Devon ke Dev Mahadev

TOI: Pran saab loved work: Pankaj Dheer (Himavan)

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Pran saab was in love with his work: Pankaj Dheer
Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jul 13, 2013, 03.06 PM IST

Pran saab was in love with his work: Pankaj Dheer
Pran and Pankaj Dheer

Veteran Bollywood actor Pran who passed away after a prolonged illness last evening played villainous and character roles with elan. 

The actor who has been inspiration to many will always be remembered for bringing villains on par with the heroes says actor Pankaj Dheer who shared a screen space with the legendary actor in Sanam Bewafa.

"I am just returning from the funeral rites. It's a great loss and the end of a glorious andmagnificent era. He was a gentleman and an exemplary superstar. He was a man of humility who was passionate and in love with his work and that's the reason he has had such a long run in the industry. He was an inspiration for so many of us like Prem Chopra, Gulshan Grover, Shakti Kapoor and will always be remembered for bringing villains on par with the heroes. He was a perfectionist whether it was his getups or his style, he always inspired us." said Pankaj, who is best remembered for playing Karna in BR Chopra's Mahabharat.

Talking about the experience that he had while working with the legendary actor, Pankaj says, "He was a father figure to me. He made me understand the value of time. He taught me punctuality, dedication, versatility. Pran saab was always on time that to in his entire getup which means he reached sets at least an hour before the actual given time. The actor has done everything right from negative roles to comedy, to character roles; he even sung songs. Just watching him work was a learning experience, the way he approached roles. In an industry where it is only about to each to its own Pran Saab always believed in helping. He would rehearse with us so that we do better."

Pankaj, who was part of the funeral ceremony of the veteran actor, is upset and disappointed over the presence of a handful of members from the Hindi film fraternity, "He has done so much work for the industry. He was the founder member of CINTAA and the work he has done for the industry is commendable. But it feels sad to see just a handful of people from the film industry. The man has worked with so many people. I mean atleast six generations of the Kapoor's have worked with Pran sir but none of them arrived. Mr. Bachchan arrived when everything was almost over. What's the point in coming when you can't even make it on time during the last rites of someone who you really respect. The world has become very materialistic, there's no emotion left," expressed Pankaj.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavyyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So sad to hear a veteran like Pran not getting the respect he is due. May his soul rest in peace.
Pankaj Dheer is a wonderful gentleman. Like him.