Debate Mansion

Debate of The Day!! -- RAKSHA BANDHAN!!

nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO WISH  A VERY HAPPY RAKSHABANDHAN TO ONE AND ALL !! (specially all our bhaiyaa's here at IF πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰)

Rakshabandhan is a very special Indian festival, the celebration of the special bond between a brother and a sister.

Sisters tie a special band on their brothers' wrist on the day of Rakhi as a mark of affection. This thread, which pulsates with sisterly love and sublime sentiments, is rightly called the'Rakhi'.    

It is a way of telling your brother that you'll never forget how he teased you about everything, yet fought with those who spoke a single word against you and how you bid him farewell with a smile, and only he saw those tear drops in your eyes.

The delicate cord tied by the sister to the brother on this day pulsates with this sublime sentiment.The chanting of a holy mantra by the sisters while tying the thread says,

Yena baddho Balee raajaa daanavendro mahaabalah |
Tena twaam anubadhnaami rakshe maa chala maa chala ||

It means, "I am tying a Raksha to you, similar to the one tied to Bali, the powerful king of the demons. Oh Raksha, be firm, do not waver."

The mantra recalls how the demon king Bali had become powerful with the Rakhi on. The power of the mantra is supposed to protect the wearer from evil influences. This shows how dependent and secure a sister feels when she has a brother. Tying this Rakhi or Raksha signifies the re-strengthening of the bond between the siblings of opposite sexes.

The sister-brother relationship highlighted by the Rakhi goes far beyond the mere personal protection of a female from a male. It also implies the basic element of an amicable and harmonious social life where all members of the society look upon themselves as brothers and sisters and as children of one common motherland.

but now raksha bandhan seems to be the most dreaded of all occasion for the brothers !! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and offcourse the most awaited of all occasions for us ... aka sisters !! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ jab hum chun chun ke unse poore saal ka badla le sake !! 😳😳 lolzz ...... in the form of gifts offcourse !!

but the question that comes  here  is:

" Is it fair that on Raksha Bandhan and other festivals, brothers have to gift the sisters?? " 

unki pockets empty hojati hain πŸ˜‰. Eik tu they have to protect the sisters, plus, also gift them too  

please do share ur thoughts on this topic !! ...... i know  that all bhaiyaa's here would feel !! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ 

also please do feel free to share your experiences or special moments and your relationship with your brother or sisters here !! do tell them how much u love them and care for them !! 😊😊😊  

aakhir yeh kacche dhaage ka rishta lohe se bhi mazboot aur pukka hota hain !! 😊😊

and again  to all of my IF brothers and sister

Happy Raksha Bandhan !!

πŸ€—

India-Fourms Development Team

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sabko Raakhi aka Raksha Bandhan ki Subhkaamnayen!

I demanded and received 2 shirts from my sisters...I believe in iss haath le uss haath de...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edit: I was wondering where RB thread disappearedπŸ˜†. My guess is that 90% of IF members are females, matlab kal aap sabka mood ekdam solid hoga.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Double Edit: Kal aap sab log bataan ki kitna turnover hua. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by SolidSnake - 17 years ago
*TiA* thumbnail
SS...u r xactly lyk my brother....he doesnt give me anything 4 raksha bandhan bt demands money himself.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ....cus on his behalf my papa gives us money and gifts cus he's compleltly skint himself.
teenindia_usa thumbnail

I agree, the holiday is not about giving gifts its about, luv and respect, and it should comefrom ones heart and not just 4 names sake..

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: *TiA*

SS...u r xactly lyk my brother....he doesnt give me anything 4 raksha bandhan bt demands money himself.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ....cus on his behalf my papa gives us money and gifts cus he's compleltly skint himself.

I used to do exactly that bachpan mein. I used to feel jealous of my sisters.πŸ˜† Aur main kabhi poore paise nahin deta thaa (jo bhi papa se milte they).πŸ˜†

Bachpan Ke Din Bhi Kya Din TheyπŸ˜†

paagalhoonmain thumbnail
who says its abt giving gifts,its all abt love,nd gifts r just a token of tht.even when i dun gift anything 2 my sister,does it mean she wud not tie a rakhi?or she wud stop loving?
i never gift anyways πŸ˜†
sandhu_gyal thumbnail
this holiday is not about giving gifts\money to your sisters, but they sisters tie the rakhi on you showing you how much they love you, and a gift\money is what the brothers usually give to the sisters to show their love for them 😊 ..but us sisters still disserve the gifts πŸ˜‰
mkzara thumbnail
i always thought that the festival is about love and the bond between siblings. gifts are a just a way of showing love and bonds to ur sisters. However the sisters know that their brothers love them even if they dont give them gifts, so while it is unnecessary to give gifts its still a heartwarming gesture that your brothers are willing to spend watever money they have on u because they love u so much. so the only way it wud be unfair wud be if the sister asked for the gifts knowing that her brother cudnt get them for her and then got mad at him for not getting her the gifts.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
My bro, although i am fond of him , was and is a Kanjoos number 1 πŸ˜†!! He is a few years older than me now has a growing kid but still hasn't changed sadly and cribs every time he has to give me a gift. But i still wish him well and posted him a Rakhee and would have like to tie it personally.
Evilgenius_S.Sβ„’ thumbnail
πŸ‘ GR8 occasion! Gr8 topic and reallly Gud INtro.! Being a Muslim...ofcrse i cn only c /hear abt dese festivals.......!!i;ve always saw dese kind of things..or say dis whole festival Only n only in Indian movies......!! dats it! n u knw wat///.I actually Love it!! i mean wat a special dis relationship is of a bro n siss!!! 😳 on 1 side u tie him a rakhi....on das other side He is taking sum responsibility k he'll safeguard his sister till his last breath..coz this is a bandhan of raksha!! rksha krne ka,hifazat krney ka...koi zimmedari nibhaney ka bandhan hai yee!! n its really very touchy!! 😳 aftr da girl gets married....even den she ties rakhi 2 her brotehr...becuz tb b..uska farz khatam nai hotaa.....kyonk aise bandhan kch dinoon/lamhoon k lie nai hoteeyy------dey last 4eva./.....!! 😊 aur phir ye rishta har behan/bhai ko duniya ki sb chezoon /rishtoon se azeez tareen hota hai!! aur q na ho....ye hai he itna khaas!!!!!---------I truly love dis relation n occasion!
I don't have ny brother! 😳 and i really realize his absence! we'r only sisters.....! 2day wen i ws going wid my father 2 get an admission form 4 da UNiverysity den i realized dis v.much! k kaash mera bhai hota to main usko kehti k jao wahan wahan se form lado..ye kro wo krdo! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† 😳 But i truly admire frm heat dis relation n i jst request u all sis dere k *Value dis relationship n Value ur brother! becuz once dese relations r lost,dey cnt b endured!! so jst dnt let dat moment go weneva u cn make it da best eva!!
HAPPY RakshaBandhan Day 2 alll !!! πŸ˜ƒ
May God bless Ur Brothers n Sisters of these bro's.! πŸ˜ƒ