TOI: Sargun will always be special-Ravi

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Television actor Ravi Dubey spoke to us about his lady love Sargun Mehta, and why he thinks anchoring scores above acting, on his recent Bhopal visit

Sargun is my favourite co-star
Sargun will always be special to me. She is my favourite co-star. I worked with her in Nach Baliye 5 and professed my love to her in front of everyone, on the stage. Marriage is definitely on the cards. We will most probably get married either by the end of the year or next year.

I am mesemrised by bhopal
I was born in Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh and brought up in Delhi. One of my roommates in Delhi was from Bhopal, and I got to know the beauty of Bhopal through his eyes. He described the city so beautifully. He always used to talk about Bhopal and its wonderful people. When I came here, I too was mesmerised by this place. People here are quite warm and hospitable. They make you feel comfortable. If I get a chance, I'd love to visit Pachmarhi and other scenic locations of MP. 

Acting is scripted but anchoring is spontaneity
I love acting, but anchoring is what I enjoy the most. Acting is and has always been my first love. I was an engineer, but the acting bug bit me and I realized it is my true calling. I also studied masscommunication and took up some acting assignments simultaneously. When you act, it comprises scripted talent, while anchoring demands spontaneity. Acting is a rehearsed set of skills, but talking on stage in front of a live audience involves patience and presence of mind. I am inspired by Amitabh Bachchan. I am in awe of his persona. I always think that what makes him Amitabh Bachchan - is the great Amitabh Bachchan himself.