Jodha Akbar

Smiley Suri/Lavina Tandon AT *Ruqaiya*the beauty with brains*

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Lavina Tandon / Smiley Suri
  Appreciation Thread

-S m i l e y ' s B i o g r a p h y-

Smilie Suri is an Indian model,actress and dancer who appears in bollfilms. Suri made her Bollywood debut with the 2005 film, Kalyug, which was her brother's directorial debut as well. The film turned out to be a huge box office success.

She is the sister of film director Mohit Suri and the niece of Mahesh Bhat and Mukesh Bhat.

Smiley is currently essaying the role of "Ruqaiya" in the popular show "Jodha Akbar",opposite Rajat Tokas who is essaying "Jalal".

- c a r e e r -

Smilie had assisted her director brother Mohit during the making of the 2005 film, Zeher, which turned out to be a moderate success.Smilie Suri did one film, N. Chandra's Yeh mera India after 'Kalyug'. It had Anupam Kher, Seema Biswas and Rajpal Yadav.Then Smiley did a special appearance in Crook for her brother Mohit Suri.

- p e r s o n a l   l i f e -

Smilie's maternal uncles are Mahesh Bhatt and Mukesh Bhatt while her first cousins are actors emraan hashmi,pooja bhatt,alia bhatt and rahul bhatt. Suri is very close her brother Mohit and to her nephew, Ayaan Hashmi, the son of her cousin Emraan Hashmi and his wife Parveen. She is a trained dancer and was training for the olympics, before she was offered Kalyug in 2005 and became an actor. Suri was with Bollywood choreographer Shiamak Davar's group for five years and has also been trained by Sandeep Soparkar. She has also learnt Kathak from Kathak guru, Vijayshree Choudhary.

-F i l m o g r a p h y -

YearFilmRoleOther notes
2005KalyugRenuka
2008Yeh mera IndiaAsha Ambedkar
2010Teesi Aankh: The hidden cameraVictimFriendly appearance
2010CrookSheenaSpecial appearance
2010CrackersKateVoice

DowntownYet-to-be-released

- T e l e v i s i o n -

Smiley makes her small screen debut with the much awaited "Jodha Akbar".

- i m p o r t a n t    l i n k s -

Smiley's official twitter account

https://twitter.com/smiliesuri

Smiley's official facebook account

https://www.facebook.com/smiliesuriofficial

Smiley's IF fanclub
(please join and comment regularly)

http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/11320/smiley-suri/

- L a v i n a '  s   B i o g r a p h y -

Lavina Tandon (born 14 May 1991) is an Indian television actress. She is known for her roles in television programmes like Jaane Pehchaane Se... Ye Ajnabbi and Papad Pol - Shahabuddin Rathod Ki Rangeen Duniya.
Tandon made her acting debut in 2003, as a child artist in Aruna Irani's television series Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan.

C a r e e r 

Lavina started her acting career in 2003 as a child artist in Aruna Irani's TV series, Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan, which aired on Zee TV. In 2005, she played the role of Charlotte in Hungama TV's Hero - Bhakti Hi Shakti Hai. In 2006, she played the role of Chamki in Star Plus' hit TV series, Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, wherein her co-stars were TV actors Rajat Tokas and Mugdha Chaphekar. Her next major role was as Ranjanba Darbar in SAB TV's comedy series, Papad Pol, wherein her co-star was television actor Swapnil Joshi. She is currently playing the role of Gaal Pari in SAB TV's children's television series, Baal Veer since 2012.In January of 2013, Tandon essayed the role of Babli in Star Plus' popular TV show, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, opposite actor Gaurav Kumar.[4] Tandon also made a cameo in Zee TV's horrow show, 'Fear Files: Darr Ki Sacchi Tasvirein in June of 2013, alongside TV actor Alok Narula.
In May of 2013, it was reported that Lavina had been cast to play the role of Anurag Sharma's wife in Ekta Kapoor's yet-to-be released TV series, Mera Tera Rishta Purana, produced by Balaji Telefilms. In July of 2013, Lavina replaced Bollywood actress Smilie Suri (the sister of film director Mohit Suri) in Zee TV's fictional historical show, Jodha Akbar, due to the latter's health issues and travelling problems. In Jodha Akbar, she plays the role of the Mughal Empress Ruqaiya Sultan Begum, the first wife and chief consort of Emperor Akbar, opposite her Prithviraj Chauhan co-star, Rajat Tokas

T e l e v i s i o n 

YearShowRoleChannel
2003Tum Bin Jaaoon KahaanChild artistZee TV
2005Hero - Bhakti Hi Shakti HaiCharlotteHungama TV
2006Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj ChauhanChamkiStar Plus
2006Ssshh... Phir Koi HaiVictim 403 (Cameo)STAR One
2007-08Jhoome Jiiya ReMithu AggrawalZee Next
2009-10Jaane Pehchaane Se... Ye AjnabbiParminder "Pammi" KaurSTAR One
2009-10Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar KheliKanika PrasadZee TV
2010-11Papad Pol - Shahabuddin Rathod Ki Rangeen DuniyaRanjanba DarbarSAB TV
2012-pBaal VeerGaal PariSAB TV
2013Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna HaiSweetyStar Plus
2013Fear Files: Darr Ki Sacchi TasvireinBasuri (Cameo)Zee TV
2013-pJodha AkbarEmpress Ruqaiya Sultan BegumZee TV
2013-pMera Tera Rishta PuranaStar Plus

Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail

- a b o u t   r u q a i y a   s u l t a n   b e g u m -

Ruqaiya Sultan Begum (?also spelled as Ruqayya, Ruqayyah) (1542 ' 19 January 1626) was Empress of the Mughal Empire as the first wife and chief consort of Emperor Akbar.She was the longest serving Mughal Empress having a tenure of over 49 years.
Ruqaiya was born a Mughal princess (Shahzadi) and was the only daughter of Mughal prince Hindal Mirza, who was Akbar's paternal uncle as well.She was also the granddaughter of Emperor Babur, the founder of the Mughal Empire and the first Mughal Emperor, as well as the niece of the second Mughal Emperor Humayun.
As the Emperor's chief consort, Ruqaiya wielded major political influence over Akbar and played a crucial role in negotiating a settlement between her husband and her step-son, Jahangir, when the father-son's relationship turned sour in the early 1600s, eventually helping to pave the way for Jahangir's accession to the throne

F a m i l y 

Shahzadi Ruqaiya Sultan Begum was born a Mughal princess as the only daughter of Mughal prince Hindal Mirza, the youngest and favourite son of Emperor Babur from his wife Dildar Begum. Ruqaiya's mother, Sultanam Begum, was the daughter of Muhammad Musa Khwaja and the younger sister of Mahdi Khwaja, who was the brother-in-law of Emperor Babur, being the husband of his sister, Khanzada Begum.[8] Ruqaiya's eldest paternal uncle was the Emperor Humayun, who later became her father-in-law as well and her paternal aunt was Gulbadan Begum, the author of Humayun Nama ("Book of Humayun") which  is the account of the life of Emperor Humayun.

M a r r i a g e

At the age of nine, Princess Ruqaiya married her first cousin, Akbar, in November of 1551 at Jalandhar, Punjab, shortly after her husband's first appointment as a Viceroy in the province of Ghazni, Afghanistan.The marriage was arranged by Ruqaiya's uncle and Akbar's father, Emperor Humayun, and took place soon after the untimely death of Ruqaiya's father, Hindal Mirza, who died in a battle. As a result, Ghazni, which was one of her father's jagir, was given to her husband, Akbar, to whom were also transferred her father's army and adherents.
Ruqaiya became Empress of the Mughal Empire at the age of fourteen years following her husband's accession to the throne in 1556. As empress, she bore the exalted title of Padshah Begum, a title reserved for the first lady of the Empire and the Emperor's principal consort and therefore, rightly bestowed upon Ruqaiya.
Akbar's profound affection for his wife came to the fore in his early middle-age, when he stated that had he been wiser earlier in his life, he would not have taken more than one wife. He regretted to have ever taken another wife apart from Ruqaiya, and even went so far as to recommend monogamy, saying, "To seek more than one wife is to work one's own undoing. In case she [the wife] were barren or bore no son, it might then be practical, but still improper." Throughout her fifty three years of marriage, Ruqaiya remained childless, but assumed the primary responsibility for the upbringing of her grandson, Prince Khurram (the future Emperor Shah Jahan).
When Khurram was born in 1592 and was only six days old, Akbar ordered that prince be taken away from his mother and handed him over to Ruqaiya so that he could grow up under her care. Ruqaiya oversaw Khurram's education as well.Ruqaiya and Khurram, therefore, shared a close relationship much like the relationship that Akbar had shared with Khurram (the prince had been a favourite of his grandfather). Khurram's father and Ruqaiya's step-son, Jahangir, noted that Ruqaiya had loved Khurram "a thousand times more than if he had been her own son".
Despite the fact that she did not bear any children, she was Akbar's beloved wife and his only consort who had the best claim of being his favourite. She was always kept in high regard by her husband as he great respect and affection for her. Ruqaiya was thus, the most senior and highest ranked figure in the imperial harem and at Court during her husband's reign as well as in his successor's (Jahangir) reign.Thereby, she took precedence over every other wife of Akbar, not only because she was his chief consort but also because she was his only wife who was the most supreme in terms of birth, being herself a Mughal princess and thus, belonging to the Timurid dynasty. Her step-son, Jahangir, whom Ruqaiya greatly supported as her husband's successor, also had great respect and affection for his step-mother and fondly speaks of her in his memoirs.
The Empress also took active part in court politics and had major political influence over the Emperor. She played a crucial role in negotiating a settlement between her husband and Jahangir when the father-son's relationship turned sour in the early 1600s, eventually helping to pave the way for Jahangir's accession to the throne.Ruqaiya also owned trading ships which carried out overseas trade of the Empire.[18] Apart from her own palace at Fatehpur Sikri, Ruqaiya owned palaces outside the fort in Agra, near the Jamuna river, a privilege given to Mughal princesses only and sometimes to empresses who were kept in high esteem. Ruqaiya was both.
In 1607, Ruqaiya went for a pilgrimage to the mausoleum of her father Hindal, in Kabul, while being accompanied by Jahangir. The same year, Sher Afghan's wife, Mihrunnissa (later Empress Nur Jahan) upon her husband's death, was appointed lady-in-waiting to the now Dowager Empress, Ruqaiya. Mihrunnisa, together with her daughter, Ladli Begum, served as ladies-in-waiting to the Empress for four years while earnestly endeavouring to please their imperial mistress.

D e a t h 

Ruqaiya died in 1626, at the age of eighty four having outlived her husband by twenty years. She was buried on the fifteenth level in the Gardens of Babur (Bagh-e-Babur) in Kabul, which is also the resting place of her grandfather, Emperor Babur and her father, Hindal Mirza. Her tomb was built by her grandson, Emperor Shah Jahan.
While recording her death in his autobiography, Jahangir fondly speaks of Ruqaiya and makes note of her exalted status as Akbar's chief wife and the unmatched position she held in her husband's life.
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
- r u l e s -
*A l l   R u q a i y a / S m i l e y   f a n s  / L a v i n a  T a n d o n  f a n s  a r e   f r e e  t o   e n t e r   t h e   A T   πŸ€—
    E v e r y o n e  e l s e , s t a y   o u t ! πŸ˜³

*C o m p a r i s o n s   b e t w e e n   S m i l e y   a n d   L a v i n a   a r e  s t r i c t y   p r o h i b i t e d

* N o   b a s h i n g , n o   n a m e - c a l l i n g 
* D i s c u s s   o n l y   a b o u t   S m i l e y   a n d   R u q a i y a / J A 
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
I now declare this AT openπŸ₯³
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Don't we all love ruqaiya <3

Btw aaj ka scene β˜ΊοΈ
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
nams did you know our smiley is trained in ballroom as well as indian classical(kathaK)
How awesome na?!
So versatile she is!
..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by-disha15

nams did you know our smiley is trained in ballroom as well as indian classical(kathaK)

How awesome na?!
So versatile she is!

yup i stalked her twitter acc!! πŸ˜†

she is way too good man! i mean i thought after Kalyug she hardly did anything.. she turned out to chupa rustam! πŸ˜† shiamak dawar? gosh one of the reputed institutes!!!! πŸ˜›

this girl is really talented.. 

whose "mambo" btw πŸ˜•
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-..nams..

yup i stalked her twitter acc!! πŸ˜†

she is way too good man! i mean i thought after Kalyug she hardly did anything.. she turned out to chupa rustam! πŸ˜† shiamak dawar? gosh one of the reputed institutes!!!! πŸ˜›

this girl is really talented.. 

whose "mambo" btw πŸ˜•

i know right?!shiamak davar!i was like what?! 

mambo,pata nahi πŸ˜• lets search! πŸ˜ƒ
..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
mambo is her pet πŸ˜†

but must say yaar she is soo caring towards her pet.. stalked her fb too..

i guess i like this girl.. πŸ˜‰ 
neha_only thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Today Ruqaya was so sweet and no meaness looking nor she was trying overpowering /taming Jalal like BK n MM.