not an abuser. He is just angry😉