Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Brackish yet Sweet - Usha Nadkarni

Known for her various roles, the veteran actor Usha Nadkarni is often mis-understood as being rude, but in a free-wheeling chat she negates all stories about her!

Usha Nadkarni was at her candid best at the launch of Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal. A known theatre, film and Television actor who is popular for the various characters she has portrayed is not known as someone who will mince her words. Usha made sure that all present were entertained as she spoke about her role in the new comic caper as well as her reaction to Pavitra Rishta taking a leap and some of the cast quitting the show.

In Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal on Colors, Usha will be seen as Kamini Fauzdaar aka dadi who is a strict disciplinarian. "My character is of a retired jailor who has seen hardcore criminals so she has a strict demeanor while dealing with everyone on the show." After playing a typical saas in the serious family drama, Pavitra Rishta, Usha finds this comedy as a relief of fresh air, "As an actor I am open to doing something new all the time. I have been acting since I was in school when I was studying in 4th standard so I have tried everything but still when I am offered something new it gets me excited. At the end of it all, I am an actor and a professional one at that so these things are all mandatory for me" she says.

The professional that she is, Usha will be continuing with Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV even after the show takes a leap unlike the youngsters who are all ready to quit the show and have announced their decision too. Talking about the same Usha says, "I too wanted to leave the show but then I had a meeting with my producer Ekta Kapoor in her office. I also had problems with one of the leads but all matters were sorted by Ekta. I told her about my problems and she said, "I will take care of that', I told her to look into the way my character would shape in the future and she said, "I will take care of that', then I mustered courage and spoke about a little increase in payment which has not happened since the past two years and she smiled and said, "Don't worry, I will take care of that too." So when you have such a good producer who reassures you and takes care of your every need why would I want to quit the show? I had my issues resolved and am happy to continue. I am continuing with the show only because of Ekta."

She however doesn't want to comment on the youngsters who have taken the decision of quitting the show due to the leap, "To each his own" she says, "They are young and maybe have more choices too with them. They don't want to look old and grey their hair so it is their choice altogether." What she dislikes is the way the young actors behave on the sets. As a senior in this profession it bothers Usha, "The way they talk and behave with seniors is something I don't like but then who are we to correct them? They are irresponsible and even talk on the phone in between shots which is not a professional way to conduct yourself but who cares is the attitude these days so everything goes on just like that!"

Usha who has a humor streak comes across as being fiery many a times. "I know that some people find me rude but that is because I am not afraid of anyone and I say what I feel. I don't care what they say!" But what happens with her real life bahu, won't she be scared of having someone like her as a saas? "My son is not yet married but I feel whenever he does, my bahu will be more than happy to have me as her saasu maa" she ends with a laugh.

Seema Khot Mattoo

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/15824-brackish-yet-sweet-usha-nadkarni.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

"Comedy is more challenging than drama": Mazher Sayed

For the first time, actor Mazher Sayed tries his hand in comedy for Colors upcoming new show Mrs.Pammi Pyarelal.

After being seen in an episodic of Sony TV'SCrime Patrol, Mazher Sayed is all set to return to television in a full-fledged character.  He has bagged Colors most awaited show Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal, in which the actor will be seen portraying a whacky character named 'Ranjeet'.

In conversation with TellyBuzz, the very talented actor Mazher Sayed spills out the traits of his on- screen character, as he says, "My character 'Ranjeet' is supposed to be very filmy in nature. Basically, I'm a flop director who always wants to be praised for his profession. Interestingly, I treat every situation like a still from a movie and I'm ever ready with a song that suits the situation."

Talking further about his comic character, Mazher went on to say, "Ranjeet is also very flamboyant and enticing until Pammi enters his life, which gives flavors to his existence. "

While on one hand, it is usually observed that most of the comedy actors easily switch to drama, on the other hand, not all dramatic actors succeed with comedy. Regarding the same, the actor says, "Yes I truly agree, comedy is a hard task and more challenging than drama. In fact, Comedy is much demanding because it requires an active sixth sense followed by precision-perfect timing! As we all know, at the end, it must appeal to everyone."

When asked about the equation he shares with Gaurav Gera, Mazher says, "Well, this is not the first time that I'm working with Gaurav. Earlier as well, we both have shared a screen-space in the show 'Kahin Kisi Roz'. But now, it's a bit different scenario because I have to fall in love with him." (Laughs).

Leaving a message to the audience, the actor says, "Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal is one of its kind. I'm sure people are going to enjoy our light-hearted new show. Placed at a 7 pm slot, it's going to be like a fresh starter before all the other shows."

Finally the wait ends, as the show is all set to begin today. Are you excited for Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal?

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/15846-comedy-is-more-challenging-than-drama-mazher-sayed.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

Pammi Pyarelal will be a stress-buster for all : Dimple Jhangiani

Dimple who is happy to do a light hearted opposite Gaurav Gera talks about Pammi Pyarelal.

The very cute and adorable television actress Dimple Jhangiani who was last seen in Life OK's show Amrit Manthanwill soon be seen playing a pivotal role in Colors most awaited show Pammi Pyarelal.

In conversation with TellyBuzz, Dimple talks about her forthcoming show, as she says, "Pammi Pyarelal is beyond doubt a very different show, which is purely focused on comedy. Till date, I have been associated with five daily soaps and all the five shows featured the same stereotypical Saas-Bahu drama, but now I'm happy to be a part of this light-hearted show. "

Talking about her character in Pammi Pyarelal, the beautiful actress says, "My character is named as Minty, who is a very bubbly and fun-loving girl. Minty is exactly what you can call as 'Legally Blonde'. While she is extremely girlish, people assume that she is quite stupid, but that is the way she lives her life."

Dimple also went on to say, "When I was briefed about my character, I was like this is exactly what I am in real life. In both my real and reel life, I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of a person. In this show, you'll see me in a western avatar in bright colored furry dresses. Thankfully, this time there is going to be less of glycerin and more gloss. (Laughs) "

Giving us a hint of the plot of the story, Dimple further says, "Even though I haven't worked withGaurav Gera before, he made me feel very comfortable on my first day of shoot.  He is a simply a down to earth guy and working with Gaurav is just amazing. Actually, my role is opposite Pammi and he is somehow going to fall in love with me in the show."

When questioned about the 7 pm slot that can act as a barrier to grab more eyeballs, Dimple says, "Well that's the risk for us and for the channel. However, I believe the interesting track of the story will help us reach out to a large mass of people. Also at present all the shows that are placed at 7 pm slot are dramatic and emotional shows, whereas our show will add flavors to your daily routine and take you on a laughter ride. I'm sure Pammi Pyarelal will be a stress-buster for all."

To all the fans and the rest of the audiences she says, "Pammi Pyarelal is going to be a super happening and full-on entertaining show. Just wait and watch Colors at 7 pm for your much needed dose of entertainment."

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/15768-pammi-pyarelal-will-be-a-stress-buster-for-all-dimple-jhangiani.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal is Pammilicious!

Colors's new offering Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal produced by Hemal Thakkar's Playtime Creations looks like a promising show after watching it's first episode. Infact, the promos of the show were quiet interesting and that is the reason I was attracted towards the unusual story line hence I decided to watch it.

The episode started with a full bollywood masala movie ishtyle temple scene where the protagonist i.e. Param Gulati played by Gaurav Gera asked God to send him to Mumbai so that he can become an actor. God sitting above and checking out what's happening on earth by a laptop was hillarious. The dialogues in the temple where he is talking to the God "are you on Facebook? I will follow you", will leave you rofling .

There were cult hindi movie scenes which were superbly goofed . His poor mother who stitches clothes and his ailing sister will remind you of 'Om Shanti Om' where SRK's mom wants his son to become a big actor in Bollywood.Then the situations that follows in the serial, Param's journey to become a sexy, hot seductress Pammi has been captured very well. It's good that the makers didn't take much time in Param's transformation to Pammi because viewers were dying to see her!

We all know Gaurav as Nandu of 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin' but I am sure this show will give him new heights in his career. Pammi is super-duper 'Pammilicious' and you will love her more and more!! The way Gaurav has carried sexy sarees, heavy makeup and jewellery is commendable. Dialogues of the show are written by Sharad Tripathi who has done a good job by giving them a fresh tone. Lines are funny and aptly suit each scene.

Dialogues are the backbone of a comedy show and if they are good, half battle is won. So, from the first episode this area looks very strong and so is the tight screenplay. I hope the story evolves gradually and we would like to see different situations where in Pammi will make us laugh by her everyday encounters. Pammi is saucy and looks like has already strated to woo all men around her!! Her naughty eyes are enough to mesmerize anyone.

This show is surely another great effort by Colors channel to keep family audience glued to it. Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal is sure to stay here and tickle the funny bone of viewers. I only hope that Pammi's character stays as fresh and unique as it is currently being portrayed and it doesn't become dragging.

The only part in the first episode which I felt was too much stretched was Rahul's entry. His scene where he demonstrates 'Ghissu' detergent could have been smaller.

The show boasts of an eclectic cast including some of the finest actors from the industry like Usha Natkarni (Daadi), Rinku Ghosh (Mohini), Mazhar (Ranjit), Vindya Tiwari (Gayatri), Dimple Jhangiyani (Minty), Karan Godwani (Rahul) and veteran comedian Sunil Pal (Noodle Baba)portraying different characters.

Usha's entry with a revolver necklace was very funny. She is an amazing actress who is another highlight of the show. Writers must keep in mind that their high ticket item is Pammi and she should get maximum mileage. Gaurav's expressions and body language make him a beautiful woman.

Our rating for this show will be 7/10. Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal will definitely prove to be a roller coaster ride for the entire family. We pray that Pammi Hip-Hops with good TRP too!!

ArianaGrande thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Colors launches new show Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal at the 7pm slot

Colors is all set to introduce a new concept in Indian Television with their new show Mrs Pammi Pyarelal.

Everyone must be wondering why a boy (Gaurav Gera) is dressed up as a girl in the show and we have found the answer.

Call her Pam or Pamy, but to the first timers, she would be known as 'Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal' on Colors.Primarily a rom-com, the show 'Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal' is all about a guy, who is desperately looking for some accommodation in the city of Mumbai.

In an effort to bag an apartment and impress the landlady's only requirement of being a married couple, the guy goes about convincing his male friend, to don him up as a 'woman' and get the accommodation.Although, a little quirky and naughty, the show is all set to woo the audience, with clean humor.

Gaurav Gera has been roped in to play the lead role of 'Mrs.Pammi pyarelal', while Vindhya Tiwari, Karan Mehra and Mazhar Sayeed play the supporting cast. Veteran actor, Rohini Hattangadi, will also be seen in a plum role, donning the role of the landlady, in the show.

We contacted Vindhya Tiwari,who said "The show will be high on humor and will be the show of the year with a complete new story."

So don't miss this show which will tickle your funny bones on Colors TV at 7pm (Mon-Sat).

Newsroom

Amanat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Size Zero figure will always be the trend - Dimple Jhangiani

Having a size zero figure body does not always entails perspiration and heavy work out. Even by just planning out a proper eating pattern, Telly town actress Dimple Jhangiani sets a perfect example of maintaining a flawless body!

Saturday, August 31, 2013 | 2:00:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: www.india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |     |  3265 Views

Slim fit and beautiful actress Dimple Jhangiani, who is presently seen in a bubbly avatar Minty on Colors light- hearted show Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal talks about her fitness regime and inspires us to follow a healthy diet. TellyBuzz got in touch with the pretty actress to know her 'Stay Fit' mantra.

What does fitness mean to you? What's your idea of fitness?

Fitness is not having a great looking body but feeling fit from within. It is a combination of both mental and physical well being. I believe, it has to be integral to your life because physical appearance is very cosmetic.

What efforts do you take to stay in shape?

For me, fitness means taking good care of my body, mind and inner self. I've always been fortunate to have a perfect body and I maintain it by not just exercising but eating right and healthy food after every 2 hours. Also, I make sure I exercise at least 4 times in a week. I think staying mentally fit is equally important as being physically fit.

Are you conscious about your food choices?

Not at all. In fact, I'm an absolute foodie. I eat just anything and everything. Eating is like my passion. I've seen so many people who are extremely conscious about their food choices and follow a strict diet. But I feel, dieting doesn't help you to say healthy in the long run.  So I follow a routine to eat after every 2 hours in a day, it keeps me active and healthy.

Three things you do every day to remain fit.

1) Workout for at least 45mins.

2) Drink good amount of water, as it helps to keep your skin glowing.

3) Eat after every 2 hours.

What is your take on the size zero figure craze among the girls?

I've never had a craze for size zero figure but I've been blessed to have one, without draining much efforts. I believe that zero figure will always score above obese body. Staying slim and fit helps you to remain active.

Is there any sport you are skilled at?

I'm skilled at skating and swimming. People usually swim so that they can lose out more weight but I swim because I enjoy it. 

A celeb body you admire.

I admire Kareena Kapoor from Bollywood, especially her perfect body look in the song Chhaliya Chhaliya from Tashan.

What is your fitness secret?

Just eat the right food at the right time and drink a lot of water. Don't starve and eat all that you want and balance it with regular exercise or workout.

A fitness tip for your fans.

Fitness is not about being better than someone else; it's about being better than you used to be. 

Monica Varma

Amanat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Women are following my saris, blouses: Gaurav Gera

For "Mrs Pammi Pyarelal", Gaurav Gera dons sequinned and zari saris, pads up his derriere and even tries daring colours like blue for the lips and green for the nails. If he is making heads turn as a glamorous woman in the TV show

Sunday, August 25, 2013 | 3:38:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   4 Comments  |  2379 Views

For "Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal", Gaurav Gera dons sequined and zari saris, pads up his derriere and even tries daring colors like blue for the lips and green for the nails. If he is making heads turn as a glamorous woman in the TV show, he is also making new fashion trends, which women are following.

If the likes of Kishore Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan donned the garb of a woman on the big screen, several stand-up comedians like Ali Asgar, Krushna Abhishek and Sunil Grover tickled the funny bones of the audiences in their woman avatar.

But what stand-up comedian-actor Gaurav has achieved, none could do. He receives tweets from women appreciating his style ever since the show went on air in mid-July.

"Someone wrote to me, 'I am following your saris' and there was this other girl who posted - 'I love the cut of your blouse'," said Gaurav.

Mostly remembered as geeky Nandu of "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin" on Sony TV, Gaurav is okay with displaying different kinds of emotions on the screen, but there are a few things he would never do.

"I think that my family is watching, so I can't do something I am not proud of. I would never endorse tobacco or go nude," he said.

Meanwhile, Gaurav is taking appreciation in his stride and asserts he is not doing anything new.

"When women were not even part of the acting industry, men used to do their roles. Men have played Sita in 'Ram Leela'. It is not a new trend. It's always been there," he said.

He may make many roll with laughter as Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal, but said it's not easy to essay the role.

"I don't dress up like a woman the whole day because I also play Param. But there are days when I have to wear female costumes for long hours and it's not easy. I am not used to wearing something on my chest," said Gaurav.

"The heavy work on the saris bites into my skin and they are free flowing, so I struggle a lot. It's difficult to play a glamorous woman. I have a flat a**, so I need to pad it up," said the actor.

But he was proud of himself when the promos were aired on Colors and said: "I asked myself how can I know every expression of a girl and look so hot?"

Gaurav, also a part of musical comedy show "Jhumroo" that is staged at the Kingdom of Dreams in Gurgaon, Haryana, doesn't take his character home.

"Acting is my job. I don't take it home. The characters that I play are only on reel, not real," he said.

But he was worried about his family's reaction when the promos hit the small screen.

"I couldn't explain to them before the show started, but now my cousins are proud of me. My parents are getting calls from places saying that the show is good," said Gaurav.